As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Briar Watch (a Thornwatch-inspired hack for Mouse Guard)

Aaron_OAaron_O Registered User regular
I am working on the afore mentioned hack, focusing on life for mice outside the Mouse Territories, beyond the scent border. It features increased focus on relations with other animals, the introduction of some light magic (steeped in folklore), and the Briar Watch, who serve as "the thorns, fangs, and venom" of mouse-kind. Darker than their Guard counterparts, the Watch is spread too thin to protect the mice in their charge. Instead, they focus on exacting vengeance on those that do mice harm: predators, outsiders, and even other mice.

If anyone is interested in helping or curious about the details, please let me know.

• GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    So, a black ops of sorts? I can dig that.

Given the nature of the Briar Watch, I would assume they wouldn't be seen favorably by the majority of the guard, though.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Aaron_OAaron_O Registered User regular
    They are not. In fact, one character option is to be an exiled guardsmouse, which is playing out very well so far. Note that they don't interact very much, as the Watch exists beyond the scent border. As far as the mice of the territories are concerned, that is literally off the map.

• GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    That is also cool.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204