As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Can't install Steam game

billwillbillwill Registered User regular
I bought The Witcher: Enhanced Edition recently (my computer is finally fast enough to get into that series) and it downloaded nearly all the way through. At 78%, however, it got stuck, and the speed dropped to zero. Then Steam alternated between saying the download was "suspended" and "downloading", though in the latter case it still wasn't downloading at all.

I tried pausing and starting the download but it just doesn't work. It still stays stuck at 78%, and was for a few hours. After doing some research online, it was suggested that I delete the install and restart it completely. I did, but now when I try and install the game, it hangs on "preparing The Witcher: Enhanced Edition files for install" for a few minutes before a message pops up saying the game has "missing content manifest." I'm given a link to a support article on the Steam site, but that reports an error as well.

I've downloaded two full games in the last twelve hours so it was working fine very recently.

Any idea whats up with this and how I can fix it?

I hate you and you hate me.

• Options
    billwillbillwill Registered User regular
    Now the error that pops up is that "content servers unreachable." I've received that twice now. It links to another support article that also just pulls up an error page.

I hate you and you hate me.
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    I believe this time on Tuesday is their scheduled maintenance. Try again in a couple of hours.

• Options
    StrifeRaZoRStrifeRaZoR Registered User regular
    You can also go to your Steam settings, then to the Download+Cloud tab. From there you can change your content server/download location. Per usual, pick one that's near you. If it's still causing issues, try other ones. I somehow get faster downloads from Chicago than from Dallas, and I live in TX. Go figure.

StrifeRaZoR.png