As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WOW] Mists of Pandaria: Patch 5.4 Free epics ! By the way, we have a new Warchief.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    the new conductivity actually looks like it's going to be fairly interesting. Ancestral guidance, meh. Unless the new talent is really lackluster it seems unlikely guidance will be a common choice; 60% more healing for ten seconds just isn't all that much really

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    The enhancement shaman in my guild pulls 150k dps and 60k hps on any fight with stacking. On Megara, we can 2 heal the fight and the healers largely can focus on burst heals and the tanks rather than raid heals.

Caedwyr on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    enhancement is the only spec it really makes sense for; elemental has to use it at the same time as ascendance (or aoespam) for it to really be awesome, which isn't always ideal.

It would be interesting if they shortened the cooldown on it but reduced it's throughput/duration, so that resto could use it kind of like priests use halo or cascade. Hopefully the new talent is something that helps heal a spread out raid more effectively than we currently can, but it's hard for me to think of how they'd implement a talent like that and keep it compelling for the other specs.

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Well that's a new one. I was leveling my elemental shaman and queued for some random dungeons. After we pull some trash I noticed one of the DKs was at like 40%, so I tossed him a heal. Healer went ballistic. "If you really want to heal so bad, you should spec Resto..." I'm like, dude, it was ONE fucking heal. He won't let it go though. At one point, he starts whispering me shit. And says something like, "Hey, guess what happens when you respond to me..." "Guess what" "Guess what" "Guess what" "Guess what" "Guess what" "Guess what" "Guess what" "Guess what" "Guess what"... at this point I'm pretty sure this guy is like 5 so I put him on ignore. Later on I see the other people talking about me, in sort of "What the hell are you talking about?" sense. Apparently this guy was still talking shit about me. At one point someone posts the healing meters to show that, yes, the healer was at the top. I wasn't doing that much healing. And they post the DPS meters to show I was at the top (which was funny, because other than my heirlooms, I still had some shitty Burning Crusade gear and this was Throne of the Tides... lol)

Was so freaking weird. Keep in mind, this was because I threw ONE heal on someone. Also, he was kind of a shitty healer too.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    8/10 on skyshards, I *should* be able to get alani before 5.4 drops.

• Options
    They seem to have nerfed the shit out of skyshard drops in 5.3. I can't get any to save my life anymore :(

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    Redcoat-13 wrote: »
    Bliss 101 wrote: »
    Several new glyphs have been added to the PTR with this build, but aren't actually implemented yet:
    Glyph of Abolish Curse (NYI): Removes a curse from the target instantly, and every 5 seconds thereafter for the next 20 seconds. Replaces Remove Curse
    Glyph of Evaporation (NYI): Reduces the size of your Water Elemental by 50%.
    Glyph of Feather Fall (NYI): While Slow Fall is active, you will have feathers floating around you.
    Glyph of Festering Blood (NYI): Blood Boil will now treat all targets as though they have Blood Plague or Frost Fever applied.
    Glyph of Guided Stars (NYI): Your Starfall only hits targets affected by your Moonfire or Sunfire.
    Glyph of Hemorrhaging Veins: Your Saunguinary Veins ability now also increases damage done to targets affected by your Hemorrhage.
    Glyph of One With Nature(NYI): Grants you the ability to teleport to a random natural location.
    Glyph of Rapid Displacement (NYI): Blink now has 2 charges, gaining a charge every 25 sec, but no longer frees the caster from stuns and bonds.
    Glyph of Recovery: While Recuperate is active, you receive 20% increased healing from other sources.
    Glyph of Redirect: Redirect no longer has a cooldown.
    Glyph of Regenerative Magic (NYI): If Anti-Magic Shell expires after its full duration, the cooldown is reduced by up to 50%, based on the amount of damage absorbed.
    Glyph of Scattered Thoughts (NYI): Your Scatter Shot no longer Disorients the target, but now interrupts their spellcasts, preventing any spells in the same school from being cast for 4 sec, and Scatter Shot's range is increasd by 0 yards.
    Glyph of Sharpened Knives: Your Fan of Kinves also damages the armor of its victims, applying 1 application of the Weakened Armor effect to each target.
    Glyph of Swift Death (NYI): The haste effect granted by Soul Reaper now also increases your movement speed by X% for the duration.
    Glyph of the Long Winter (NYI): The effect of your Horn of Winter now lasts for 1 hour.
    Glyph of the Loud Horn (NYI): Your Horn of Winter now generates an additional 10 Runic Power, but the cooldown is increased by X sec.
    Glyph of the Prolific Mushroom (NYI): You can now have only one Wild Mushroom active at once, but your mushroom deals 0% additional damage.
    Glyph of the Skeleton (NYI): Your Raise Dead spell summons a skeleton instead of a ghoul.

