Options

Guilty pleasures: stuff you enjoy even though you don't want to.

quiet_bansheequiet_banshee GhostessMontrealRegistered User regular
Hey everybody. I'm someone who really loves to laugh, but at the same time, I can admit to myself that I'm something of a snob when it comes to comedy. So, part of me really hates myself for enjoying what's known as Youtube Poop, or simply YTP. Basically, people use video editing software to chop up existing footage in nonsensical, insane ways. Not all varieties... just the King of the Hill stuff. I wind up laughing my butt off just about every time I sit down to watch one of these. They're certainly not funny across the board, but a lot of them really, really are to me. Here's one decent example that I found.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yl-ROMLPwU

if you like that, there are three collaborations made by the King of the Hill YTP 'community' out there on ThouTube for you to enjoy.

So, tell us... is there any sort of media that you find yourself adoring even though part of you is disgusted with yourself as a result? Let us know! There's no shame here, we're all friends.

• Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    You love to laugh, huh?

Crazy.

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I hate enjoyment.

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I feel... like I jerk it too much.

• Options
    quiet_bansheequiet_banshee Ghostess MontrealRegistered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    I feel... like I jerk it too much.

I think there's no ceiling on the amount of times one can jerk off and still be considered healthy if you're 21 and under, and that three times a day becomes that ceiling at 22.

But that's based on my own neuroses, so take that for what it's worth.

Which is nothing.

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    probably snuff films, I guess?

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    edited March 2013

Does the Budd Dwyer suicide-on-national-television thing count as a snuff film?

quiet_banshee on
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    R0GRn27.jpg

YEAH

PXQ0fY2.jpg

OH YEAH

• Options
    Three times a day?

Oh okay I guess I don't even come close.

• Options
    ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    Rolo wrote: »
    PXQ0fY2.jpg

OK this one finally broke my brain.

• Options
    Uriel wrote: »
    Three times a day?

Oh okay I guess I don't even come close.

More than that and your palms get hairy and you go blind.

• Options
    B_RB_R Registered User regular
    I liked Superbad.

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    crwth

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    videogames.

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular

I should have known better than to joke about something that would then lead to me googling something that made me sad

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    I unironically (i.e. if I laugh at the content, I laugh at the content on it's own merit, not the movie for being "bad") enjoy the following films:
    Prince of Persia
    The first two Mummy films from the 90s
    The 4th Indiana Jones
    Van Helsing
    League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
    The Lost Boys
    Big Trouble in Little China
    All the Pirates of the Caribbean movies
    Demolition Man
    Judge Dredd (the old one, not the new one, which I have yet to see)
    Last Action Hero

I also can totally enjoy almost any heavily "fan servicey" anime on the merits of huge tits and cheap flash shots alone.

This doesn't even include a certain show about technicolor magical equestrians or the new, disturbing and hilarious Barbie web cartoon.

Guilty pleasure is an entire wing of my entertainment purview.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I kinda liked Iron Sky.

What a bizarre movie.

WAIT!

Who DOESN'T Like Demolition Man?

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQH5abZrZ7BiFBn-C5tNMRQkDcQXJ-per7JIqolasrEd1gjdcZvDA

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I have a lot of guilty pleasures - but off hand for movies I have an unending love for Joe's Apartment. For music, aside from the normal clinging to my childhood of listening to plenty of 80s hair metal and 90s grunge I listen to far too much Robbie Williams and Hanson.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    One of my favorite anime series this season is a marketing show for a japanese pop super group. I'm pretty sure I should feel guilty about that.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    Oh I really can't stop watching Pawn Stars.

It's like a the perfect storm of bullshit shows but I can't look away.

• Options
    Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Both of Rolo's, plus

XpBeOSl.jpg

Dongs Galore on
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I loved watching Smallville with girls who actually liked it and mocking it relentlessly.

• Options

I should have known better than to joke about something that would then lead to me googling something that made me sad

That's on you... my description of it sort of eliminated the need for disclaimers. It's a complete plot synopsis.

