As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Crayons and Critiques and Minatuars...OH MY

earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
edited April 2013 in Artist's Corner
Hello AC!

I have a few things I have finished/am still working on to show.

As far as fishing for critiques goes, I am def looking for some thoughts on this. It's a three panel CD cover for a local New England rap group. There's 8 of em, and they wanted a zombie apocalypse, so I obliged. Kinda played out, I told them, but I also watch the Walking Dead so there was no point in being a hypocrite.

Initial sketch to where I am now. Right most panel is front cover, middle is back, and left is inside panel. I feel like it's mostly ready for me to go over the whole thing and re-ink, but any glaring faults would be nice to iron out before I start doing that next week.

NERS_zpsb6378f56.jpg
ners2_zpsf4867c6d.jpg
ners3_zps3114878a.jpg

Here's some other logo/flier/design type stuff that don't remember if I showed anyone...

beruit_zps6317026d.jpg
GSflyerBIG_zpsd5915bf0.jpg
RADIOflierPRINT_zpsb7e17673.jpg

The last one was funny cause I did it for a local college radio station in exchange for some merch. I spent all this time cleaning up and editing old Public Enemy CD art I scanned in, and then they said they liked it, but could I cut out the graphic so that just the text in the crosshairs was left? Wha whhha whaaaat about the context??

Rough logo design for local pet company...

ck_zps2f35d482.jpg

More ART!

elv_zps09fb3929.jpg
leo_zps9883a163.jpg
dragonDONE_zps7cf5f5e4.jpg
minytaur_zpsfbedc554.jpg

Here's an animated GIF that I mistakenly made too big, so that it doesn't animate when displayed in threads. OOPS. I thought it would be funny to replace new forum members placeholder with this as a joke!

toucanSPAM_zps45c44946.gif

This was that 3D shape abstraction challenge 'Ruka did awhile ago. I wouldn't say I finished it, but I might as well post it now because I'm prob not gonna have time to go any further with it.

abstraction2copy_zps10d3ef63.jpg

We had a party at my house like a month ago, and we spent most of the time drawing with sharpies. I drew a Link, then I digi-colored it! I have a high res B&W if anybodies feelin' frisky.

link0_zpsda751560.jpg
link2_zpsa31233c8.jpg

Self Portrait I did awhile ago, then I liked how my dog looked so much that I separated it by itself.
self1copy_zps13abfcbd.jpg
ripley1_zps7ecc67ef.jpg

And lastly, hopefully not coming off too site-whorey, is that my design for the TMNT themed Threadless contest is up for vote and you could do that if you please here. Only 3 days left! I don't have any real online presence to spread the word, so I figured I at least should post it here. Here's my initial mock-up and then the final, with a close up.

TMNTshirt1_zps212a7099.jpg
TMNTshirt2_zps6fb13c28.jpg
TMNTshirt4_zps5aab96e4.jpg

Thanks in advance for looking at my stuff. Any general thoughts or more specific critiques would indeed be greatly appreciated!

earthwormadam on

• Options
    Lewis RiceLewis Rice Registered User regular
    Hey duude! Lookin good!
    I like that beruit tournament poster a lot, but it falls flat because some of the perspective lines are wrong! it would make an excellent poster if you fixed up those perspective issues.

Loving the ninja tornado turtle head! hiyaaaaahhh

• Options
    melting_dollmelting_doll Registered User regular
    Eff yeah crayons!

• Options
    Thanks Lewis, I can't put my finger on what your AV is. Is it from Alien, or maybe The Thing?

Woo-yah MD. Been using more and more crayons lately. I've found that you can get some cool effects by scratching out the wax after you lay down a color, using your fingernails!

• Options
    melting_dollmelting_doll Registered User regular
    Yeah! It's also kind of great when you need a minor erase job. (;

• Options
    Lewis RiceLewis Rice Registered User regular
    It's Harry Dean Stanton in Alien!

• Options
    I thought so! That movie had the most memorable space crew.

I'll bring some crayons up to the comic expo MD!!