As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[HALO] is dead.

BritishDavidBritishDavid Registered User regular
edited November 2014 in Games and Technology
http://youtu.be/Fy9HNGgPnxw

Friend request apamasterchief

Halo: Master Chief Collection

Release Date: November 11, 2014.
Price: $59.99, £54.99.
Platforms: Xbox One.
Developers: 343 Industries (UI, network), Certain Affinity (Multiplayer), Sabre Interactive (Halo 2 Campaign), Blur (Halo 2 Cinematics). Bungie.

Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3, and Halo 4 Campaign and Multiplayer in their entire, original forms.
Swap between classic and remastered graphics instantly in Halo CE and Halo 2.
Seamlessly navigate between all 4 games through one unified user interface. You can play across all games or search only in the specific one you want.
Over 100 Maps (93 MP and the 50 Spartan Ops missions) from each game along with their own respective gamemodes and gametypes. This includes Halo 2 Vista and Halo PC maps.
Packaged with a whopping 4000 Gamerscore.
Access to the Halo 5: Guardians beta and Ridley Scott's Halo: Nightfall digital series. See below for details.
All of this is on one mothafuckin' disc.

CjTxUSDXAAEzV5h.jpg
Xbox | x Dredgen Yor x |
BritishDavid on

• BritishDavidBritishDavid Registered User regular
    edited June 2014

BritishDavid on
    CjTxUSDXAAEzV5h.jpg
    Xbox | x Dredgen Yor x |
    edited June 2014

BritishDavid on
    CjTxUSDXAAEzV5h.jpg
    Xbox | x Dredgen Yor x |
  • NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Might wanna mention that everyone playing in the first couple of weeks is gonna unlock all those Specializations.

newSig.jpg
  • ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Also, all of the multiplayer armor from the previous thread:
    Picture of all the halo 4 armour sets, its a pretty big image so I'll just link it

imgon.net/di-WUK0.png

Theres some really nice ones but there's also quite a few super ugly armour sets in there too

• FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2012
    BritishDavid, I like you man, but

brackets

why

Also remember you're gonna need Live Gold to download Spartan Ops.

FyreWulff on
  • jerichotwofourjerichotwofour The artist formally known as S043. Registered User regular
    I think I did it too, way back when I did the H3 launch thread. Makes it really easy to spot when you're speed scrolling the forums - only now we have bookmarks, etc. built into the board.

Also, the armor is slowly growing on me. Slowly.

PSN: ZeroFourThree (PS3, PS4) | XBL: JerichoTwoFour (360, XB1)
  • ChorazinChorazin Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Might as well put this here, since I'm pretty sure no one will see it in the old thread now.

Well, concerning the Spartan IV armor (book spoiler)
    Halsey and a team of Spartan II's and III's found original Forerunner Huragok (Engineers) on the Onyx shield world, who are now aboard the UNSC Infinity. IMO, this is why the armor is more Forerunner/Covenant inspired, it's a mix of that tech and earth tech.

I'm thinking I'll go with the FOTUS armor and the Venator Helmet.

Chorazin on
    Twitter//@chorazin
    Google+//http://gplus.to/chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    3DS Friend Code: 3823 8527 9997
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    HOW DO I PLAY WITH Penny Arcade PLAYERS!

Add "aPAHalo4" as a friend on Xbox.

I've never done this before, so I dun get it. What is that gamertag?

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Why did we need a new thread?

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    HOW DO I PLAY WITH Penny Arcade PLAYERS!

Add "aPAHalo4" as a friend on Xbox.

I've never done this before, so I dun get it. What is that gamertag?

someone creates a junk free-level gamertag like "aPAHalo4"
    everybody adds that gamertag to their friends list
    when looking for bros to play with, look at friends of friend aPAHalo4
    invite anyone on that list to join your party, or ask to join their party
    wipe the floor with unorganized pubnubs.

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Angel177Angel177 Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Some Fyre shenanigans...our leader has fallen :( Long live British David?

Angel177 on
    6103544412_a48002080a.jpg
  • Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Sent a request to the metatag.

Gonna be casting bullets instead of ballots on the 6th (although I'm probably going to start with a campaign run before I multi because that's just how I do).

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
    Angel177 wrote: »
    Some Fyre shenanigans...our leader has fallen :( Long live British David?

For future reference: It's never a good idea to make/release a sex tape.

Also, the other thread was hitting into the 90s page count. Given the game's release in a week, probably better to start new now.

newSig.jpg
  • JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    I'll also ask again since the old thread closed.

Any word on coop in the Campaign, or is Spartan Ops the only choice?

• ChorazinChorazin Lancaster, PARegistered User regular

I'm pretty sure the Campaign has up to 4 person co-op.

Twitter//@chorazin
    Google+//http://gplus.to/chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    3DS Friend Code: 3823 8527 9997
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular

The OP mentions 4 player campaign co-op...

Pffft... Like ANYONE reads OPs anymore...

newSig.jpg
    I'm online now getting my HALO reach on

CjTxUSDXAAEzV5h.jpg
    Xbox | x Dredgen Yor x |
  • Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Helpful descriptions of the specializations in the OP!

but really, "Forward Unto Wang" when "Forward Unto Dong" is right there?

Come on

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
    Chorazin wrote: »
    Might as well put this here, since I'm pretty sure no one will see it in the old thread now.