Some are pretty cool, like Festering Blood (although I guess that makes Roiling Blood useless?), Rapid Displacement, Redirect, etc. More useful glyphs are always welcome.

Insert obligatory "once again nothing for Shamans" post here.

Sounds like there is a bunch of stuff, for Resto Shaman at the very least, later on in the patch, what with healing tide becoming baseline and obviously something needing to go in that talent spot.

One of my fears about that (as awesome as that is) is that suddenly everyone will start taking Ancestral Guidance. I mean, I guess it depends on what the new talent will be, though. And honestly, the Conductivity changes are looking really, really good. Healing Rain duration increased by 3 secs per cast means huge mana savings, and means you can spend GCDs/cast time on other shit instead of constantly refreshing HR. Probably just a balancing act, we'll see how it all pans out.

Baseline Healing Tide is fucking awesome though, damn. For all specs too, not just Resto!

That really does depend on what that third talent could be; as Elemental, I'm not really sure if Conductivity has ever been suitable for the spec. I'd rather Ancestral Guidance not be the only "real" choice with Healing Tide becoming base, because I'm getting rather tired of all the different cooldowns I have to use when I want to kick out my big burst*.

*Note, I'm not complaining about my burst, I could just do without all the spell bloat because it seems to get worse and worse.

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Bliss 101 wrote: »
    Several new glyphs have been added to the PTR with this build, but aren't actually implemented yet:
    Glyph of Abolish Curse (NYI): Removes a curse from the target instantly, and every 5 seconds thereafter for the next 20 seconds. Replaces Remove Curse
    Glyph of Evaporation (NYI): Reduces the size of your Water Elemental by 50%.
    Glyph of Feather Fall (NYI): While Slow Fall is active, you will have feathers floating around you.
    Glyph of Festering Blood (NYI): Blood Boil will now treat all targets as though they have Blood Plague or Frost Fever applied.
    Glyph of Guided Stars (NYI): Your Starfall only hits targets affected by your Moonfire or Sunfire.
    Glyph of Hemorrhaging Veins: Your Saunguinary Veins ability now also increases damage done to targets affected by your Hemorrhage.
    Glyph of One With Nature(NYI): Grants you the ability to teleport to a random natural location.
    Glyph of Rapid Displacement (NYI): Blink now has 2 charges, gaining a charge every 25 sec, but no longer frees the caster from stuns and bonds.
    Glyph of Recovery: While Recuperate is active, you receive 20% increased healing from other sources.
    Glyph of Redirect: Redirect no longer has a cooldown.
    Glyph of Regenerative Magic (NYI): If Anti-Magic Shell expires after its full duration, the cooldown is reduced by up to 50%, based on the amount of damage absorbed.
    Glyph of Scattered Thoughts (NYI): Your Scatter Shot no longer Disorients the target, but now interrupts their spellcasts, preventing any spells in the same school from being cast for 4 sec, and Scatter Shot's range is increasd by 0 yards.
    Glyph of Sharpened Knives: Your Fan of Kinves also damages the armor of its victims, applying 1 application of the Weakened Armor effect to each target.
    Glyph of Swift Death (NYI): The haste effect granted by Soul Reaper now also increases your movement speed by X% for the duration.
    Glyph of the Long Winter (NYI): The effect of your Horn of Winter now lasts for 1 hour.
    Glyph of the Loud Horn (NYI): Your Horn of Winter now generates an additional 10 Runic Power, but the cooldown is increased by X sec.
    Glyph of the Prolific Mushroom (NYI): You can now have only one Wild Mushroom active at once, but your mushroom deals 0% additional damage.
    Glyph of the Skeleton (NYI): Your Raise Dead spell summons a skeleton instead of a ghoul.

Some are pretty cool, like Festering Blood (although I guess that makes Roiling Blood useless?), Rapid Displacement, Redirect, etc. More useful glyphs are always welcome.

Insert obligatory "once again nothing for Shamans" post here.

Sounds like there is a bunch of stuff, for Resto Shaman at the very least, later on in the patch, what with healing tide becoming baseline and obviously something needing to go in that talent spot.

One of my fears about that (as awesome as that is) is that suddenly everyone will start taking Ancestral Guidance. I mean, I guess it depends on what the new talent will be, though. And honestly, the Conductivity changes are looking really, really good. Healing Rain duration increased by 3 secs per cast means huge mana savings, and means you can spend GCDs/cast time on other shit instead of constantly refreshing HR. Probably just a balancing act, we'll see how it all pans out.

