As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [PHALLA] of Monkey Island (mini): PIRATE VICTORY

• Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Nice try Kilnaga.
    I think I still live.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Act 7 - No One Noticed The Voodoo Animated Decapitated Navigator?

With the extra kills voted for during the previous day, all of the pirates were a bit cautious on day seven. Everyone quickly settled on Langly. "A ghost turtle? Ridiculous!" said Langly. But when they sprayed him the magic voodoo root beer, Langly, a ghost pirate, exploded much as his master had.

The other vote proved far closer. First the vote was between premium and Retaba but then Anialos spoke up and decided that SLyM was the best option. As he had accused Langly of being evil, a plurality decided to follow his lead, to limit the number of scapegoats if the calls were wrong. SLyM approached the vending machine bravely, but the ghost pirate was eradicated nonetheless.

And then the pirates waited. They knew they had empowered the remaining ghost pirates with their vote for more voodoo root beer the night before. They found the first corpse in the largely abandoned SCUMM Bar. jdarksun, the Very Important Pirate Specializing In Treasure Hunting had died with grog in his hand, just as he lived. Unfortunately, it had also been used in non-approved external ways by the ghost pirates.

Finally, no one was quite sure how no one had noticed that Retaba didn't possess anything other than his head and was really quite shriveled and clearly animated by voodoo spirits. The pirates were the first to discover it and learned how to deactivate the voodoo magic that was animating him. Retaba the Navigator was no more.

Results:
    Langly - Ghost Pirate - root beered
    SLyM - Ghost Pirate - root beered
    jdarksun - Very Important Pirate Specializing in Treasure Hunting - attacked by ghost pirates
    Retaba - The Navigator - attacked by ghost pirates

PMs/Insults going out now.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    ba dum bum badum bum

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    For Your Reference, The Living

2. Kilnaga
    3. premium
    6. Mill
    8. I needed a name to post
    10. Anialos
    19. MikeyCTS

And PMs are out.

• Options
    So 5 pirates dead so I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that there's only one more left. With six people alive and two vote kills that means we should be able to make a fun little logic puzzle out of this.

Anialos is village. He called the kill on Langly and is one of the remaining players who was seered by Retaba.
    I am also village, having been seered by Retaba.

That leaves:

Kilnaga
    premium
    Mill
    MikeyCTS

Now, according to MikeyCTS, Mill is village. Mill agrees that the role Mikey claims was explained to him by Dumpshock. Presuming that there is only one mafia they cannot both be mafia, and as such Mill must not be mafia.

Leaving us with a short list of

premium
    Kilnaga
    MikeyCTS

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I talked to both Mill and Mikey seperately in PMs.
    Their story checks out, so unless we have a bigger than normal mafia, they're almost certainly legit.

• Options
    So if INANTP is legitimately seered then I'll go with Kilnaga & Kilnaga

• Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    premium wrote: »
    So if INANTP is legitimately seered then I'll go with Kilnaga & Kilnaga

premium & premium

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Mill has come to me via PM and confirmed Mikey's story. This leaves me to choose between Kilnaga and Premium. We have two votes. Kilnaga Premium Premium, if you are village, know that you only die for peace of mind.

• Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Speaking of peace of mind. If someone would be so kind as to agree with this post about the Unknown Armies Phalla that just ended that would be swell. You see, I was killed early in that one, and almost lost hope here. Then I had a revelation. Never give up, never surrender. You just might hit the mafia jackpot.

Anialos on
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    @Kilnaga @Anialos @Mill @I needed a name to post. @MikeyCTS @premium

If everyone gets their votes/actions in quickly here we can make hyper days until this over. Obviously two is the most we could have.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    Yeeees! Good aim, guys. Awesome.

Okay, so based on that we have one mafia left. That means that Kilnaga & [/b]Premium[/b]. Premium, I recognize that this is a bit of self-preservation on my part. I won't blame you for grudging me for this.

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • Options
    By the way folks, assuming the mafia still have two kills, the only way we can have a second day is by going hard on double-tapping someone with the vote.

I am not 100% willing to say that Mikey is not just a clever mafia who came up with a story early and stuck to his guns.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    erg... Premium because bbccode is hard.

• Options
    By the way folks, assuming the mafia still have two kills, the only way we can have a second day is by going hard on double-tapping someone with the vote.

I am not 100% willing to say that Mikey is not just a clever mafia who came up with a story early and stuck to his guns.

The best votes are me and kilnaga.
    Unless Mill was loose with his role name early on, I don't see how Mikey could be lying about what he told me.

• Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular

I'm not either. Might as well try and cover all the bases with the vote. Mikey CTS

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    So I feel bad doing this but Kilnaga & Premium are the only two players that could be mafia at this point. I'll apologize in advance to the one that isn't mafia, but really can't afford to let the mafia live another day. As for the mafioso, too bad, you'll take your rootbeer and you'll like it or you'll probably explode, which seems likely.

• Options
    @I needed a name to post.

And then after he votes, I'll give everyone 15 or so to change to their minds and post the Act 8 narration.

• Options
    Statistically speaking, Kilnaga and premium seem like the best options.

If we're wrong, well then someone either did something very clever or very silly.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Day will end at 1:23 unless someone has serious objections

• Options
    edited December 2012
    Act 8 - Pirate Victory!

On the final day of the crisis, the pirates were fairly certain they would be victorious. Only two suspects truly remained. premium and Kilnaga. premium was so eager to end things he nearly reached for the rootbeer and rope himself. Kilnaga tried to cast aspersions on MikeyCTS, but in the end the two of them ate the votes.

First, premium aka Meathook stepped forward, grabbed the voodoo root beer himself and sprayed it in his own chest. His tatoo complained vociferously, but he did not explode. The pirates shrugged, tied him to the keel of the Gilded Monkey and took off on a brief pleasure cruise. premium's sacrifice would long be remembered.

Then the pirates seized Kilnaga. While they were wrestling him towards the root beer, he broke free and quickly struck with his sword. First he struck down Anialos aka Cobb, The LOOM (TM) Guy. On the swing's follow through, he sliced the head of the parrot sitting on Cobb's shoulder clean off. That was the end of I needed a name to post. aka THE BEAST's short fowl life.

At this point it was fairly clear that Kilnaga was the last ghost pirate. This was only confirmed when he imploded when sprayed with the last bit of magic voodoo root.

The two survivors looked at each other. One had a very creepy, very excited look on his face. The other looked... well, she looked like this:

359px-Carla-oh_its_you-again.JPG

MikeyCTS aka the Shopkeeper leered at Mill aka Carla and said "so, we're the only two left on this island. Better get to repopulating, eh?"

Carla slapped him, saying "There's still the Fettucini Brothers."

Results:
    premium - Meathook - root beered and keelhauled
    Kilnaga - ghost pirate - root beered
    Anialos - Cobb, the LOOM (TM) Guy - attacked by ghost pirates
    I needed a name to post. - THE BEAST - attacked by ghost pirates

Survivors:
    MikeyCTS - the Shopkeeper
    Mill - Carla

PIRATE VICTORY!

(Did I let the pirate kills go through just for that ending? Maybe!)

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    LOGIC PUZZLES MOTHERFUCKERS

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Yay.

• Options
    Ahahaha, I'm fine with breaking OoA for an epic ending. So...the mafia was Langly, Kime, Kilnaga, SLyM, SeGaTai, and Phyphor. Surprised we pulled this one off. That's a pretty good team.

• Options
    So yeah, issues. The mafia ended up under powered. I badly overestimated how much people want to do something that is a 50/50 proposition that could lead towards your own death just because it was silly and ideally fun. I would have been firing off insults for fun, so I thought more people would. There were a total of...13 sent all game. Which means only one kill from there, so there weren't enough kills in the other parts of the game. So then I didn't want this to last for like a week and a half, thus the extra kills.

Sorry about that!

There were also too many seers or seer like objects. Mafia should have had two kills from the start, I think. Sorry mafia members!

• Options
    Oh, and @Kilnaga. I win this time my mortal enemy!

• Options
    edited December 2012
    Role PMs and Insult sword fighting results forthcoming.

@Langly was the grand champion, FWIW.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    Hey, I only lost a duel because I fought someone that couldn't lose =p.

• Options
    I can't believe that nobody tried to swordfight me even once throughout the entire game.

• Options
    i can't believe that i never had the option to

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Nobody challenged me either! @enlightenedbum How many people did my vote manip end up killing? I count Kime and SLyM.

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    No one tried to swordfight anyone.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    This was fun! Super excited to see.the swordfights

• Options
    Oh, I also could have just made swordfights anonymous. Should have, actually.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I challenged someone every night that i had arms!

• Options
    Yes! I lived. I get slapped in the face!

Thanks so much enlightenedbum for hosting. That ending is amazing.

• Options
    I challenged someone every night that i had arms!

Lucky you, starting the game with both arms and hands.

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    I'm sad that I didn't get to passively kill some with my power. I couldn't challenge people but I'd always in my challenges, even after some used their power to remove my hands. I was like the anti-Monty Python Black Knight, I didn't put myself in a position to annoy people and I could still kick their asses after losing all my limbs. :P

The ends is amusing, probably would have a better laugh, if I had played the games.

