The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions
. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum
. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
The Cold War Era -- a P2P RTS
TCWE is a P2P RTS strategy game based on the epic conflict between the Americans and the Soviets spanning the 1950s through the 1990s.
TCWE is developed by the Montreal-based game design company Alina Digital.
To play TCWE beta download the game via this link: http://www.thecoldwarera.com/download/TCWESetupV0258.zip
The primary objective in TCWE is to marshal the most countries into the player's sphere of influence using military tactics, propaganda and spy networks before time runs out. Players can choose to play as either the U.S. or the U.S.S.R. as they rewrite history and forge a new outcome for the notorious Cold War.
This screenshot shows the tech tree used to participate in the Space Race in TCWE. Advancing technology in the Space Race is one way players can win world Influence, turning Neutral countries into Allies to up their score and help defeat their opponent.
TCWE's creators intend it to be an easy-to-play, streamlined gaming experience. Each match-up only takes one hour to play, start to finish.
Because the challenge in TCWE comes directly from a human opponent and not from complex game controls, TCWE is targeted toward strategy game lovers of all ages and skill levels.
View the game's video trailer to get a taste of TCWE's atmosphere:
The Cold War Era Official YouTube Trailer
- Play P2P and match wits against a human opponent, or battle in single-player mode against a crafty AI (coming soon!).
- Play any time against a live opponent via TCWE's game server.
- Immerse yourself in a realistic atmosphere that recreates the true Cold War.
- Choose your side and play as either the Americans or the Soviets to rewrite Cold War history.
- Install military units to prop up the local Allied government or transform rebels into revolutionaries in Opposing countries.
- Establish spy networks to support government propaganda campaigns or shake loose the Opposition's stronghold.
- Launch rockets, satellites and astronauts into space to shock and amaze the world and win their alliance.
- Devise your own strategies and tactics, forcing your opponent to play by your rules.
- Use time to your advantage -- each Cold War Era matchup only takes 1 hour to play, start to finish.
- Keep on top of the game's goings-on by watching TCWE's unique in-game TV stream. This TV stream consists of real-life news footage shot during the Cold War era, edited to represent the players' in-game activities.
TCWE's game interface is based on an interactive world map and menus. Here's what TCWE menus tell players during the game:
- Players' Influence in each country and worldwide.
- Their Opponent's Influence in Influenced, Neutral and Opposing countries.
- Number of military units stationed in each country.
- Spy network status and propaganda campaign success.
- Remaining budget, which determines what initiatives can be launched.
- Space Race Milestone achievements, which help win global Influence.
- Each country's score value, which is used to calculate a player's Budget.
- Their Total Score as game events unfold.
TCWE is currently in development and Alina Digital expects to release the game in Q3. To find out more about TCWE, please visit the official website
, Facebook page
, or follow @AlinaDigitalDev