Baseline Healing Tide is fucking awesome though, damn. For all specs too, not just Resto!

That really does depend on what that third talent could be; as Elemental, I'm not really sure if Conductivity has ever been suitable for the spec. I'd rather Ancestral Guidance not be the only "real" choice with Healing Tide becoming base, because I'm getting rather tired of all the different cooldowns I have to use when I want to kick out my big burst*.

*Note, I'm not complaining about my burst, I could just do without all the spell bloat because it seems to get worse and worse.

Speaking of Elemental, Ghostcrawler or someone mentioned a while back the possibility of Elemental Blast potentially being made baseline for Ele, I think? Not actual plans or anything, simply just talking about the idea. Which I would like, honestly. Elemental Blast feels really good as Ele, adds that extra something that the Ele rotation had been lacking for a while. Enhance/Resto don't take EB either, so it's not like they'd be missing out on anything.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    If that's the case, sounds like their strategy for talents that everyone takes is to make them baseline now rather than their old strategy of nerfing it to the ground so people take other things instead.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    the T5 and 6 shaman talents are pretty dumb anyway, for the most part. Every spec more or less has the one that they pick and that's that.

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    When that happens, Blizzard has tended to nerf it just so they start picking other things. What actually happens is that they all pick a new talent to use 100% of the time. Their dream of people picking different things is ridiculous and never going to happen. I haven't swapped out of Invocation for my fire spec in ever, I doubt most other fire mages have either. It's just stupid to expect otherwise.

Lorahalo on
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    it does though, for some classes. Our priests seem to argue constantly over which talents to take. Just not shamans.

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    There are some tiers of talents with such worthless choices that it truly doesn't matter which you choose. That's kind of a choice, right?

• Options
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    They seem to have nerfed the shit out of skyshard drops in 5.3. I can't get any to save my life anymore :(

my experience has been the opposite...I got 3 shards this week (2 of them yesterday)

• Options
    welshjemzwelshjemz Registered User regular

I'm still yet to see even one on any of my characters..... (7 level 90s and counting)

• Options
    Nobody wrote: »

my experience has been the opposite...I got 3 shards this week (2 of them yesterday)

I dunno. Previous patches I got a ton just doing the normal Golden Lotus grind. In 5.3 I did that grind on my Hunter and got absolutely zero. I even spent some time just killing shit and didn't have any drop.

• Options
    tarnoktarnok Registered User regular

I dunno. Previous patches I got a ton just doing the normal Golden Lotus grind. In 5.3 I did that grind on my Hunter and got absolutely zero. I even spent some time just killing shit and didn't have any drop.

rng is random. I got _nothing_ from two or three characters that reached exalted with GL and a little grinding specifically hoping for shards. Found my first one a couple of weeks ago.

Wii Code:
    0431-6094-6446-7088
  • Options
    StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    Ugh 40-58 is my least favorite stretch in the current leveling path right now, I think. Gotta plug through EPL, Badlands, Gorge, Steppes, and Blasted just to get to TBC content. Hopefully between rested xp, the monk buff, and some judicious dungeoneering, this won't be too tedious.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I have not done the Golden Lotus grind since I hit exalted that place left me a very foul taste I will remember

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Yeah, I only ever got one shard back in like september during gl grind on my main.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    another year, another ~25 attempts on the summer boss with no pet to show for it

• Options
    NumiNumi Registered User regular
    Finally got the thunder below for one step at a time and was able to finish it as melee using the quests shitty mechanics against it.

Instead of dodging lightning pools I just put a monk clone on the boss and stayed on the lower level firing lightning and blossoms at the boss. For some reason the lightning sweep didn't damage me if I ran back and stood in the middle of the main stairs leading down towards the boss area.

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Ahh, another week, another 1 Titan Runestone. I would probably only be halfway through this phase, which I started in fucking April, if they hadn't changed Lei Shit to a 100% drop. If I can get one more random drop, I'll be done with this awfulness in two more weeks. And people thought 6,000 VP was bad?

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Numi wrote: »
    Finally got the thunder below for one step at a time and was able to finish it as melee using the quests shitty mechanics against it.

Instead of dodging lightning pools I just put a monk clone on the boss and stayed on the lower level firing lightning and blossoms at the boss. For some reason the lightning sweep didn't damage me if I ran back and stood in the middle of the main stairs leading down towards the boss area.