Well, concerning the Spartan IV armor (book spoiler)
    Halsey and a team of Spartan II's and III's found original Forerunner Huragok (Engineers) on the Onyx shield world, who are now aboard the UNSC Infinity. IMO, this is why the armor is more Forerunner/Covenant inspired, it's a mix of that tech and earth tech.
    I think it looks entirely appropriate - a lot of the elements are similar to the Forerunner armor from Legends and the Prometheans in 4.

snm_sig.jpg
  • LeoniusLeonius Registered User regular
    You guys may or may not remember me, I put in a few games with DA BEEZ back in the day but faded pretty fast on Halo: Reach. It seems like each successive Halo game I've played less and less. Anyways Forward Unto Dawn rekindled my old love of Halo, so I'm looking into my preorder options and will likely be getting into it again, time permitting.

steam_sig.png
    im starting a CO-OP ODST game, need players

CjTxUSDXAAEzV5h.jpg
    Xbox | x Dredgen Yor x |
    The world is a better place today. No visible skill ranks in Halo 4.

• AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    Just fired off a request to the metatag. I think.

• Renegade WolfRenegade Wolf Registered User regular
    FyreWulff wrote: »

Shhh
    The argument about visible skill was bad enough in the last thread let's not bring it into this one

where are you guys! :-)

68448_10151238388178491_22694522_n.jpg

CjTxUSDXAAEzV5h.jpg
    Xbox | x Dredgen Yor x |
  • fatalspoonsfatalspoons Registered User regular

I agree with this sentiment. Creating a new thread when the old one is only at 85 pages is jumping the gun a little bit.

• rorrrorr Registered User regular
    I rarely encountered cheaters while getting 50s in different playlists, and it certainly didn't significantly affect the outcome. Oh well, maybe boosting was more of a problem? Looked neat from what I observed of the stream today, should be enjoyable

edited October 2012

Maybe I shouldn't bother, but I still don't get how having visibly ranked playlists that people aren't forced to participate in is a bad thing. Maybe you're not into ranked games. That's cool. Go played unranked games. But why actively wish for those of us who want ranks not to have them?

fatalspoons on
  • joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    You have your rank.

It's not visible.

joshgotro wrote: »
    You have your rank.

It's not visible.

That's why I said visibly ranked. Some people like to see their rank. They like to know where they stand amongst other players, and the ranks of the people their playing against. It's fun for people to track their progress. I don't get why some people are so against this when there are perfectly good non-ranked (or non-visibly ranked) playlists they can play if that's what they choose to do.

• LeoniusLeonius Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Honestly, I'm all for visible 'investment' ranks - based off kills or wins or points or whatever and hidden skill ranks. Keeping skill ranks hidden lets the game focus on finding you similarly skilled players while making it far less vulnerable to manipulation.

Also, holy cow, the limited editions are sold aren't they? Damnit.

Leonius on
    steam_sig.png
    edited October 2012
    Leonius wrote: »
    Honestly, I'm all for visible 'investment' ranks - based off kills or wins or points or whatever and hidden skill ranks. Keeping skill ranks hidden lets the game focus on finding you similarly skilled players while making it far less vulnerable to manipulation.

Manipulation is the same tired argument people make over and over again. It really was never that bad in halo 3. People really didn't derank or boost very often. And again, there were unranked matches that still try to match you up with similarly skilled players in Halo 3. If boosters and derankers annoyed you that much, you could go play the other matches and not have as much of a problem. I still don't get why those who want visible ranks cant have them.

Anytime someone makes the argument about derankers and whatnot, I can't help thinking in the back of my mind that they really just hate not being the best at the game, and they hate that everyone can tell simply by looking at their rank.

fatalspoons on
    Anecdotal all up ins.

Maybe they'll add in a option to show it if you want.

we get it, you want visible ranks, they aren't in the game, i prefer to look on the bright side and move on, or we could post about how much it annoys us to infinity.

CjTxUSDXAAEzV5h.jpg
    Xbox | x Dredgen Yor x |
    Not to mention, any game that DOESN'T have visible ranks seems to be full of rage quitters. Ever play Call of Duty or Left 4 Dead? There's a reason both games allow players to pop in and out midway through the game. It's because there are so many rage quitters who see no reason to actually attempt to win. They just care about their own personal K/D ratio, and if they aren't doing well, they leave. They don't care about winning a match. They just want to boost their own stats. A non-visible rank might help solve issues like deranking and boosting, but it causes a bunch of other problems like rage quitters and people who play for themselves rather than for the match.

edited October 2012
    Halo is full of rage quitters.

Nothing like spending the last 15 minutes in BTB snipers looking for the one guy left on the opposite team.

joshgotro on
    edited October 2012

I agree with this sentiment. Creating a new thread when the old one is only at 85 pages is jumping the gun a little bit.

The old one was over a year old and the new game is within a week of coming out. Circumstances means I can't update it anymore.

It was time to shake off the cruft of the thread being so old anyway.

Maybe I shouldn't bother, but I still don't get how having visibly ranked playlists that people aren't forced to participate in is a bad thing. Maybe you're not into ranked games. That's cool. Go played unranked games. But why actively wish for those of us who want ranks not to have them?

http://forums.bungie.org/halo/archive35.pl?read=1054300

Visible skill ranks will never be in a Halo again.

FyreWulff on
    edited October 2012
    joshgotro wrote: »
    Halo is full of rage quitters.

Nothing like spending the last 15 minutes in BTB snipers looking for the one guy left on the opposite team.

There were far fewer rage quitters in Halo 3 then there are in call of duty. I've played both extensively, and there's no doubt in my mind that this is true.

fatalspoons on
    Limiting join in progress will do that.

This discussion has been closed.