awesome music 2

screens
cq1o6qV.jpg
4aPCtSH.jpg
erA1es8.jpg
jDnWdwl.jpg
koqQGQE.jpg
ZkMm3Pb.jpg

ubisoft finally admitted that this actually exists, and put out maybe the best trailer for anything ever
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8zh94nidjpM

heres a GB quicklook

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sXwkkf1OK4

also

ibl2OoV46oHfze.gif

also some random reviews

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/04/30/far-cry-3-blood-dragon-review-xbla-psn-pc/
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/30/far-cry-3-blood-dragon-review
http://www.gameinformer.com/games/far_cry_3_blood_dragon/b/ps3/archive/2013/04/30/ubisoft-loves-the-39-80s.aspx
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-04-30-far-cry-3-blood-dragon-review
Blood Dragon wears its idiocy like a shield. With its mechanisms borrowed from a bona fide blockbuster and its cornball retro swagger rendering any artistic criticism surplus to requirements, all that's left is to have fun, and that's in plentiful supply. Blood Dragon condenses all the best bits of Far Cry 3, sprinkles them with cheesy nonsense and blazes its way through to a finale that will leave you grinning like a loon.

*****BLOOD DRAGON*****

*****ORIGINAL OP*****
Release date: MAKE IT BUN DEM

No ones talking about this game, and I think it looks pretty damn awesome. So heres a thread about it.

What is it? Well, heres some stuff i copied and pasted from this review that might shed a little light on that question.
The game kicks off with its protagonist, a blue-eyed American boy called Jason, being shown having the time off his life with his mates and his two brothers on holiday in an island paradise. In montage the player sees them doing shots, leaping into rock pools and skydiving.

The camera then pans back to show this montage is being shown on a camera phone that’s being held by the group’s captor, a twitchy, erudite psycho called Vaas Montenegro, who has a smile similar to that of a boa constrictor before it swallows its prey.

Vaas, by the way, is one of the best villains created in gaming in the last few years. Intelligent, charming and utterly insane, he’s as likely to casually stab a helpless captive through the heart as he is to wax philosophical on the nature of madness.

Vaas heads up a colourful list of slavers, pirates, criminals, perverts and nutcases who Jason finds himself ranged against in his search for his friends, once he escapes Montenegro’s clutches in the early stages of the game.

As Jason explores the tropical island environments, racking up an impressive number of corpses, he transforms from scared First World brat into an unhinged killing machine, tossing vestiges of his humanity to the four winds in his quest for alpha male supremacy. In short, he starts to resemble Vaas…

heres some random reviews
Eurogamer, 10/10
In the past, Far Cry's vision of a first-person shooter RPG where you explore, master and then control your environment has always been more seductive on paper than any of its developers have managed to deliver on disc. Far Cry 3 changes all that. For me, this is the new apex predator of open-world shooters.

Escapist, 4.5/5
Far Cry 3's single player story may have its ups and downs, but it's still an incredibly in-depth action experience. Its combat and open-ended gameplay is engaging and well-designed, and there are plenty of incentives to explore the game world to see what you can find.

IGN, 9/10
The allure of Far Cry has always been the open-ended tactical choices available during each encounter, and the variety of ways you could take down targets. With dynamic variables like aggressive wildlife and roaming pirates, your stealth and aggro options open up more than ever. I loved letting bears and tigers out of their cages in pirate outposts – the animals took care of the dirty work for me and I’d claim the enemy’s checkpoint as my own.

heres a random 45 minute video of some dudes playing and talking about the game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo8tUozgry8

heres some screenshots
Far%20Cry%203%20Screenshot%2005.jpg
Far-Cry-3-preview-1.jpg
Far-Cry-3-panther.jpg
Far-Cry-3-clever-girl.jpg

also there is a 4 player co-op campaign, and a kinda dull seeming COD wannabe competitive multiplayer. There is a pretty crazy looking level editor though, so that at least will be worth playing around in the multiplayer for.

so anyone else looking forward to this game?

edit: also... sharks!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eNdSSa1dek

edit: GB quicklook
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9RwXtTzrho

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCL3r2C0JrU
MAKE IT BUN DEM

Ah_Pook on

• Options
    TPSouTPSou Mr Registered User regular
    I just watch the Gametrailers review and cancelled my Pre-order. They didn't say anything bad really about it, but it just all looks fairly dull. Also seems like graphically the series has taken a bit of a step back. Got a chance to play it in September at Eurogamer and assumed it was just on early code, but nope, that's just how the game is. I'm sure I'll pick it up on a Steam Sale or something eventually.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    I'll be picking this up on the 4th. Got burned pretty bad with Farcry 2 and its lack of fun. This is looking too good though. Hope i dont get fooled twice.

I love the one review quote "Like Skyrim with guns!"

...so, Fallout then?

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    I'll be picking this up on the 4th. Got burned pretty bad with Farcry 2 and its lack of fun. This is looking too good though. Hope i dont get fooled twice.

I love the one review quote "Like Skyrim with guns!"

