As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Rock Band]: 4 has been announced! Out this year!

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Aren't RB controllers connected to the PS3 via dongles? They may indeed be different than DualShock controllers.

Even then, however, the problem is kind of whether or not the PS4 would run Rock Band at all. If it doesn't, then it hardly matters if the console can see the peripherals.

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    It doesn't. PS4 can't run PS3 games so the point is moot.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Well, technically it doesn't yet. Granted, it probably won't. But considering some of the lolworthy crap going on with SONY and the PS4, they may add it in. Somehow.

Safe bet is to just accept that PS3 games won't play on it.

• Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Just like the Dreamcast wasn't supposed to play PS1 games. ;)

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Well, technically it doesn't yet. Granted, it probably won't. But considering some of the lolworthy crap going on with SONY and the PS4, they may add it in. Somehow.

Safe bet is to just accept that PS3 games won't play on it.

Unfortunately the safer bet is that we won't get any more Rock Band games at all.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Yeah, you'd never convince retailers to devote that much retail space to plastic instruments again.

• Options
    Yeah, you'd never convince retailers to devote that much retail space to plastic instruments again.

Especially after several years of analysts/game journalists/etc. announcing from the rooftops "WELP LOOKS LIKE THE PLASTIC INSTRUMENT GENRE'S FINISHED."

I guess we can't even count on Blitz keeping the seat warm, since the end to DLC and the parceling of Blitz songs as DLC indicates to me that it sold like ass.

• Options
    espherespher NB, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    I guess we can't even count on Blitz keeping the seat warm, since the end to DLC and the parceling of Blitz songs as DLC indicates to me that it sold like ass.

I'm not sure if you caught the livestream after they announced the end of RB DLC, but let's just say that they more or less said without saying that Blitz sold like ass. I think at one point Aaron said something like "everyone in the chat bought Blitz" as a response to one of John's comments, to which John made some offhand comment about how there were more people in the chat than purchasers of RBB (which I hope was hyperbole), though I might have who-said-what reversed. Either way they definitely gave the impression it bombed hard (and to not expect a sequel in the near future).

espher on
    Project Lead for the Rock Band: Harmonies Project
  • Options
    espher wrote: »
    cloudeagle wrote: »

I'm not sure if you caught the livestream after they announced the end of RB DLC, but let's just say that they more or less said without saying that Blitz sold like ass. I think at one point Aaron said something like "everyone in the chat bought Blitz" as a response to one of John's comments, to which John made some offhand comment about how there were more people in the chat than purchasers of RBB (which I hope was hyperbole), though I might have who-said-what reversed. Either way they definitely gave the impression it bombed hard (and to not expect a sequel in the near future).

Ugh.

• Options
    Which is a damn shame, cause Blitz is awesome.

• Options
    Which is a damn shame, cause Blitz is awesome.

Yep.

• Options
    Meh. I bought it when it whet 50% off just for the songs.

Then they start releasing the songs for sale...

I don't regret buying it, but I haven't played it yet and have no plans for any foreseeable future.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Blitz is ok but it's basically a top score rhythm arcade game and those just don't hold my attention for long.

• Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I will admit my affinity for Blitz is probably a bit rare.

Every couple of months I figure out something new and it's like "welp, now I have to go try that with songs I already did"

• Options
    I like Blitz a lot but I don't have the time to devote to destroying Fyre's scores and usually if I am playing Rock Band there are others that want to play.

• Options
    edited February 2013
    Also that.. the only RB instrument I have is drums. Which means for me to play RB3 right now I have to be in the mood for drums and it has to be somewhere between 11am and 8pm so people don't get pissed off.

So Blitz gets focused on also because I still don't have a 5-lanetar to play with up here.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    EndaroEndaro Registered User regular
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    Also that.. the only RB instrument I have is drums. Which means for me to play RB3 right now I have to be in the mood for drums and it has to be somewhere between 11am and 8pm so people don't get pissed off.

So Blitz gets focused on also because I still don't have a 5-lanetar to play with up here.

That explains why I am destroying all your Bass scores.

• Options
    Endaro wrote: »
    FyreWulff wrote: »

That explains why I am destroying all your Bass scores.

Did you plug in your Xbox?

Then you're beating his bass scores.

• Options
    I had a power surge recently and all my bass scores just filled up with low numbers but the game told me I was beating Fyre's bass scores.

Also, I'm currently formatting my new flash drive to give the RBHP a run in a few days.

• Options
    JRoseyJRosey Registered User regular
    I desperately tried to get RBHP running but I am not a console-hacking wizard and I failed after about 4 hours. I want it more than anything, though, so if you get it working lemme know what dark secrets you invoked.

• Options
    Well first, you have to beat FyreWulff's bass scores.

• Options
    sir_pinch-a-loafsir_pinch-a-loaf #YODORegistered User regular
    Hey gang,

On March 5th, tracks previously available as part of Rock Band Blitz will be made available for download as singles in the Rock Band Music Store! These tracks include All-American Rejects’ “Kids in the Street,” Blink-182’s “Always,” and Red Hot Chili Peppers’ “Give It Away.” An optional Pro Guitar and Pro Bass upgrade will be available for “Give It Away”!

Players can still pick up the controller-based arcade rhythm action of Rock Band Blitz on PlayStation®Network for $14.99 and Xbox LIVE Arcade for 1200 Microsoft Points™. Rock Band Blitz comes with the above songs, along with 23 more hit tracks, all fully compatible with a full band and instruments in Rock Band 3!

