As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Good wireless mouse/keyboard combos

GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what?Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
Help me PA. I need a decent wireless mouse/keyboard combo, Bluetooth preferred. It will be used with my MacBook Air (which via the magic of mini-display -> HDMI, I use as an HTPC) and my PS3. They don't need to be "gaming grade", just decent. Preferably ones that won't run through batteries like they are water. Heck, rechargeable would be a huge plus.

I know some of you have setups that require wireless peripherals, so lay some knowledge on me.

Sagroth wrote: »
Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling

• Options
    Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    the newer logitechs are bluetooth and incredibly nice on batteries like the MK520. The USB dongle is miniscule and won't take up any other ports.

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Errr, I shouldn't need a dongle if it's Bluetooth. I should just be able to tether them to the devices and just have them work. I don't see Bluetooth mentioned anywhere on the MK520 page.

Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    Does the PS3 work with usb-dongle mice and keyboards?
    I'm looking for the same thing.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    I have no idea. My guess is "yes", because everything else I've ever plugged in to the PS3's USB ports has worked.

My issue is that I would need to buy two dongles, because I don't want to get up and swap the dongle between my MacBook Air and my PS3 all the time. Which is why I was hoping for Bluetooth.

• Options
    So this is Logitechs Bluetooth offering:

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/cordless-desktop-mx-5500-revolution?crid=27

The MX5550, which is basically the MX Revolution Bluetooth version with that keyboard. It looks like a nice set, but it's expensive, and it looks kind of big, which is disappointing for living room use. The reviews are pretty good.

I'll keep looking, but this is what's on my radar right now.

• Options
    keep us posted. are there lapboards? Like that Phantom thing?

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Hmm, I really like the size and look of this for living room use:

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/bluetooth-illuminated-keyboard-k810?crid=26

I'm not going to be tying an essay on it, it's for web searches, typing short messages to friend, and possibly for use with DCU Online on my PS3 (again, short messages).

Going to look at some reviews of that board.

e: Amazon has that board for 79.99, and it has 4.5 stars...hmm. This seems like a much more appealing option, and I'll just buy a separate bluetooth mouse.

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Bluetooth-Illuminated-Keyboard-Smartphones/dp/B0099SMFVQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1357249618&sr=8-1&keywords=logitech+k810

e2: The single button tether switch is super nice too, so I can tether it to both the PS3 and the MacBook and just switch it be pressing a button, plus it's rechargeable via USB. I am very heavily leaning towards this now.

GnomeTank on
  • Options
    and it looks good to boot

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    WezoinWezoin Registered User regular
    Alternately: Apple magic mouse/keyboard. Bluetooth, should work with ps3, small and durable.

• Options
    Apple keyboards are decent, but that mouse is... oh well.

camo_sig2.png