...so, Fallout then?

this quote from the eurogamer review was one of the things that really helped seal the deal for me
    A lot of this stuff was true in Far Cry 2, of course, but while that game was also magnificent in its own way, it was a little bit in love with itself in some other respects - which resulted in things like bus journeys, respawning military checkpoints and other ideas that seemed to be more about getting the design to match the setting than making things more enjoyable for the player. Far Cry 3 is a clear reaction to that - there's fast-travel galore, no more respawning, sympathetic checkpointing and lots of shortcuttery - but as well as curing some of its predecessor's ills, it also builds on it spectacularly.

edit: also im a huge sucker for wandering around lush open worlds and hunting/gathering. im going to hunt all the komodo dragons.

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    Ok, now my concerns are gone. :)

Hype!

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    JebralJebral The guy nobody pays attention to Down South in the land of free thinkingRegistered User regular
    This game was totally off my radar until all these good reviews started pouring in. I find myself surprised and eager 8-)

Now I just have to figure out, PS3 or PC. This happens with every game, I'm afraid my PC has gone off the edge of modernity, but then I try it out and it's fine. GRRR!

Now, I will try to sleep for a whole week.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
  • Options
    OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    This game was firmly off my radar after Far Cry 2, because Far Cry 2 was terrible for many, many reasons. I actually reinstalled it earlier this month and found a great realism mod that made the gameplay much better, but it still became boring. At least I played it long enough for it to get boring.

Watching that video in OP, this is the game I want.

Also, look how quick he shot those unarmored non-heavy dudes with than M4. Those dudes died in like 1-2 hits. In Far Cry 2 it would have taken 10 to wound them.

This game even has weapon mods. Look at those attachments. Beautiful. I hope weapons don't rust in your hands though.

I just wish these games supported mods better.

OpposingFarce on
  • Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    I really liked Far Cry 2 but it had so many things that were too annoying to overlook. If this improves on the deficiencies of that game than i'm sold.

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    If I can't buy it, it doesn't exist. Damn you steam, hating on us Brits :(

• Options
    well its not out yet you know. looks like its actually coming out 5 or so days earlier in europe than in the US.

• Options
    Yeah I gathered, I'm just annoyed youx can't buy Assassins Creed 3 or far cry 3 in the UK store when you can from every other store. Australia, EU, USA and South America. Stupid stuff.

• Options
    GrimthwackerGrimthwacker Registered User regular
    From the majority of reviews I've seen it's safe to say that Ubi Montreal managed to out-Cry Crytek this time. It seems to strike the perfect balance between the original game's open-wide combat and environments with FC2's structure and detail. I'll be picking this up much sooner rather than later.

• Options
    AnarchyAnarchy Registered User regular
    I'll almost certainly going to grab this at launch. With both this and the WiiU coming out next week for me, its going to be an exciting day!

"Oh, well, this would be one of those circumstances that people unfamiliar with the law of large numbers would call a coincidence."
  • Options
    ANTVGM64ANTVGM64 Registered User regular
    So that's why none of these reviews are mentioning AC3, they're from the same company and don't wanna piss off the PR teet from Ubi.

• Options
    i havent played AC3, what should all of these reviews be saying exactly? theyre both open world games, but aside from that they dont seem to have all that much in common.

• Options
    Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    Anyone have the details on the co-op campaign? I have a friend I like to do co-op games with. If it's the single player with a buddy, that would be wonderful.

• Options
    I enjoyed far cry 2 so much. I would've played through if again on PC, a third time if I didn't have so many other new games I've yet to even try. Taking out the convoys was the highlight. Especially the one near the runway. Thanks to @antecantelope, I will be playing and loving this one too!

• Options
    Anyone have the details on the co-op campaign? I have a friend I like to do co-op games with. If it's the single player with a buddy, that would be wonderful.

I believe the co op campaign is its own separate story.

• Options
    ANTVGM64ANTVGM64 Registered User regular
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    i havent played AC3, what should all of these reviews be saying exactly? theyre both open world games, but aside from that they dont seem to have all that much in common.

Well Far Cry 3 seems to do stealth, resource gathering, crafting, and pretty much everything better than AC3, which is a bigger title and IP.

• Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    edited November 2012
    ANTVGM64 wrote: »

Well Far Cry 3 seems to do stealth, resource gathering, crafting, and pretty much everything better than AC3, which is a bigger title and IP.

It's funny when people make up their minds based on video game journalism without playing stuff for themselves. The games are open world but not really comparable in their style or the way their systems are approached.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this a lot. I'm one of the crazy people who loved Far Cry 2.

Frei on
    Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    AnarchyAnarchy Registered User regular
    Frei wrote: »
    ANTVGM64 wrote: »

It's funny when people make up their minds based on video game journalism without playing stuff for themselves. The games are open world but not really comparable in their style or the way their systems are approached.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this a lot. I'm one of the crazy people who loved Far Cry 2.

Then I am as crazy as you! I thought FC2 was a great game and the story was what I made for it. I loved exploring the world on the hunt for diamonds whilst heading towards your objective. If you want to talk crazy, I owned the entire AMBX kit and FC2 was one of the few titles that supported it all.

