Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

The Voyage [chat]

JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp.I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
«134567100

Posts

  • JokermanJokerman Registered User regular
    I'll never know the taste of another [chat] op again....

  • ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Repoast:
    ronya wrote: »
    @feral @spacekungfuman

    I think you might find this amusing

    so the singapore anti-corruption bureau tried to nail down a senior civil servant for receiving oral sex in exchange for business favours

    in singapore law, it's not necessary to prove, in corruption cases, that any favours were actually given. if it is proven that there was some unexplained 'gift', the onus is on the defendant to prove that it was a legit gift and not a bribe: there is a presumption of guilt, not innocence. this is a longstanding legal standard created to fight guanxi networks in the old days

    but

    their main witness changed her story on the stand to that the senior civil servant forced her to give him oral sex

    whoops, now it's assault instead of corruption, and a much higher standard of evidence is required! And, you know, what with changing her story and all, the witness is unreliable. Out the case goes!

    they couldn't get him for assault either, even though it has to be one or the other, either he forced himself on her or he didn't :rotate:

    ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • wanderingwandering Registered User regular
    DrcwsUy.jpg?1

    CambiataHonkTamin
  • simonwolfsimonwolf there was a silence you took to mean somethingRegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Our bearings are on Cair Paravel

    simonwolf on
    Cambiata
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Those were my covers for Narnia.

    Good times.

    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
    Cambiata
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray the swamp, always the swampRegistered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    Repoast:
    ronya wrote: »

    I think you might find this amusing

    so the singapore anti-corruption bureau tried to nail down a senior civil servant for receiving oral sex in exchange for business favours

    in singapore law, it's not necessary to prove, in corruption cases, that any favours were actually given. if it is proven that there was some unexplained 'gift', the onus is on the defendant to prove that it was a legit gift and not a bribe: there is a presumption of guilt, not innocence. this is a longstanding legal standard created to fight guangxi networks in the old days

    but

    their main witness changed her story on the stand to that the senior civil servant forced her to give him oral sex

    whoops, now it's assault instead of corruption, and a much higher standard of evidence is required! And, you know, what with changing her story and all, the witness is unreliable. Out the case goes!

    they couldn't get him for assault either, even though it has to be one or the other, either he forced himself or her or he didn't :rotate:

    Isnt that the thing though? The witness has proven to be unreliable, so what proof is there that she isn't lying again?

    Elendil wrote: »
    said Aldo hazily, before clop-clop-clopping out of the room
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    my teacher read us "voyage of the dawn treader" in the 4th grade

    i shouted "gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay" and went to go hit on 5th grade girls

    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    Evil Multifarious
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    wandering wrote: »
    DrcwsUy.jpg?1

    That ship looks unseaworthy. Luckily the Maritime Authority inspectors seem to have grown some real teeth

    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
    ronyaAldoDeebaser
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Aldo wrote: »
    ronya wrote: »
    Repoast:
    ronya wrote: »

    I think you might find this amusing

    so the singapore anti-corruption bureau tried to nail down a senior civil servant for receiving oral sex in exchange for business favours

    in singapore law, it's not necessary to prove, in corruption cases, that any favours were actually given. if it is proven that there was some unexplained 'gift', the onus is on the defendant to prove that it was a legit gift and not a bribe: there is a presumption of guilt, not innocence. this is a longstanding legal standard created to fight guangxi networks in the old days

    but

    their main witness changed her story on the stand to that the senior civil servant forced her to give him oral sex

    whoops, now it's assault instead of corruption, and a much higher standard of evidence is required! And, you know, what with changing her story and all, the witness is unreliable. Out the case goes!

    they couldn't get him for assault either, even though it has to be one or the other, either he forced himself or her or he didn't :rotate:

    Isnt that the thing though? The witness has proven to be unreliable, so what proof is there that she isn't lying again?

    she worked for a company that could potentially have received favours that the civil servant was in a position to grant

    so if the sex was voluntary, then it was corruption under singapore law; if it wasn't voluntary, then it was assault. well, it has to be one of them. but the prosecution can't prove which one it is, and the usual elevated standard in corruption doesn't even help

    ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    Kalkino wrote: »
    wandering wrote: »
    DrcwsUy.jpg?1

    That ship looks unseaworthy. Luckily the Maritime Authority inspectors seem to have grown some real teeth

    Obama

    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
    Kalkino
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    Kalkino wrote: »
    wandering wrote: »
    DrcwsUy.jpg?1

    That ship looks unseaworthy. Luckily the Maritime Authority inspectors seem to have grown some real teeth

    Obama

    I'm picturing the Evil Wizard from the Kate Beaton Pony comics.

  • CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    morning [chat] peeps

    i write amazing erotic fiction

    its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    Winky wrote: »
    Corgis are totally the white people of dogs
  • simonwolfsimonwolf there was a silence you took to mean somethingRegistered User regular
    Hey Casual

    Looks like my kids' comics are going to be put up on Nedroid's website/tumblr, which is kind of neat!

    RMS OceanicCasualRear Admiral Choco
  • CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    last month i had 4 badgers

    this month i have 10

    i wonder what the future holds for my badger collection?

    i write amazing erotic fiction

    its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    Winky wrote: »
    Corgis are totally the white people of dogs
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo But do you really believe him? Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »
    last month i had 4 badgers

    this month i have 10

    i wonder what the future holds for my badger collection?

    Mushroom. Mushroom.

    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
    Honk
  • CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Casual wrote: »
    last month i had 4 badgers

    this month i have 10

    i wonder what the future holds for my badger collection?

