As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Interest On] DC Comics: Earth-21 (MHRPG)

Super NamicchiSuper Namicchi Orange County, CARegistered User regular
edited September 2013 in Critical Failures
DC COMICS AND CRITICAL FAILURES PRESENTS...

2vmc749.gif

HISTORY

In 1960 the second coalition of superheroes joined together led by Superman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Batman and the Martian Manhunter to defeat the Centre, a sentient subterrestrial creature bent on wiping human life from the face of the Earth. Ushering in a new frontier of hope and optimism this new Justice League averted hundreds of crises and saved millions of lives the world over.

Sixty years later things are different. But you know the old saying: the more things change, the more they stay the same. The world is on the brink of another nuclear war focused on the Middle East. Poverty and crime are at an all-time high at home and due to the anti-metahuman sentiment that's bubbled up in recent years the remnants of the Old Guard still alive have hung up their capes for good, leaving the world without a Justice League.

Still many heroes fight on despite sour public opinion and the growing threat of government legislation...

WHAT THIS IS

This is a campaign that has been scratching at the base of my brain for awhile now. I thought about running it in MnM3e but I've had my fill of that game for awhile now, and the various games of Marvel Heroic kicking on the board got me wanting to try something new.

I'm going to be taking three or possibly four people for this game. Pretty much all canon characters are on the table, just keep in mind that the timeline I'm using is establishing that the Golden Age of Superheroes began in the 30s and has continued all the way to today. Therefore many characters will be much older. Still, if someone wants to play the salt-n-pepper haired aging Superman as a mentor to the team, that's perfectly fine by me! I'm also open to original characters taking on a legacy and continuing a name - after all, the fun of playing in the DC or Marvel Universes is playing with such cool toys. What I'm not enthusiastic about are completely original characters. If you have something in mind I'd be interested to hear it though.

Also keep in mind since this is a completely new system for me I may get stuff wrong. I doubt it but it might happen! When it does, bear with me.

WHAT I NEED FROM YOU

I need your interest first. Duh. Also I'd like you to put forth UP TO three one-or-two sentence character pitches - if you get selected, you will likely get to play all of the characters you submit. I'm going to be having an ensemble cast here, so if three players submit three heroes each, we basically have a new Justice League. I will say that if you don't submit all three, this won't affect whether I pick you or not, you just won't be rotating around and there might be more NPCs hanging out with you guys.

After we've picked our cast I'll collaborate with you guys based on the ideas I have for the setting and let you go hog wild with that corner of the DCU. That way if someone wants to play a new Batman, we can figure out what the state of Bat affairs are and have something established in our new canon.

The final step will be assembling the datafiles and then playing a small origin story prologue either through PM or in the IC thread.

WHEN WILL THIS HAPPEN

Well, I'd like to get this rolling as soon as possible, but we all know play by post is a fickle medium, so it's going to happen When It's Ready. Hope to sling some dice with you soon.

Super Namicchi on

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    I'm interested. I'm not super into DC but Green Arrow or someone from Teen Titans. Or maybe my DCU Online character.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
  • Options
    I guess I should have mentioned in the OP that the game is beginning from the premise set forth in DC's book The New Frontier which was adapted into Justice League: New Frontier in 2008. If you watch the movie you have the square one. Everything else following that will be pretty much extrapolated from there.

In a nutshell the original book/film is a reconciliation between the Golden Age heroes and the new Silver Age heroes. I'm skipping right past that into a modern/post modern setting based on that history.

So this is going to be an original interpretation.

• Options
    SakutianSakutian Registered User regular
    I would like to play the Flash (Wally West) who would be taking up the role of the Flash after Barry retires. I'd also enjoy playing a young Zatanna who has just begun, or possibly is just about to begin, her career as a hero. Finally I'd like to take up the trident as the King of Atlantis and play Aquaman.

My Games

Dresden Files RPG- Dumb Luck

Playing Phillip Hess in Motor City Blues

GM of M&M "And Justice For All."
    GM of Dresden Files Low Life
    GM of Star Wars Sagas Into the Unknown
    GM of Star Wars Sagas Lost Hope- Concluded
    GM of Star Wars Sagas the Dark Times- Concluded.
    GM of Star Wars Sagas Jabba's Palace- Concluded due to injury.
    Bart Allen/ The Flash in M&M Metropolis- Concluded.
    Koyi Disturbances in the Force- Concluded.
    Jessup Owlbeard Forge of the Dawn Titan- Withdrawn due to injury.
    Sal Mander In the Shadow of Zeus- Concluded.
    Zevoto in Out in the Black- Withdrawn due to injury.
    GM of Wyvern Watch
    Berru Secune in Rise of the Jedi
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    edited September 2013
    I would love to play ...

