As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

So the [Duel of Champions] CCG is pretty fun.

1111213141517»

• Options
    PlushyCthulhuPlushyCthulhu Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    My inferno swiss deck won first place on my first try yesterday. In other news, I went 9-0 in the jackpot tournament tonight and achieved 1500 elo finally. I needed 1 more win to get the 10 jackpot wins in a row achievement, so of course I lost the 10th game with a so-so draw vs. some guy with an incredible draw.

Congrats! This the Dhamiria deck? I broke down and bought her with seals, and am trying to figure out how to play slower paced - I'm so used to Garant rush that the learning curve is challenging. A fun change of pace though!

PlushyCthulhu on
    Steam/LoL: plushycthulhu
  • Options
    ConstrictorConstrictor The Dork Knight SuburbialandRegistered User regular
    I made 1500 with my Ishuma deck. Dhamiria is not nearly consistent enough.

• Options
    Haha, just had an amusing sequence today. Was playing as Adar vs a Sanctuary guy, we're decently far in and he plays Nur, the unique hero. I have four magic, so I Shadow Image Nur to get up to 4 magic, then Puppetmaster her, so now I have two Nurs and he has none. He must have been so annoyed...

• Options
    Wow. I hate dark magic so much. xD

• Options
    PoultryGeistPoultryGeist The Ghostly Chicken Registered User regular
    Wow. I hate dark magic so much. xD

jim4.jpg

IcdplGM.png
  • Options
    Lawful EvilLawful Evil Registered User regular
    Just played against a Myranda mill-deck. The use of the Void-Tainted Djinn with the hero active is really good against creature/rush decks. I didn't have enough spells to get rid of it quickly enough. Could have probably won the game if I had a better opening, but I was able to get him down to 1 HP before I ran out of cards.

Can't wait to get enough seals to grab a FW box and hopefully get some of the good Sanc creatures.

Do not believe that the impossible exists. That is why you fail.
  • Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    Best part about grabbing a new FW box is that you get Wildcards with it and with all the packs... I think I've got 37-38 now after opening a box last night.

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    Yup, you should get 37 wildcards from a box - 3 per pack (x10) plus 7 bonus for buying the box.

• Options
    Finally got all the achievement heroes from the new set. I kind of cheated on the last one. I entered a tournament and somehow got disconnected/returned to the lobby. (Game servers crashed maybe?). When I got back into the game maybe an hour later, I had 'won' the tournament and got the achievements, two foil champions, and foil pack of Forgotten Wars.

Yay I guess?

• Options
    Finally got all the achievement heroes from the new set. I kind of cheated on the last one. I entered a tournament and somehow got disconnected/returned to the lobby. (Game servers crashed maybe?). When I got back into the game maybe an hour later, I had 'won' the tournament and got the achievements, two foil champions, and foil pack of Forgotten Wars.

Yay I guess?

So you didn't play a single game and then everyone tied for first with 0 points? That sounds like a good racket...

• Options
    God.
    Dammit.

Sitting 2-0 in a Swiss tournament when I accidentally knock my modem over, which forces it to reset. By the time I've logged back in I've been automatched with the 0-2 leaver and I finish 4th. If it had just started the 3rd round match I probably get 2nd, but nooooo....

• Options
    Lawful EvilLawful Evil Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Had horrible luck with the FW box, got a ton of wildcards but no good cards for Sanctuary, not one Sayama Spy/Archer in there. Did get some uniques and rounded out my water spells. Have to save up seals for a another box before I can actually purchase FW cards with wild cards.

And I think I'm seeing the problem with DoC now. There's a huge mid-game plateau were you have a good enough deck to reach 1001 elo and beat everyone below it, but not good enough to win Swisses/Jackpots. So what happens is you're stuck fighting other decks who are also stuck at 1001 elo, losing to those above it, and winning those below it.

Or maybe because I'm playing Sanctuary instead of Inferno which can form solid decks even without the expansions. Either way, DoC has to make the mid-game lull smaller, or else it'll turn off newer players and they might lose out to Hearthstone/Hex when those come out fully.

Lawful Evil on
    Do not believe that the impossible exists. That is why you fail.
  • Options
    Inferno is actually one of the weakest factions in terms of actually winning tournaments and high elo games. Most of their creatures have poor special abilities and/or a lot of wasted stat points (high retaliation with low HP/etc).

• Options
    Not sure how long this is going to last, but this code: OGAMING-GIFT is good for 10k gold and a premium reinforcement pack. Go get it!

• Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    Not sure how long this is going to last, but this code: OGAMING-GIFT is good for 10k gold and a premium reinforcement pack. Go get it!

Didn't work for me.

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    Aww, too bad the code expired, maybe they'll drop a new one because they screwed up the servers this weekend.

In other news, I had a nice start to the jackpot tournament today, going 9-0 initially with my Crag rush. Was hoping for a good matchup on the 10th, but ran into that solid Cassandra Fortune deck that has Imperial Devotion to slow early rush, then the brutal Throne of Renewal->Wasteland->Prison combo to put you away. Got him down to 4 HP before he Devotion'd to 12 and I couldn't knock him back down again before he was able to combo me out. Balls, wonder when the next time I will have the opportunity for that achievement...

• Options
    I'm not really sure why uniques are able to be recycled. Got killed by a guy who prisoned me three turns in a row. Silly.

• Options
    Best DoC news - sharing cards between decks is a go when the expansion drops on Thursday (so soon!). Haven't really been paying attention to what is in it, but evidently a new card type (building) so that could be interesting.

• Options
    VorpalVorpal Registered User regular
    It's been a while since I last played, jumped back in, man, there's a ton of new stuff! A whole campaign vs the AI for one.

steam_sig.png
    PSN: Vorpallion Twitch: Vorpallion
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    Can cards you own now be in multiple decks at the same time? Is getting new cards without spending real money still a long slow slog?

• Options
    I'm most likely the most active DoC player on the board so if you have any questions let me know.

They massively changed the economy and are making another big change with the release of the newest set in a week or so.

You only need 4 copies of a card now - you can use the same cards in as many decks as you like.

There are Open and Standard formats. No need to collect all of the legacy cards unless you want to play open or weekly formats at the highest levels.

They have daily rewards and daily quests. It's pretty fast to collect wildcards that let you buy any cards you choose. No more pack RNG screwing you forever, you can buy those elusive last few cards.

The campaign system is quite generous, completing it with every faction will grant you many free packs and about 1.5 million gold (packs are 15k, so about 100 packs additional).

The new economy will stop you from earning wildcards via quests but they are letting you sacrifice cards to the pit to earn free wildcards.

They also massively upgraded the swiss tournament system. A win gives you two super packs now where it used to just give you one pack. Second place gives you two normal packs.

You can really build your collection without spending money but buying seals can give you a nice headstart.

I really enjoy the game a lot more than hearthstone.

• Options
    Am I right that I should hang onto my wild cards? Are they a 1 for 1 trade for certain cards?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Also...apparently you unlock a starter deck for beating each faction, which is nice, as it gives you a hero and a basic deck so you can complete (hopefully) the campaigns. But absolutely no one is playing sanctuary :(

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Cardmaster7Cardmaster7 Registered User new member
    If anyone hasn't yet signed up for this great game, you can use this referral code when creating your account:

GNNYUK

It'll give you six starter decks right at the beginning. Of course, I would also get a bit of gold and maybe a few seals, but that is nothing compared to six decks. In fact, I wish I had looked for a referral code before creating my account -_-