Available on Xbox 360, Wii, and PlayStation®3 system (March 5th, 2013):

• All-American Rejects – “Kids in the Street” O

• Blink-182 – “Always” O

• Red Hot Chili Peppers – “Give It Away” O X

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system March 6th)

Price:

$1.99 USD, £1.19 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points ™, 200 Wii Points™) per song

$0.99 USD (80 Microsoft Points™, 100 Wii Points™), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

Tracks marked with “O” feature support for keyboards; tracks marked with “X” will offer Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

** Dates and Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Aww goddammit I thought they already had released all of 'em. Was this the last week?

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
  • Options
    Still one more to go w/:

Shout
    Jungle Boogie
    Diamond Eyes

• Options
    EndaroEndaro Registered User regular
    Well first, you have to beat FyreWulff's bass scores.

If in doubt...

• Options
    Those who can, do.
    Those who can't, teach.
    Those who can't teach, beat FyreWulff's bass scores.

• Options
    The weekly HMX newsletter included a giveaway to win a code for the recent Aerosmith DLC, by the way. I recommend entering it. Future DLC announcements will also be doing the same thing, so they have Rock Band stuff to do after they stop releasing new DLC.

• Options
    JRosey wrote: »
    I desperately tried to get RBHP running but I am not a console-hacking wizard and I failed after about 4 hours. I want it more than anything, though, so if you get it working lemme know what dark secrets you invoked.

You can always try the pre-built song caches, or you can send an e-mail to the project e-mail and I'll try to do some troubleshooting with you. :)

• Options
    JRosey wrote: »

You can always try the pre-built song caches, or you can send an e-mail to the project e-mail and I'll try to do some troubleshooting with you. :)

I tried the automatic steps and the problem I kept running into is that formatting my flash drive (32gb) means there isn't enough space for the cache and the other files. I think I might have to do the manual way.

• Options
    Arikado wrote: »
    I tried the automatic steps and the problem I kept running into is that formatting my flash drive (32gb) means there isn't enough space for the cache and the other files. I think I might have to do the manual way.

Well, if you're using the pre-built cache, you're only adding a couple of MB worth of files. What steps are you taking?

• Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    From what I read, it doesn't look like you need to transfer over all the DLC you have to a new hard drive. You basically just have to trick the game into using the modified song cache. Is that it?? Or am I underestimating the process??

Also, will doing it the quick way you describe causes me to lose all my scores?? I am interested in giving it a try, but not too keen if it means me losing all my Pro Drum scores.

quovadis13 on
  • Options
    quovadis13 wrote: »
    From what I read, it doesn't look like you need to transfer over all the DLC you have to a new hard drive. You basically just have to trick the game into using the modified song cache. Is that it?? Or am I underestimating the process??

Also, will doing it the quick way you describe causes me to lose all my scores?? I am interested in giving it a try, but not too keen if it means me losing all my Pro Drum scores.

If you're using the pre-built caches, you don't need to transfer your DLC to a new drive -- you more or less just replace your cache with the new one, and then the build adds in all your other songs. If you're using the quick method, you just need to detach whichever device holds your DLC (hard drive or USB drive or whatever) while you're building. Both of these will erase your offline scores -- online scores still remain. The only time you need to start moving DLC around is when you're trying to keep your offline scores, and that's more or less just because you need to take them out of the picture to trick the game.

• Options
    edited March 2013

Well, if you're using the pre-built cache, you're only adding a couple of MB worth of files. What steps are you taking?

All I did was move the title update onto the formatted 32gb flash drive. My flash drive now says it has 688K free. That's where I keep getting stuck.

Arikado on
  • Options
    All I did was move the title update onto the formatted 32gb flash drive. My flash drive now says it has 688K free. That's where I keep getting stuck.

If it's a 32 GB drive and all you have on it is the Title Update, you should have about 31.995 GB free. I'd try formatting your drive again -- you did format it with the Xbox 360, correct?

• Options

If it's a 32 GB drive and all you have on it is the Title Update, you should have about 31.995 GB free. I'd try formatting your drive again -- you did format it with the Xbox 360, correct?

Yep. I'll give it another shot tomorrow.

• Options

Yeah, the Title Update is only about five MB in size, so it's really odd that it'd be showing as having that much space taken...

• Options
    edited March 2013
    It's time to stream some late night protar

-stream over-

edit: if someone wants to join me, that'd be cool (and also remember to turn on individual track speeds)

edit2: dammmn i'm rusty

FyreWulff on
  • Options

Yeah, the Title Update is only about five MB in size, so it's really odd that it'd be showing as having that much space taken...

I format the flash drive, move the TU and hook it up to my PC, I see a hidden folder in there called Xbox and it has a bunch of files called Data0001 through Data0031 and these take up 29.7gb of the flash drive which leaves 688k left.

• Options
    edited March 2013
    I format the flash drive, move the TU and hook it up to my PC, I see a hidden folder in there called Xbox and it has a bunch of files called Data0001 through Data0031 and these take up 29.7gb of the flash drive which leaves 688k left.

Oh, I think I see what's happening here. The Xbox "reserves" all that space with dummy, "empty" files. If you want to add stuff to it you need to either use the 360 or (as we have to do with this project) use file management software like Party Buffalo, Horizon, Modio, or whatever else is kicking around out there. You can't drag and drop the files using Windows Explorer or w/e. The 360 has its own file/folder structure.

espher on