Options

The Steam thread for PC gaming and life-saving surgery

24567100

Posts

  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    eh, generally if you say you're playing through something for the first time dudes will corral their shit if for no other reason than to see someone's reaction to things

  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    yeah seeing someone's unspoiled reaction is usually really great

    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    but I also can't fault anyone from being extra careful

    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I like the idea of monaco but I don't think I would be able to deal with the way it presents information

    My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    surgeon simulator:

    oh god the phone is ringing on the main menu screen and I don't know how to pick it up so I'll just knock it onto the floor instead

    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    fuck you drill come back here right this second

    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    Ruby RhodRuby Rhod Multipass!Registered User regular
    Fuck yes, Divinity made their kickstarter goal for talents and traits. I would have been upset if that had not been in the game.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCe3RU9OIAQ

  • Options
    Ruby RhodRuby Rhod Multipass!Registered User regular
    Also according to their AMA, the game will be a lot like the original Divine Divinity which is fucking fantastic news. Especially the part about no respawning enemies or level scaling. I loved the fact that in DD I could kill literally everything in the world; I really despise respawning enemies after I've cleared an area.

  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I should play Divine Divinity. Apparently I have it through GoG!

  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Ruby Rhod wrote: »
    Also according to their AMA, the game will be a lot like the original Divine Divinity which is fucking fantastic news. Especially the part about no respawning enemies or level scaling. I loved the fact that in DD I could kill literally everything in the world; I really despise respawning enemies after I've cleared an area.

    You just reminded me to back that.

    Thanks!

    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    ok this game is pretty frustrating but also I can't stop laughing

    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Bahhhh if they had ONE MORE DAY on that kickstarter I would totally back it :(

    as it stands I have $7 in my bank account

  • Options
    Ruby RhodRuby Rhod Multipass!Registered User regular
    Not to rob you of your money, but you can get all the same kickstarter stuff by donating through paypal even after the kickstarter ends :P

  • Options
    Ruby RhodRuby Rhod Multipass!Registered User regular
    Also definitely play Divine Divinity. It's a game that get's PC RPG's done right. Seriously, it's just wonderful.

  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Ruby Rhod wrote: »
    Not to rob you of your money, but you can get all the same kickstarter stuff by donating through paypal even after the kickstarter ends :P

    Oh cool! I'll do that, then!

  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I am really hesendent about funding computer games on kickstarter even though I have bought a few comics and minis from it

  • Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Wait. There's an Octodad sequel coming? Wooop!

    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

  • Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    Hmm ME3 for $30AUD on Origin

    I paid $20 for ME2

    I guess that's close enough. But what DLC will I need?

  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Ooh I'd better get on that too so I'm ready for later.

  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    I remember liking DivDiv because it was like this weird cross between Diablo and Ultima VII.

    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    marty_0001 wrote: »
    Hmm ME3 for $30AUD on Origin

    I paid $20 for ME2

    I guess that's close enough. But what DLC will I need?

    @marty_0001

    From Ashes, Leviathan, Extended Cut, and Citadel

    It is frustrating as shit it requires all of that for a damn good experience, even though Extended Cut is free, but that's just the case unfortunately. From Ashes gets you an amazing squad mate and character, Leviathan sets up the ending much better and has some really cool elements, and Citadel is basically the Mass Effect Christmas special reunion.

  • Options
    Renegade WolfRenegade Wolf Registered User regular
    Gatsby wrote: »
    marty_0001 wrote: »
    Hmm ME3 for $30AUD on Origin

    I paid $20 for ME2

    I guess that's close enough. But what DLC will I need?


    From Ashes, Leviathan, Extended Cut, and Citadel

    It is frustrating as shit it requires all of that for a damn good experience, even though Extended Cut is free, but that's just the case unfortunately. From Ashes gets you an amazing squad mate and character, Leviathan sets up the ending much better and has some really cool elements, and Citadel is basically the Mass Effect Christmas special reunion.

    Citadel is a weird one though, I absolutely recommend it and its easily my favourite dlc of the series but I'm not sure how well it fits into a first time playthrough, it has a really different tone to the rest of the game.

