As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MiniPhalla] Dungeon Crawl: Skywind Manor - GAME OVER! FLAWLESS POSSESSED VICTORY (and IW)

1262728293032»

• Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    Merchant trades could be end-of-day and come after the vote in the OoO. Prevents spite selling.

• Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    But then you wouldn't have gotten a mana potion that night!

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure with the super majority, in most cases that shouldn't be an issue, but it doesn't hurt to have a fail safe in the event that a network call for the neutrals' heads isn't enough get the super majority. Villagers being inactive, plus unintentional or intentional mafia inactivity could create such a clusterfuck for the village, once the player pool hits a certain level. Merchants certainly aren't going to vote for one another.

As for you point about village offensive power. You are correct we had other action choices, which was a good thing IMO, trigger happy villagers don't do well. I'm taking a guess that this game was also balanced around the idea of people getting progressively more powerful, while the player pool decreased. So this village probably had less firepower put together if everyone decided to nuke a target and doing so would come at the expense of things that could have been useful. If the merchants are made tanky enough to minimize mafia strong arm tactics, I'm not sure if the village would have had the fire power if they all decided to hit a single merchant on day one with attacks.

On the note of this being a main. Not sure if it would be better to increase the number of merchants, maybe one or two more or if they should get a bigger inventory. Also something worth considering with monster drops, a minimum of two would probably work fine in a mini but that's probably not adequate for a main.

• Options
    Edit: If you really want to keep a secondary vote, making it shared with some kind of thing that can benefit the village may work out.

Something like Tonight, vote in darkorchid for one of the following

1. Search for Secret Doors (some sort of random beneficial effect)
    2. Utilize something discovered in the current part of the dungeon (could change day to day, for example an alchemist's lab found could be used to add potions to the public stash)
    3. Kick out the merchants

and so on and so forth
    I like this idea so much.

Currently Playing:
  • Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    I'm really glad someone who's not me is thinking about this kind of stuff, because I of course would have had no problem being an invincible Warlord King Maker. Certainly it's important to find ways of making the merchants more resilient in the face of threats from the mafia or SKs, but I agree that it should not cause a crisis if the village decides for some reason to censure the merchants.

I find one of the great things with phalla is that after awhile one gets more in tune with looking at roles from multiple angles. Once you get use to not picking your role in the majority of games and the few where you get a choice, it seems most of the specifics are an unknown when you sign up. You tend to develop a vested interest in things being more balanced since you don't want to go up against OP roles or be gimped by an UP role.

It certainly isn't going to make one perfect, since people will still have some bias and I know I will occasionally come out of a game being a little more biased towards a faction than I normally would. Winning is fun, losing is a bummer and ones enjoyment of the game can greatly magnify or diminish how one feels after winning or losing (if it was fun, losing ain't that bad. If it sucked, well even winning could end up being a "I won, I guess that was cool, not really sure since this game was kind of meh).

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    There is no worse feeling in the world than watching the creation you worked hard on turn into Immortal Prince Langly.

Still bums me out.

• Options
    OminousLozengeOminousLozenge Registered User regular
    Assuran wrote: »
    There is no worse feeling in the world than watching the creation you worked hard on turn into Immortal Prince Langly.

Still bums me out.

Following your VtM phalla convinced me to bite the bullet and actually play in one!

Sometimes I have ideas for things.
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular

Still bums me out.

Yours seems particularly rough because a small change, like you said before, would probably have changed it entirely.

Still though your game started a meme, that's pretty cool :P

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    Yeah, that phalla is the one that got me hooked.

I had never phalla'd before that.

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    it's good to be the prince

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular

Still bums me out.

Following your VtM phalla convinced me to bite the bullet and actually play in one!

Note... to self....
    Blame Assuran.
    All...of the grudges.

• Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    Yeah, sorry about my inactivity, village. I had plans to try and network, but then my wife got sick and I kept going "oh hey, it's after 10 pm and I haven't checked the thread since yesterday evening...". :(

• Options
    Everyone blames you, El Skid.

Not really. Hope your wife is better!

Currently Playing:
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    El Skid wrote: »
    Yeah, sorry about my inactivity, village. I had plans to try and network, but then my wife got sick and I kept going "oh hey, it's after 10 pm and I haven't checked the thread since yesterday evening...". :(

Never apologize for family related inactivity. family comes before a game always. anyone who doesn't like it can eat a whole sock made of poop

• Options

Never apologize for family related inactivity. family comes before a game always. anyone who doesn't like it can eat a whole sock made of poop

That... that is a vivid image. Thanks, TRV.

• Options
    GrimmyTOA wrote: »

I am a painter. Words are my... paint? Canvas? Either way. The color is red

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular

Your poop is red? That can't be healthy, you should maybe see a doctor

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Or stop eating so many beets.

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular

The last part is the best one:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diU70KshcjA

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    OminousLozengeOminousLozenge Registered User regular
    Or stop eating so many beets.

But they're so good!

Like, I'd eat them practically every day if I could. Beets with goat cheese crumble, tangerine slivers, crushed walnuts, and a light drizzle of EVOO.

Dammit, I just ate lunch and now I'm hungry again THANKS!

Sometimes I have ideas for things.