Green Lantern.
    The Atom.
    Green Arrow.

Martian Manhunter is also a hero who intrigues me...

I'd also not turn down taking a stab at Aquaman, but I wouldn't dream of stepping on Sakutain's toes.

And there's always Batman. But I think there are others who could do the caped crusader better then I. My interest and passion lies elsewere, though I will always be a Batman fan at heart.

EDIT: Hourman! that is all.

!st list on my to-do. Acquire the Marvel Heroic rules...

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I would love to play ...

Green Lantern.
    The Atom.
    Green Arrow.

Martian Manhunter is also a hero who intrigues me...

I'd also not turn down taking a stab at Aquaman, but I wouldn't dream of stepping on Sakutain's toes.

And there's always Batman. But I think there are others who could do the caped crusader better then I. My interest and passion lies elsewere, though I will always be a Batman fan at heart.

EDIT: Hourman! that is all.

!st list on my to-do. Acquire the Marvel Heroic rules...

Sorry for linking my own game here, but if you scroll down, near the bottom of the OP, I've got jdarksun's how to play in two spoilers, it explains pretty much what you need to know about Marvel Heroics. There are a few random thinks it doesn't touch on, (Character Creation, those random rules added in Civil War/Annihilation), but its all you really need to know.

• Options
    (I know Thea Queen from the TV show Arrow isn't in the comics, but I like her so...)

Green Arrow- Thea Queen
    Daughter of Oliver Queen and Dinah Lance, Thea is a party girl who had to suddenly take up the bow when an unknown assassin kills both of her parents, and is now hunting her. She has some experience with the bow and arrow, but isn't as skilled a fighter as her parents. She also has a bad habit of returning to her party girl lifestyle when superheroing becomes too tough.

Static- Virgil Hawkins
    Growing up as a fan of superheroes such as Superman and The Flash, Virgil tried to always do the right thing. But as a black kid living in Atlanta, doing the right thing isn't always possible. After being "forced" to join a gang his uncle belonged to, Virgil gained superpowers when lab waste exploded near him during a gang fight. Taking the name Static, because of his electric powers, Virgil is struggling with keeping his personal life and superhero life under control.

• Options
    I'm just glad to see someone is taking an interest in playing the Atom, because I think he's a fantastic character.

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    I have never seen Arrow.

• Options
    Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Hmmm not a big fan of the system, in fact I think it is anti-thematic to super-hero action, but I miss playing with you guys and I'm not currently involved in any other games so...

Batman - Dick Grayson
    The former Robin has officially taken on the mantle from the aging Bruce Wayne. He brings a different sense of adventure to the Caped Crusader while remaining just as cunning, resourceful, and capable as his predecessor.
    Batman
    Solo d8, Buddy d6, Team d10

Distinctions
    Dedicated Hero
    The New Dark Knight
    Something to Prove

Powers
    Student of the Bat
    Enhanced Reflexes d8, Enhanced Senses d8, Enhanced Strength d8, Enhanced Stamina d8
    SFX: Extraordinary Effort - Step-up or double a die from a power on your next roll, or spend 1 PP to do both. This power is then shutdown until an opportunity is rolled or a transition scene occurs.
    SFX: Focus - Remove two dice of the same step from a pool to add a die one step higher.
    SFX: Second Wind - Move your physical stress die to the doom pool to step up one die.
    LIMIT: Exhausted - Shutdown any one power to gain 1 PP. This power may not be recovered until an opportunity is rolled or a transition scene occurs.

Crimefighting Tools
    Enhanced Durability d8, Gadgets d8, Weapon d8, Swing-line d6
    SFX: Area Effect - Target multiple opponents. Add one d6 and +1 effect die per opponent.
    SFX: Grapple - Add d6 and step-up the effect die by one when inflicting a complication.
    LIMIT: Gear - Shutdown any power to gain 1 PP. Take an action versus the doom pool to recover the power.