    Mushroom. Mushroom.

    snaaaaake!!! snaaaaaake!!!

    i write amazing erotic fiction

    its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    Winky wrote: »
    Corgis are totally the white people of dogs
    Honk
  • MrMisterMrMister A pup must first get in the water to be successful as a seal!Registered User regular
    [img][/img]
    Casual wrote: »
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Casual wrote: »
    last month i had 4 badgers

    this month i have 10

    i wonder what the future holds for my badger collection?

    Mushroom. Mushroom.

    snaaaaake!!! snaaaaaake!!!

    <3

  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    That EU adulteration thread sure became a thing it didn't have to

    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    there's an EU thread?

    i write amazing erotic fiction

    its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    Winky wrote: »
    Corgis are totally the white people of dogs
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Kalkino wrote: »
    That EU adulteration thread sure became a thing it didn't have to

    ?

  • JokermanJokerman Registered User regular
    Thinking of going to short hair, y\n?

  • TavTav Registered User regular
    Jokerman wrote: »
    Thinking of going to short hair, y\n?

    I'm getting a haircut this morning. Am terrified.

  • JokermanJokerman Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    Jokerman wrote: »
    Thinking of going to short hair, y\n?

    I'm getting a haircut this morning. Am terrified.

    You must not fear. Fear is the mindkiller.

    MrMister
  • simonwolfsimonwolf there was a silence you took to mean somethingRegistered User regular
    Short hair is the best

    Casual
  • JokermanJokerman Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Short hair is the best

    am i a douchebag if i ask for a Ryan gosling do?

  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Jokerman wrote: »
    Thinking of going to short hair, y\n?

    Y. Save valuable combing time!

  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Jokerman wrote: »
    Thinking of going to short hair, y\n?

    Y. Save valuable combing time!

    But it's cold outside.

  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Kalkino wrote: »
    That EU adulteration thread sure became a thing it didn't have to

    ?

    Should have included the word "food"

    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • simonwolfsimonwolf there was a silence you took to mean somethingRegistered User regular
    Jokerman wrote: »
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Short hair is the best

    am i a douchebag if i ask for a Ryan gosling do?

    Only if you rock up in a white jacket with a scorpion on the back and a toothpick in your mouth

  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray the swamp, always the swampRegistered User regular
    Jokerman wrote: »
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Short hair is the best

    am i a douchebag if i ask for a Ryan gosling do?

    Celebrity hair styles are super tricky, because they normally complement the do with a buff body and a pleasant face.

    Elendil wrote: »
    said Aldo hazily, before clop-clop-clopping out of the room
    Casual
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Kalkino wrote: »
    Kalkino wrote: »
    That EU adulteration thread sure became a thing it didn't have to

    ?

    Should have included the word "food"

    Oh, Horse-not-gate.

    Kalkino
  • JokermanJokerman Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Jokerman wrote: »
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Short hair is the best

    am i a douchebag if i ask for a Ryan gosling do?

    Only if you rock up in a white jacket with a scorpion on the back and a toothpick in your mouth

    What? i don't know what you're talking about.

    /hides fingerless gloves and sunglasses.

    Rear Admiral Choco
  • simonwolfsimonwolf there was a silence you took to mean somethingRegistered User regular
    I've never asked for a celebrity hairstyle, since my hair is essentially very tight curls that are extremely difficult to do anything with once they get beyond a certain length

    hence why my hairstyle ever since my experimental early uni days has been "just cut it short, slightly shorter on the sides, and I'll manage"

  • BobCescaBobCesca Registered User regular
    Marking student work is perhaps the most bring thing ever.

  • CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Aldo wrote: »
    Jokerman wrote: »
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Short hair is the best

    am i a douchebag if i ask for a Ryan gosling do?

    Celebrity hair styles are super tricky, because they normally complement the do with a buff body and a pleasant face.

    this

    not to mention the fact that most celebrities won't go within ten feet of a camera without spending an hour or two in the hands of a team of professionals who are dedicated to making them look not shit

    hence it's dumb that their appearences are treated as an attainable standard for regular people

    i write amazing erotic fiction

    its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    Winky wrote: »
    Corgis are totally the white people of dogs
  • JokermanJokerman Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »
    Aldo wrote: »
    Jokerman wrote: »
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Short hair is the best

    am i a douchebag if i ask for a Ryan gosling do?

    Celebrity hair styles are super tricky, because they normally complement the do with a buff body and a pleasant face.

    this

    not to mention the fact that most celebrities won't go within ten feet of a camera without spending an hour or two in the hands of a team of professionals who are dedicated to making them look not shit

    hence it's dumb that their appearences are treated as an attainable standard for regular people

    Which is why I like this haircut. It's nice. Simple. not too crazy.

  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    The only good use of the -gate suffix I've seen outside Watergate itself was a scandal about the process of women being impregnanted with other couple's embryos: Surro-gate.

    ronyaKalkinoRear Admiral Choco
  • MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Goodnight people of [chat]

    Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
    Kalkino
  • wanderingwandering Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    I've never asked for a celebrity hairstyle, since my hair is essentially very tight curls that are extremely difficult to do anything with once they get beyond a certain length

    hence why my hairstyle ever since my experimental early uni days has been "just cut it short, slightly shorter on the sides, and I'll manage"
    "give me the Jesse Eisenberg"

  • simonwolfsimonwolf there was a silence you took to mean somethingRegistered User regular
    wandering wrote: »
    simonwolf wrote: »
    I've never asked for a celebrity hairstyle, since my hair is essentially very tight curls that are extremely difficult to do anything with once they get beyond a certain length

    hence why my hairstyle ever since my experimental early uni days has been "just cut it short, slightly shorter on the sides, and I'll manage"
    "give me the Jesse Eisenberg"

    Man, I wish I looked as good as that guy

«134567100
This discussion has been closed.