Check out this thread for an update on DJ Eebs.

Recurring BSOD

ShinyRedKnightShinyRedKnight Registered User regular
Hello,
My brother's computer has had a history of strange BSODs; always when it was left alone for any period of time. I have usually tried to come here to fix it, but never got the error codes.
It happened again and my brother was ready with his phone to take a picture. The computer was running while we watched TV. Quick time was running, as was text editor, Firefox with two websites, and Zune software. Here is the picture of the error code:
[img][/img]tnx2.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us

After the reboot, the computer starting doing a disk check on his main drive (E rather than C, it was named that on accident, but he is using Windows 7 and to my knowledge that shouldn't be an issue).
Thank you for any advice!

steam_sig.png
PSN: ShinyRedKnight Xbox Live: ShinyRedKnight
ShinyRedKnight on

• GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Never seen this one before, but a Google search for the PFN_LIST_CORRUPT error finds a lot of pages and forum threads indicating this if often related to out of date or corrupt drivers for something.

• yotesyotes Registered User regular
    Bluescreen View
    WhoCrashed

See if it's just one bad driver causing the problem and deal with the offending party.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    Take a look at this article: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff559014(v=vs.85).aspx
    It lists the exact cause of the problem, which in your case is: A driver has unlocked a certain page more times than it locked it.

For starters, go into the device manager and ensure that there are now devices malfunctioning. Even if there aren't any noticeable devices with issues, it's still a good idea to update the video card, NIC, sound, and mobo drivers to keep it up-to-date.

There are also threads which indicate that Daemon Tools installed on a Windows 7 machine will cause BSODs of this nature; if that is the case, uninstall it.

Other threads have indicated that certain AV products can become corrupt and cause this BSOD. When that was the case, they just uninstalled the AV product, rebooted, then reinstalled.

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • ShinyRedKnightShinyRedKnight Registered User regular
    Thanks guys, I've forwarded the sites and advice to my brother.

steam_sig.png
    PSN: ShinyRedKnight Xbox Live: ShinyRedKnight