Specialties
    Acrobatics Master d10
    Combat Master d10
    Crime Expert d8
    Covert Expert d10
    Menance Expert d8
    Psych Expert d8

Legacy of the Batman
    1 XP Whenever he discusses or is compared to the deeds of the previous Batman.
    3 XP Whenever he confronts a former villain or ally of the previous Batman.
    10 XP Whenever he defeats one of the previous Batman's villains or outperforms his predecessor in some way.

Haunted by Failure
    1 XP Whenever you declare a situation similiar to a failure of your past, perceived or real.
    3 XP Whenever you first activate Something to Prove and relate to failing your parents or someone in the Batfamily.
    10 XP Whenever you emotionally stress out during a scene and a teammate helps you overcome your feelings of failure.

Wonder Woman - Diana Themyscira
    Ever eternal the Amazon warrior watches as her former allies grow older while a new generation rises to carry on were they left off. Often times she feels like an outsider looking in, wondering about the wisdom of her choice to live among the mortals.
    Wonder Woman
    Solo d10, Buddy d6, Team d8

Distinctions
    Amazon Warrior
    Ambassador of Peace
    Stranger to Man's Lands

Powers
    Demi-God Amazon Warrior Princess
    Godlike Strength d12, Superhuman Reflexes d10, Superhuman Stamina d10, Flight d10, Speed d8
    SFX: Versatile - Use two or power powers from this same set at -1 step for each additional power.
    SFX: Second Wind - Move your physical stress die to the doom pool and step-up one die by one step.
    SFX: Rightousness - Move your emotional stress die to the doom pool and step-up one die by one step.
    LIMIT: Exhaustion - Shutdown one power and gain a PP. Regain the power on an opportunity or in a transition scene.

Gifts from the Gods
    Superhuman Durability d10 (Armor and braclets), Weapon d10 (Lasso of Truth), Weapon d8 (sword)
    SFX: Dangerous - the sword.
    SFX: Grapple - Add d6 and step-up the effect die by one when inflicting a complication.
    SFX: Invulnerable: Spend 1 PP to ignore physical stress from ranged attacks.
    SFX: Affliction: Add d6 and step-up effect die to inflict a 'Must tell the truth' complication on a target already suffering from a d8 or greater Grambled complication.
    LIMIT: Gear. Shutdown any power to gain 1 PP. Roll versus the doom pool to recover or a transition scene.

Specialties
    Acrobatics Expert d8
    Combat Master d10
    Covert Expert d8
    Menance Expert d8
    Psych Expert d8
    Mythology Expert d8

Warrior of Myth
    1 XP Whenever you come face-to-face with a creature of myth and legend.
    3 XP Whenever you assist or defeat a creature of myth and legend.
    10 XP Whenever you confront a God then assist and/or defeat them or are defeated.

Stranger In a Strange Land
    1 XP Whenever you comment on how strange the world is to you or say something that makes you seem strange.
    3 XP Whenever your actions get you in trouble with the law, media or your teammates.
    10 XP Whenever you are forced to choose between your new world and Themyscira.

Cyborg - Victor Stone
    One of the young upstarts, Vic's cybernetics were installed as a measure to save his life after a tragic accident. While he occassionally muses on the existential issues of his condition, mostly he enjoys being a young superhero and hopes to live up to the previous generation's example.
    Cyborg

Solo d6, Buddy d8, Team d10

Distinctions
    Great Potential
    Man and Machine
    Varsity Star

Powers
    Cyborg Body
    Superhuman Durability d10, Superhuman Stamina d10, Superhuman Strength d10
    Enhanced Leaping d8, Enhanced Senses d8, Enhanced Speed d8
    Blast d8, Technology Interface d8, Flight d6
    SFX: Disorient - Add a d6 and step-up the effect die for complications.
    SFX: Area Effect - Target multiple enemies. Add a d6 and +1 effect die per target.
    SFX: I can replace that part - Spend a PP to ignore physical stress from an attack.
    SFX: Boost - Shutdown a power to step-up a die or regain use of another power.
    LIMIT: Overload - Turn a power into a complication and gain 1 PP. Roll versus the doom pool to regain power or in a transition scene.
    LIMIT: Drained - Shutdown a power or step down three to gain a PP. Regain on an opportunity or during a transition scene.

