As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Telltale Games] What Franchise Should They Snag Next?

KodiSirKodiSir SeattleRegistered User regular
Alright so I was a huge fan of the Walking Dead game. I've heard the complaints. Sure you're choices aren't really that important in the grand scheme of things. I suppose interactive isn't the word everyone would use. Can't really argue, still I enjoyed the ride and had a really hard time making tricky moral decisions.

So if you love it what the dream game. I for one think The Matrix deserves to see the light of day again. Especially in the gaming world.

Or if you hate this interactive movie bullshit what must they never go near?

Opinions?

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    They're already doing a Fables game next, I really can't think of a better franchise for them to do.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    It's heavily implied (to me, at least) that we will see an Evil Dead/Army of Darkness game from them after Fables due to Ash being in Poker Night 2 because, honestly, why else would he have been in the game? Too random to be chance.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    The Walking Dead, at least so far for me, has been hugely interactive. I've heard the complaints that your choices don't matter in the end, that the world around you doesn't change - but honestly, it's a zombie apocalypse and the game is trying very hard to put you in the shoes of an average dude. Did you think he was going to save the world or something?

• Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    I know it won't happen, but I'd like to see Myst back somehow.

• Options
    KodiSirKodiSir SeattleRegistered User regular
    I didn't know they got Fables. That sounds amazing! I agree Poker Night 2 may foreshadow an Army of Darkness game. Not necessarily from Telltale though I wouldn't be surprised.

And @Dhalphir I totally agree with both arguments. When I was playing Walking Dead I felt like my choices really mattered. I really had no complaints with how interactive it was, I was enjoying the hell out of it. I didn't think I was going to save the world but I did expect more to change the second time around. I suppose on the other side of the coin you get Heavy Rain where your choices make more of a difference but you're stuck with a story full of plot holes. Not that I didn't enjoy Heavy Rain, I'm super excited for Beyond 2 Souls.

• Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    The Dark Tower.

I know its unlikely. I know that. But it would be so good.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    We don't need a thread like this.

YL9WnCY.png
This discussion has been closed.