"Oh, well, this would be one of those circumstances that people unfamiliar with the law of large numbers would call a coincidence."
  • Options
    I feel in line with the Eurogamer reviewer, I loved a lot of the little flourishes in Far Cry 2 like spreading fire, and the way you healed yourself and fixed cars, but I hated the way checkpoints respawned and it took so long to do anything.

It also felt like it never really changed across the whole game, 10 hours in I was using the same weapons and tactics against similar enemies in similar places as I was right at the beginning.

• Options
    Ad astraAd astra Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Since it seems they've fixed some of the problems that Far Cary 2 had, namely the constantly respawning enemies, and given us an even cooler looking map editor.
    I think Far Cry 3 is going to be a buy for me.

Ad astra on
  • Options
    Fists of DissentFists of Dissent Registered User regular
    Damn you Far Cry 3, I didn't want to buy you but now you come in the room with your glowing reviews and shiny open world gameplay and here I am about to part with my hard earned cash once more.

Goddamned holiday seasons' got me buying games every two weeks, And I can't even complain because they're all good.
    First world problems

T3NT0NH4MM3R.jpg
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    So this totally comes out here tomorrow.
    I forgot all about it until I saw it on steam this morning.

• Options
    OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    Oh hey looks like they fixed the casings being ejected on the left side of the gun. The best in FC2 was when the Springfield had the bolt on the left side.

So.

Fucking.

Dumb.

I am not a grognard. I typically shy away from games that emphasize realism. But there is NO good reason for it. The STALKER devs, who do the same thing, tried to say it "makes it more interactive." No. It doesn't. It is silly and I don't know if the developers had no idea what they were doing or it was by choice.

Sorry, I had a lot of hang ups with FC2. I'm just being a goose. I don't know why I feel so strongly about this. Quitgettinmadatvideogames.jpg

• Options
    Rizzi wrote: »
    So this totally comes out here tomorrow.
    I forgot all about it until I saw it on steam this morning.
    Lucky bastard.
    TELL US HOW IT IS!!!

• Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    It's pretty good.
    It's also uh.. Really pretty. Which comes at a price.
    far-cry-3-test-gpus-13ir6i.png

• Options
    Wow so my i5/8gb Ram/550Ti is going to struggle a bit then? I guess worst comes to worst I can turn down a bunch of stuff or play it in 720p. I'm always a bit dubious when it says maxed out settings as that often includes one particular setting that's horrific towards fps. Like the PhysX on Borderlands 2 or the shadows on any game ever.

• Options
    Yeah, my Can You Run It? analysis of my family's new custom-built desktop shows it almost reaching recommended stats save for the video card - ah well, it's the 360 version for me. Can't wait to embrace the pretty madness.

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    I was interested in this when I first read an article about the main villain, and how he's probably one of the best video game villains we've seen in a while.

Never played a FarCry before, so this will be my first.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Yeah. Never played a FarCry before either but the E3 presentation got me interested in it.

• Options
    You should at least try the original PC game; it's really quite good and still quite a looker in terms of the sheer environmental details. Combat's also great and unpredictable. Far Cry 2 almost topped it but a whole lot of design issues (repetitive missions, checkpoints along the roads full of enemies that keep respawning after you clear them out, everybody trying to kill you even if you're supposed to be working for that side at the time) bring it down a lot. Still worth looking into for the great African wilderness vibe.

• Options
    CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    That's my assessment of the first two also.

• Options
    Bob the InsaneBob the Insane Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    I am really looking forward to this...

loved Far Cry, was sad when CryTek and Ubisoft parted ways, was mostly happy with Far Cry 2 (I missed the CryEngine, it had the stinking respawning check points, but then again no trigens and was really pretty) and have pre-ordered the Far Cry 3 Insanity Edition...

Even got Far Cry Instincts: Predator for the 360... Didn't like that so much, the feral abilities where a bit uber...

Loved the CryEngine 2 Engine from Crisis, but didn't like the game play so much. The Nano suit felt a little too uber... What is it with Crytek and mutants/aliens and super soldiers??

Someone mentioned Steam above, it does not seem to be on Steam in the UK...

Bob the Insane on
  • Options
    Bob the InsaneBob the Insane Registered User regular
    It's pretty good.

Ekkk... this might be the game to finally kill off my HD 5870...

• Options
    What is it with Crytek and mutants/aliens and super soldiers?

Man, I don't even know. I'm hopeful that FarCry 3 wont fall apart in the second half of the game because of aliens or some other dumb shit, though. Since it isn't CryTek.

• Options
    charrbroiledcharrbroiled 'dis guy Registered User regular
    It's pretty good.

Ekkk... this might be the game to finally kill off my HD 5870...

6850 here.. I may need to wait until a summer sale :)

4d93c4f1d9d6247c.png
    Guild Wars 2: Tyreh, asura Warrior
  • Options
    Lord YodLord Yod Registered User regular
    Preloading this now. Also apparently you can unlock it today via a VPN to Australia.

steam_sig.png