Specialties
    Combat Expert d8
    Tech Master d10
    Science Expert d8

Man or Machine?
    1 XP Whenever you first acknowledge your cyborg features in a scene.
    3 XP Whenever an ally helps you overcome emotional stress caused by your man-machine nature.
    10 XP Whenever you defeat a villain or rescue a teammate despite suffering from the Overload
    or Drained limits, or replace the human parts of your brain.

Great Expectations
    1 XP Whenever you defeat a villain or rescue a teammate
    3 XP The first time you use more than four different powers in a scene.
    10 XP Whenever you are publicly recognized as one of world's greatest hero.

I went a route deliberately designed to sort of bridge all the gap between the generations, like how The New Frontier bridged the Golden Age and Silver Age heroes. We have an old guard character, a character from the middle generation, and one the young upstarts looking to make a mark on the world.

Mikey CTS on
    // PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • Options
    Mikey

this is exactly what I was looking for

• Options
    Thank you. I'm glad you like it. :)

• Options
    so yeah, what I really like to see in the submissions is exactly what Sak/Mikey did - namely picking someone from the Old Guard, someone who bridges the gap, and someone fresh to the life.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    I am interested in this, just need to come up with a good selection of characters

Right now Orion, Doctor Fate and Shazam all come to mind, albeit in different ways.

• Options
    I am interested in your ideas

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Right now I am thinking of Doctor Fate as some kind of ancient sorcerous amalgam of all it's previous holders, a zen master mage who has set out to ensure that the balance of creation is kept. Shazam is his young apprentice and aide in this task, who receives tutelage and study from his teacher. Orion is the middle point between the two, he's naturally filled with rage and restlessness, he's come to learn discipline and self control at the feet of the master, and also to try and find some purpose and meaning amidst the energy and chaos of life on Earth.

Purely basic thoughts, though.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Sakutian wrote: »
    I'm just glad to see someone is taking an interest in playing the Atom, because I think he's a fantastic character.

Ray's awesome. If I weren't in about as many games as I can handle my list would be Atom, Martian Manhunter or J'emm Son of Saturn, and probably Power Girl or Black Adam. Loving Mikey's picks as well, and will follow this one with interest.

• Options
    edited September 2013
    I think your dislike for MHR is my fault, Mikey. I was running a non-heroic game with a system that normally deals with heroes. Plus, I was a new GM to the system who didn't know what I was doing with it. So I was pretty clumsy with Noir. Maybe someday I'll return to the idea. Maybe not.
    I have never seen Arrow.

Its a Green Arrow TV show on CW (here in the states, not sure what channel it is in other places.) where party boy Oliver Queen takes a cruise with his father and his girlfriend's little sister (who he is sleeping with) and when it sinks, he was trapped on a prison island for five years, where he learned how to fight and shoot a bow to survive. Later, he was found, and returned home only to find that things had changed. His mother remarried, his little sister Thea (Oliver's pet name for her is Speedy) has taken up his party boy status and is doing massive amounts of drugs (Vertigo, created by a Joker like villain called the Count), and he is now on a mission to save Starling City from the terrible things his father and his father's friends have planned to do to the city.

Its a cool show, kinda like Birds of Prey tv show and Dark Knight mixed. And its got Deathstroke, the Huntress, and next season Black Carney all going around messing up his life. And some silver hair Asian lady who I believe is the woman from his flashbacks to the island, but my brother buddha73 doesn't think so.

Grunt's Ghosts on
  • Options
    I haven't seen too much of Arrow, but I've usually enjoyed female characters who take up the bow in Oliver's footsteps. Speedy II was a great deal of fun, as were Arrowette and Artemis from Young Justice.

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    My three:

Green Lantern, Guy Gardner

The Atom, Ray Palmer

J'onn J'onzz, Martian Manhunter
    -or-
    M'gann M'orzz, Miss Martian

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    so @jdarksun, did you have any hero ideas? Or are you kind of up to playing whatever?

• Options
    So I'll probably end up taking more than I asked for (given that there's some good ideas)

I definitely like the ideas set forward, and if anyone still has more, please submit them!