And dang, that cameraman just zoomed right in on it, didn't he?

• Options

I confess to being rather fascinated, though not pleased, by videos like that

• Options

Buddy's Manila Envelope Adventure is the only one I can actually watch, mostly because of the fact that he did it on NATIONAL TELEVISION. He could just as easily done it in the privacy of an Edwardian study, or on a bridge at sunset. Or after completing a Silent Hill game.

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    I love the Super Mario Bros movie. I saw it in theaters, then had the VHS, and now I have it on dvd.

I know that it's actually not that great of a movie and it has almost no resemblance to it's source material, but I don't care. I still want my sequel, too (though I believe I read somewhere that Bob Hoskins has retired from acting now).

Also, I still like Garfield and it's usually one of the first strips I read if I have access to a newspaper (I also have the entirety of Garfield & Friends on dvd, along with all the old TV specials).

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    One of my friends in college had a video of the Dwyer suicide

This was around when JFK Reloaded became a thing

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    Lars wrote: »
    I love the Super Mario Bros movie. I saw it in theaters, then had the VHS, and now I have it on dvd.

I know that it's actually not that great of a movie and it has almost no resemblance to it's source material, but I don't care. I still want my sequel, too (though I believe I read somewhere that Bob Hoskins has retired from acting now).

Also, I still like Garfield and it's usually one of the first strips I read if I have access to a newspaper (I also have the entirety of Garfield & Friends on dvd, along with all the old TV specials).

This made me laugh
    92284849.gif

Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    I still have a soft spot for those Garfield specials, mostly due to the music by Lou Rawls

The Thanskgiving special sucks though

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    I can't read Garfield's lines without hearing Lorenzo Music's voice.

Yeah, the Thanksgiving one is probably my least favorite of the bunch, but fortunately it's on the same dvd as the Halloween and Christmas special, which are among the best.

Garfield's Nine Lives is just bizarre (especially to a kid) where you get to watch Garfield die multiple times in various art styles, ultimately leading to Garfield lying to God's face and getting away with it.

The Babes and Bullets special is also probably the source of my love for 1940s-style Detective Stories.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Lars wrote: »
    ld's Nine Lives is just bizarre (especially to a kid) where you get to watch Garfield die multiple times in various art styles, ultimately leading to Garfield lying to God's face and getting away with it.

That does sound...interesting. Must have missed this one when I was a kid.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    edited March 2013

Buddy's Manila Envelope Adventure is the only one I can actually watch, mostly because of the fact that he did it on NATIONAL TELEVISION. He could just as easily done it in the privacy of an Edwardian study, or on a bridge at sunset. Or after completing a Silent Hill game.

Well, he says in his speech beforehand that he specifically wanted to call attention to what he considered the injustice of his case

Dongs Galore on
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    I may have enjoyed sekaiichi hatsukoi and junjou romantica

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    Reading comic book synopses on Wikipedia and never reading actual comic books

• Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    Eating super spicy Thai food. I get the green curry extra spicy and then I feel guilty about what I'm going to put my digestive system through.

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    The Spice Girls' Viva Forever and Four Non-Blondes' What's Up are two of my favorite songs ever.

I rather enjoy 4chan once in a while.

I have cosplayed Homestuck and know some really great people in the fandom.

The Bayformers films have redeeming qualities once in a while.

Old melodramatic anime like Galaxy Express 999, Zeta Gundam, and Fist of the North Star is excellent.

• Options
    RinderRinder Registered User regular
    80's anime

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Wakfu is a french children's cartoon with some weird pacing and not terribly engaging plots, but I absolutely adore it

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »
    Wakfu is a french children's cartoon with some weird pacing and not terribly engaging plots, but I absolutely adore it

I really liked their MMO for a while, but then they basically nerfed every class and it got really boring

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    I can't even say I'm in it for the game because I sorta dislike that gameplay. My fascination is purely a show about 12-16 year olds

Hence guilty pleasure

Duke 2.0 on
    VRXwDW7.png