I really need to do that, but then I remember I would have to do GL dailies.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    Bravo25Bravo25 Registered User regular
    another year, another ~25 attempts on the summer boss with no pet to show for it

I've been so glad that these pets are account-wide. For some reason my DK has all of the luck on these rare drops (this pet, the love is in the air pet, the winterveil pet, headless horseman mount, azure drake...) over the priest that I normally use to collect things. :)

• Options
    They seem to have nerfed the shit out of skyshard drops in 5.0. I can't get any to save my life ever:(
    FTFY

• Options
    I am the proud owner of one skyshard

not that I've really it the lotus dailies all that hard over the course of time but still, seems silly. Maybe at some point they'll just become boe.

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    My lone Skyshard has been gathering dust in my bank since late last year in the vain hope I can eventually sell it or get some value out of it.

So this Wrathion scenario people are talking about: is the cloak you get based on the scenario you do? Or can you do whichever role you want and choose whichever cloak you want at the end?

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    My lone Skyshard has been gathering dust in my bank since late last year in the vain hope I can eventually sell it or get some value out of it.

So this Wrathion scenario people are talking about: is the cloak you get based on the scenario you do? Or can you do whichever role you want and choose whichever cloak you want at the end?

You can choose any cloak. I did the healing challenge and chose the caster cloak.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    NumiNumi Registered User regular
    Skyshards are probably the most random of random drops. I didn't even see a skyshard until three weeks ago and have gotten six more since then.

The next time the GL dailies turn up the brewstealing tricksters in mistfall village I'm gonna send in the warlock for some proper mote/cloth farming since the last time I did it I walked away with three shards simply due to the insane non-stop aoe pulls.

• Options
    and that's 10 skyshards

Of course, Alani is dead right now so...

• Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    It finally rained in Jaguero Isle! I'm a Zookeeper!

MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Was just idling in Orgrimmar when I get a tell from someone asking where the Valley of Honor is. I look around and see that it's a level 12 pandaren warrior. I tell him to press M to open his map, and he thanks me. Out of curiosity, I check his equipment, and see that he's wearing a Cutlass and Feeble Sword, something which is just so gf-shobon.gif that I immediately felt I had to catch up to him and give him 100 gold. Being a cute newbie, he's probably going to blow it on copper ore or something, but whatever. It's so easy to take for granted that everyone is a bitter vet.
    the new conductivity actually looks like it's going to be fairly interesting. Ancestral guidance, meh. Unless the new talent is really lackluster it seems unlikely guidance will be a common choice; 60% more healing for ten seconds just isn't all that much really

It....

it's 60% extra to three target.

So actually it's more like 180% extra healing.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    TenekTenek Registered User regular
    Dac wrote: »
    Was just idling in Orgrimmar when I get a tell from someone asking where the Valley of Honor is. I look around and see that it's a level 12 pandaren warrior. I tell him to press M to open his map, and he thanks me. Out of curiosity, I check his equipment, and see that he's wearing a Cutlass and Feeble Sword, something which is just so gf-shobon.gif that I immediately felt I had to catch up to him and give him 100 gold. Being a cute newbie, he's probably going to blow it on copper ore or something, but whatever. It's so easy to take for granted that everyone is a bitter vet.

By giving him something he has not earned, perhaps all you have helped him become is a target. Seeing another elevated often brings the eyes of others who suffer. And perhaps in the end, all you have wrought is more pain. And that is my lesson to you. Be careful of charity and kindness, lest you do more harm with open hands than with a clenched fist.

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    It's a video game.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    It's from KOTOR 2.

• Options
    edited July 2013
    and that's 10 skyshards

Of course, Alani is dead right now so...

Decide to log in before I head out for the evening...

You receive loot: [Reins of the Thundering Ruby Cloud Serpent]

Also discovered I hadn't purchased the Cloud Serpent from August Celestials so....up to 205 now

Nobody on
  • Options
    sumwarsumwar Registered User regular
    Ugh 40-58 is my least favorite stretch in the current leveling path right now, I think. Gotta plug through EPL, Badlands, Gorge, Steppes, and Blasted just to get to TBC content. Hopefully between rested xp, the monk buff, and some judicious dungeoneering, this won't be too tedious.

I'd definitely recommend doing dungeons while leveling if questing isn't something you like. Tanks/healers should get fast queue's for the most part. I have been leveling a healer almost exclusively doing dungeons and sometimes I get bad queues but quite often they are reasonable.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Huh.

That'd actually... make me start PvPing again.

There's a idea floating around from Blizzard folk about moving the bigger BG's (IoC, WG, AV, and TB) into their own queue ("War Campaigns") and re-tuning/reworking them so that they're longer battles. Like, for instance, a hour+ish. If you want just fast honor grinding, you could play the shorter ones, but if you want a actual long fight you don't have any current options.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    I've been hoping for that for quite some time. Even my Alliance characters drift to down-voting Isle and AV after they don't need honor anymore.

This discussion has been closed.