• Options
    edited September 2013
    I hope no one minds but I wrote up a little short story for Zatanna and the Flash during work over the last few days. I liked it and I thought it was a good way to introduce the characters.
    The Flash

Leaning around the couple in front of him Wally West peered ahead at the line of people who were still waiting to be allowed access to the Motor Stadium. Hundreds of people were milling around outside of the main gate talking excitedly while the stadium's security staff ushered them through one at a time. Sighing he fell back onto his heels and tried not to think about how much time he'd already spent standing still. When Zatara had asked the Flash to make an appearance at his charity performance in Keystone City he'd nearly refused, magic was something that Wally was comfortable with. In the end though Barry and Jay had convinced him that it was for a good cause, all of the proceeds from the performance were going to benefit the homeless people of Keystone. The recent layoffs at Keystone Motors had left hundreds of people jobless, and even the fastest man alive hadn't been able to keep many of them from losing their homes.

The line crept forward a few inches, but before Wally realized what he was doing he'd stepped out of line and started walking towards the parking lot. No one spared him a second thought as he round the corner and turned the face on his ring. Snatching his crimson and gold costume out of the air he changed in a blur of superhuman speed tucking his street clothes underneath of a dumpster. Sprinting around to the rear wall of the stadium at hundreds of miles an hour, but being careful not to break the sound barrier along the way, Wally charged up the wall and landed on the other side in a long corridor. Barry had tried to teach him patience but there were some things that even he couldn't do.

Zatanna

Within the stadium Zatanna parted the curtain that'd been erected around the pitcher's mound and peered out at the thousands of faces staring down at center field. Snapping the curtain back in place she took a deep steadying breath and ran through her part in the act for the hundredth time that day. Fidgeting with her costume, a modified version of the tuxedo her father wore during his performances she tried to steady her hands.

"Not a bad turnout is it?"

Zatanna spun on her heel and looked over her shoulder to see her father Giovanni Zatara standing behind her smiling. Even though most of his once dark hair had faded to grey he still had a youthful energy about him. Shaking her head Zatanna stepped away from the gap in the curtain and allowed her father to peer out at the audience.

"It's not every day that a world famous magician and a card carrying member of the Justice League comes to town Dad."

Zatara stepped back from the curtain his smile faltering slightly. "The Justice League saved a lot of people Zatanna, but sometimes I think we should have spent more time helping them. I'd like to be remembered for something more than catching a few jewel thieves and aliens."

Wanting to keep up her father's high spirits Zatanna beamed at him as she adjusted his top hat. "Well you're a snappy dresser too."

Cheers and applause from the other side of the curtain began echoing throughout the stadium until they'd reached a thunderous volume. Zatanra reached into his waist coat and pulled out a pocket watch that dangled from a long golden chain. "They shouldn't be starting the show yet, we're still waiting on the Flash."

Zatanna opened the curtain and saw what was causing the disturbance at once. A bald man with a greased beard and mustache was hovering over the pitcher's mound smiling wickedly. When he spoke his voice boomed even louder than the shouts of the crowd. "Hello Keystone City, I know you were expecting that paltry conjurer Zatara, but I am pleased to announce that you will be witnessing the work of a true magician instead. Don't bother giving me a standing ovation though, your valuables will be more than enough thanks." Abra Kadabra made a complex series of motions with his hands and the seats in the stands twisted like wax wrapping themselves are the people sitting in them. At the same time wallets, watches, purses, and jewelry began to fly out of the stands soaring into a bag that Abra Kadabra conjured from thin air with a casual wave of his hand.

Zatara pulled his daughter backstage as he pulled at his white tipped magic wand. "Zatanna stay out of sight while I take care of this."

Before she could think of any way to convince her father to let her help him a gust of wind swept past them both carrying a blur of hurried speech with it."SorryIwaslatebutdon'tworryI'lldealwiththisclown."

The Flash ran a quick lap around Abra Kadbara before slowing carefully to a stop right in front of him. "Shouldn't you be pulling a rabbit out of a hat at a kid's birthday party or something Abra Kadabra?"

"Actually I had another trick in mind, making you disappear once and for all!" The villain pointed his finger at Wally who darted aside just in time to avoid the bolt of lightning that sprang from his fingertips. Zatara stepped out of his hiding place and pointed his wand at the distracted villain's back.

"Ezeerf..." Before Zatara could finish casting his spell something struck him in the back of the head knocking him to his knees. Horrified Zatanna glanced at the thing that'd hit her father and realized at once that it was a boomerang. A man wearing a blue costume covered in boomerangs climbed out of the dugout at the far end of the field, another boomerang in each of his hands.

