As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Diane, I made a Twin Peaks thread

ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2lkvrMa27c

so I started watching this show

just finished episode 2

my thoughts so far:
agent cooper is cool, bobby is an asshole, so is trucker guy

why did they hide the necklace teenagers are idiots oh they marked it with a stone i wonder if someone will find it oops someone did the creepy doctor guy

WHAT DOES THE LOG KNOW?

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    bobby and leo continue to be shitbags forever

season 2 goes goddamn crazy

I only have 2 or 3 episodes left and it is REAL

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I should watch this show again. I watched it when it was new on TV but I was really too young to understand any of it.

• Options
    B_RB_R Registered User regular
    Best thing Lynch has ever done.
    In my opinion

• Options
    also besides coop, major brigs is my favorite character

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Agent Cooper is one of my favorite characters in media.

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    Short stack of griddle cakes, melted butter, maple syrup lightly heated, slice of ham. Nothing beats the taste sensation when maple syrup collides with ham.

• Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
  • Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    The owls are not what they seem

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    that gum you like is going to come back in style

• Options
    -smash-smash Registered User regular
    Fire walk with me

• Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    Oh, hey. What's up, thread?

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Damn fine cup of coffee

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    B_R wrote: »
    Best thing Lynch has ever done.
    In my opinion
    No, mine.

edit: shit, my bad

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    B_RB_R Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Whoa Joe, spoilers???

B_R on
  • Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »

Eh. Neither of them stays the same kind of person throughout the show. They're definitely never actually good people, though.

• Options

Eh. Neither of them stays the same kind of person throughout the show. They're definitely never actually good people, though.

bobby arguably gets worse as a person

leo gets comeuppance in a completely fucked up way but still remains a shitty individual

• Options

leo gets comeuppance in a completely fucked up way but still remains a shitty individual

Bobby
    has his status as king shit of high school coke mountain trashed pretty much day one into the show. He gets out in the real world, finds out he doesn't amount to shit, and has to deal with that. He's definitely a bitter snot toward Leo while they're taking care of him and a calculating but ineffectual douchebag when trying to set up deals with Benjamin Horne, but he has these kind of inept epiphanies about his relationships with his father and Shelly.

Leo
    isn't even really a person for most of the second season. I don't think he's a changed person or anything. He's just this fucked up zombie thing that doesn't even really qualify as operating under his own motivations. I mean, there's a bit of him left in there, but you said you weren't at the end yet, so I won't say anything else.

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    WHO WANTS TO HAVE A NIGHTMARE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B5pE1DEHyk

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    HOW'S ANNIE
    As far as the last image to a series is concerned, this show was off the goddamn rails.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options

Bobby
    has his status as king shit of high school coke mountain trashed pretty much day one into the show. He gets out in the real world, finds out he doesn't amount to shit, and has to deal with that. He's definitely a bitter snot toward Leo while they're taking care of him and a calculating but ineffectual douchebag when trying to set up deals with Benjamin Horne, but he has these kind of inept epiphanies about his relationships with his father and Shelly.

Leo
    isn't even really a person for most of the second season. I don't think he's a changed person or anything. He's just this fucked up zombie thing that doesn't even really qualify as operating under his own motivations. I mean, there's a bit of him left in there, but you said you weren't at the end yet, so I won't say anything else.
    bobby
    bobby kinda just becomes this embodiment of greed and kinda manipulates shelly and everyone around him except audrey because she sees through all the bullshit, his only real glimpse of redemption is with his father but after he has the talk with his mom I haven't really seen anything else about it
    lwo
    and yeah I can see that with leo, but when he actually starts to do things again he still acts awful and weak
    when earl tells him to get the bolt to kill the roadie guy he initially refuses but then capitulates
    he hasn't even tried to escape from earl yet but yeah it might change so I dunno

• Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    They shot a lot of that show around here.

One day my older brother, who was a big fan of the show, was riding the bus to work.

A guy gets on at a stop and sits down next to him.

It's Bob.

You know. This guy.

TwinPeaksBob.jpg

My brother was just reading his book, then happened to look over and realize who it was.

Scared the living shit out of him.

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    A couple of weeks back I processed a report from a David Lynch from Oceanside, California. It has his address and phone number on it. I've been having a real crisis about breaking my contract and calling him, just to see if it's THE David Lynch.

• Options
    Brian KrakowBrian Krakow Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    jgeis wrote: »
    A couple of weeks back I processed a report from a David Lynch from Oceanside, California. It has his address and phone number on it. I've been having a real crisis about breaking my contract and calling him, just to see if it's THE David Lynch.

Give the address to me, I'll go stake the house out.

Brian Krakow on
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    I am going to watch this show

I will

I will

I will

maybe

• Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    I watched like a half episode of this

I keep thinking I should love his work from what I've heard, but I still haven't seen any of it at all

• Options
    MachwingMachwing It looks like a harmless old computer, doesn't it? Left in this cave to rot ... or to flower!Registered User regular
    Note: Lynch only directed like six episodes, and I think they were all in the first season

l3icwZV.png
  • Options
    It's well worth watching! Not even particularly long, either, two seasons.

If anything, it was less weird than I'd been expecting. From everything I'd heard I kept expecting it to go straight to "what the fuck" crazytown and defy all explanation, but aside from the dream sequences it's pretty easy to follow.

For some reason I'd never connected Kyle MacLachlan to Dune until someone posted that re-dub video a while ago and my immediate reaction was hey that's Cooper!

• Options
    Machwing wrote: »
    Note: Lynch only directed like six episodes, and I think they were all in the first season

he co-directed a lot more

• Options
    -smash wrote: »
    It's well worth watching! Not even particularly long, either, two seasons.

If anything, it was less weird than I'd been expecting. From everything I'd heard I kept expecting it to go straight to "what the fuck" crazytown and defy all explanation, but aside from the dream sequences it's pretty easy to follow.

For some reason I'd never connected Kyle MacLachlan to Dune until someone posted that re-dub video a while ago and my immediate reaction was hey that's Cooper!

put yor goddam 'and in tha goddam box'a pain

• Options
    MachwingMachwing It looks like a harmless old computer, doesn't it? Left in this cave to rot ... or to flower!Registered User regular
    Be cool, gurney

l3icwZV.png
  • Options
    The twin peaks movie is so great. Actually, every david lynch movie, with the exception of the straight story, is fantastic

l3icwZV.png
  • Options

I'm pretty sure he directed more in the second season than the first, but yeah, only six or so total. But it's television. His role as a producer clearly bore out more influence than the handful he directly wrote or directed.

• Options
    The Straight Story is pretty good.

• Options
    jippeejippee Registered User regular
    sphth, new shoes.

Nellie the elephant packed her trunk
    and trundled off to the jungle
    off she rode with a trumpety trump
    trump trump trump

• Options
    101101 Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    I thought I'd give this a try, and so far it is so fucking weird

but I like it. And I love Agent Cooper. Dude is delightfully wacky.

e: end of episode 3

I

what

101 on
  • Options
    The twin peaks movie is so great. Actually, every david lynch movie, with the exception of the straight story, is fantastic

Was it good?

I was eyeing it after we finished the series and had heard mixed things about the movie, so we ended up not watching it.

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    I still haven't seen the movie. I need to get on that. But all I need to know is if it has cream corn in it?

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Mulholland Drive got me through many a lonely night.

• Options

he co-directed a lot more

also lynch is such an insane perfectionist that him not officially directing that many doesn't mean much

• Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    Bboys.jpg
    Be cool, gurney

Welcome to Larrytown.

58pwo4vxupcr.png