    My recommendation for Citadel would be to beat the game first, give it a few days, then load up a save just before the endgame and play it as kind of a stand alone story. Plus I feel that the end of Citadel gives better closure to the trilogy than the actual ending does so its a nice place to finish.

  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Yeah definitely, Citadel is really the biggest wink wink, nudge nudge to the fans and it's basically Bioware going "hey let's make something light-hearted and fun with as many references and in-jokes as possible"

    And for the most part it's super charming as hell.

  • Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    Is From Ashes the one they released because the ending was so butts? Or is that Leviathan?

    Man all that DLC would cost more than the game itself :[

  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    No that's Extended Cut, the free one.

    From Ashes was their day one DLC that I seriously recommend you buy. To me that's a must have because the character you get with it is so worth the money. Leviathan is good for all the reasons stated above, but yeah it's more tenuous. I do suggest buying it, but I get why you wouldn't. Like Renegade said you can wait until you've beaten the game until you get Citadel so that can definitely wait.

    All in all it does suck that you have to shell out this money for things I consider crucial to the game, and it's a sign that ME3 should've been given more time I think, but I at least think From Ashes and Leviathan are worth the extra cost.

  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Personally I would just watch the good bits of Leviathan on YouTube then buy From Ashes and the citadel if you have the cash to splash

    help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

    bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Actually yeah, that isn't a bad plan, the only problem would be timing where to watch it in the middle of the game.

    Gatsby on
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    From Ashes is easily the most important/interesting DLC for ME3

    Though I thought it came with the game by default? Like Shale in DA:O it was the "buy a retail copy not a used copy" bonus

    Could be remembering that wrong

    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    So, like, if someone had bought the ME trilogy, and was interested in playing them through in sequence, could anybody here post a sort of complete guide to the DLCs for all the games and suggestions on how to go about playing them? Like, special considerations for certain DLC chronology or anything that I should absolutely avoid because it's terrible, that kind of thing?

  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Apparently there was a bunch of free DLC for ME2 which I didn't redeem because I am a doofus.

    Was I missing out on much?

    broken image link
  • Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Man, the kidney operation speedrun is driving me nuts. My hand is RIGHT ABOVE THE KIDNEY, WHY WON'T YOU GRAB IT ASSHOLE

    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Hey @Ruby Rhod I started playing a bit of Divine Divinity last night! Digging it. The voice acting is pretty cornball, but endearingly so.

  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Apparently there was a bunch of free DLC for ME2 which I didn't redeem because I am a doofus.

    Was I missing out on much?

    you missed out on the arc projector, the hammerhead, and zaeed so yes

  • Options
    Vargas PrimeVargas Prime King of Nothing Just a ShowRegistered User regular
    Oh man

    Two Worlds II GOTY edition is on sale on GMG for $2.50. I'm so tempted you guys.

  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Oh man

    Two Worlds II GOTY edition is on sale on GMG for $2.50. I'm so tempted you guys.

    Oh dang, me too. Apparently it's a better game than the first.

  • Options
    Vargas PrimeVargas Prime King of Nothing Just a ShowRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Oh man

    Two Worlds II GOTY edition is on sale on GMG for $2.50. I'm so tempted you guys.

    Oh dang, me too. Apparently it's a better game than the first.

    Oh really? See, I was tempted because I was not-so-secretly hoping that it was just as terrible in an amusing way.

  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Well, it's still pretty endearingly corny and cheesy. Just maybe a bit more fun to actually play.

  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »
    Man, the kidney operation speedrun is driving me nuts. My hand is RIGHT ABOVE THE KIDNEY, WHY WON'T YOU GRAB IT ASSHOLE
    my kingdom for a suction cup on a stick to grab organs with

    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Use the knife to stab said organs and then place the stuck organ in the chest and continue to the next part

  • Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    el_vicio wrote: »
    Man, the kidney operation speedrun is driving me nuts. My hand is RIGHT ABOVE THE KIDNEY, WHY WON'T YOU GRAB IT ASSHOLE
    my kingdom for a suction cup on a stick to grab organs with

    I tried the spoon for leverage, it's not bad, but still

    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

This discussion has been closed.