As for the insults, if you tried for them again, I'd probably do something where the mafia has to fire of a few to make sure they have a kill the next day (wouldn't matter if they won them or not). Do the something similar for the vig as well, maybe give her a mason buddy, same deal as the mafia, where they still get the kill even if they don't win the fight (I suggest a mason buddy so that you could bump them up to be able to lose 5 fights each before removal and that would give the combo 10 points to work with). In short make sure a few people had to do insults, but work it so that they were less likely to be screwed over if they lost than someone who didn't have to power something up with launching off insults.

Thanks for hosting this enlightenedbum. I'll be sure to pick up the game before the end of this year.

• Options
    edited December 2012
    Guybrush
    You are...

240px-Guybrush_Threepwood.png

Guybrush Threepwood!

Just some average dude in the Caribbean, you're on a quest to become a MIGHTY PIRATE, possibly fall in love, and defeat LeChuck. Unfortunately, you have no special traits besides a bizarre name, the ability to hold your breath for 10 minutes, and some disturbingly roomy pants.

Powers: Pirates kill by keelhauling. You can just hold your breath. You're immune to the vote the first time. The second time, they think better off it and just stab you. Pirates, you know?

Elaine
    You are...

250px-ElaineSMI.jpg

Elaine Marley!

You're the Governor of Melee Island and in charge of this group of pirates. You're an accomplished thief, politician, sword fighter, and general all around badass who is probably up to handling this ghost pirate problem all by yourself. Unfortunately, LeChuck has a thing for you and a hard time taking no for an answer...

Powers: Pirates bow before your authority just long enough for you to murder them. You're a vig! Try not to kill your plunder bunny, would you?

Carla
    You are...

Carla.jpg

Carla, the Master Swordfighter!

You're the best sword fighter on Melee Island. With access to insults no one has ever heard, you always keep the initiative with your sharp tongue and quick wit. Unfortunately, as the best, you are frequently challenged. It's become a hassle so you've moved to a cabin in the middle of the woods. Only the shopkeeper knows where you live, but he has a crush on you and is easily followed when he comes to visit.

Powers: You're unbeatable in a swordfight, but your reclusiveness prevents you from challenging anyone. Anyone who insults you will automatically lose.

Meathook
    You are...

Meathook_SE.jpg

Meathook!

You're a formerly mighty pirate who ran into a fearsome beast who attacked you and ate both of your hands before you subdue and cage it. Now you have two hooks for hands and a tatoo on your chest you've learned to animate by flexing your massive pecs. Well done.

Powers: Hey, that tatoo is talking! It gets a vote too! Your lack of a sword arm prevents you from insult sword fighting though.

THE BEAST
    You are...

58-somi_672.gif

A FEARSOME BEAST!

OK, you're a parrot. But a really vicious one. Seriously, don't fuck with this parrot.

Powers: You have a particular taste for human flesh. And go for the hands. Once per night you can target a player and bite off both hands, preventing that player from any future insult sword fighting. Of course, you have no sword hand, so cannot challenge people yourself.

Shopkeeper
    You are...

Shopkeeper.jpg

The Shopkeeper!

You own the general store here on Melee Island. You sell swords, shovels, mints, pretty much everything. You also hand out lines of credit to those worthy of it. You have a terrible crush on Carla, the Master Sword Fighter, but she kind of hates you.

Powers: Carla is Mill. You lose if she dies. Or if you contact her. (No PMs). You'll absorb the first hit on her though.

Otis
    You are...

1642159-otis.gif

Otis!

You're a prisoner after attempting to pick some yellow flowers in the forest. Fester Shinetop doesn't take too kindly to those who break that particular rule. Your breath stinks because you've resorted to eating rats.

Powers: Once per night, target a person you want to have visit you in prison. They'll forget to vote that night.

A Citizen of Melee Island (the Map Salesman)
    You are...

200px-Treasure_map.jpg

A Citizen of Melee Island!

You sell treasure maps. That looks like dance instructions, but it's a treasure map, you swear. To the legendary treasure of Melee Island! DO THE MONKEY!

Powers: Once per night, target a person you'd like to send on a wild goose chase after your "treasure." They won't perform their action. Cannot be used on the same target twice during the game.

Stan!
    You are...

stan.gif

Stan!

You sell used boats. You're basically a flim flam artist who's not really interested in the ghost pirate menace. You just want to make money. Preferably without selling an actual product. Or at least, not permanently.

Powers: Once per night, target a player to be persuaded to purchase a ship from Stan's Used Ships. They'll sail off in their new ship, you'll emerge from your hiding place beneath decks, murder them and sail back into harbor with your ship.

Victory Condition: Be the last man standing. The Village cannot win with you alive.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    I thought my power was super lame at the beginning, but oh how wrong I was. Thanks for hosting @enlightenedbum!