"Hardly sporting to attack a bloke when his back is turned now is it? What's the world coming to I ask you mate?"

"A worthwhile quandary Boomerang, but one that will have to wait for another time. I wish to finish conducting our business before the authorities arrive." Abra Kadbra snapped his fingers and chains materialized around Wally's legs knocking him to the ground. He raised both of his arms into the air and an enormous ball of fire appeared above him. "Prepare for your final disappearing act heroes."

"Dnourg nrut ot dnaskciuq!" Zatanna charged out onto the field and concentrated with all of her might, filling her words with all the power she could muster, the ground beneath Abra Kadabra bubbled and swallowed him up until only his head remained visible.

"Nice trick girly, too bad it didn't work on both of us."

The chains that'd been holding Flash captive began to glow red hot as he vibrated his molecules at superhuman speed, as his legs passed through the chains he sent them whirling at Captain Boomerang. Boomerang turned just in time to see the chain coming before it struck him in the chest with a small explosion that sent him tumbling head over heels for the outfield. Boomerangs spilled out of his belts and pouches along the way rolling into the dirt.

Zatanna turned and helped her father get back to his feet examining the wound on the back of his head, there was already a bump the size of an egg there, but it could have been far worse. The Flash walked over looking at Zatara concernedly. Zatanna noticed the pale lenses covering his eyes for the first time and wondered why he wore them when neither of the first speedsters had. "Are you alright?"

Zatara rubbed his neck and hissed, but he chuckled weakly as he shifted his eight off of Zatanna. "You're just like him, always late but you still arrive just in time to save the day."

Wally smiled as the crowd around them leapt up cheering louder than ever, the chairs having returned to normal once Abra Kadabra had become to distracted to maintain his spell. Zatanna offered her white gloved hand to the Flash who shook it. "Well it looks like we make a pretty good team."

Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    Consider my interest piqued for this! I do enjoy a good superhero game, though I am not sure who'd I want to play as.

• Options
    Editted in a possible datafile for Wonder Woman. I'm leaning her towards a middle ground between The New Frontier and New 52 Wonder Woman.
    Quite possibly the only good thing to have come out of The New 52.

• Options
    We also got All-Star Western and an amazing new Aquaman series.

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    I was partially joking. We also got The Flash which has gorgeous artwork. Of all those titles though the most consistant has been Wonder Woman, in my opinion.

• Options
    I love the new Wonder Woman series! I've only got the first collection so far but the new direction really works for me, plus I'm a big fan of mythology.

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    so jdarksun, did you have any hero ideas? Or are you kind of up to playing whatever?
    I don't know enough about DC characters to roleplay any of them - I'll just watch from the sidelines.

• Options
    Hey Mikey, in this universe Dick and Wally were still pals back in their Teen Titans days right? Because it'd be cool if they were both taking up the identities of their former mentors, and starting a new Justice League together.

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    I'll be following up with this on wednesday after my final 12 hour shift tonight. Great stuff so far.

• Options
    Yeah, Saks, that's a great idea.

I'm having difficulty finding a decent datafile for Cyborg so I may have to change him out for another youngster. I always make adjustments based on who the character is supposed to be but from scratch doesn't seem like fun.

• Options
    I can help you make a datafile for him. I love doing it.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Has anyone asked about Jade or Obsidian yet? They'd make solid legacy-heroes. Starman, Atom-Smasher, Scott Free / Big Barda / Orion or another New God, Firestorm, Guy Gardner or Sand all come to mind.

• Options
    edited September 2013
    I can help you make a datafile for him. I love doing it.

I guess so.

Edit: Or I can play Amethyst, Princess of Gemworld.Nope. Too similiar to WW in that 'Stranger In a Strangeland' sort of way.

Mikey CTS on
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Still got a spot open?

I might be interested.

Think I'd like whichever of Guy Gardner and M'gann that destroyah isn't using, but if that's off the table, there's always Vic Sage or GI Robot.

Got some ideas for GI Robot.

• Options
    These aren't complete but I just wanted to posted the in progress characters I've been working on.

Aquaman
    Solo d10, Buddy d6, Team d8

Distinctions
    King of the Seven Seas
    Hero Of Two Worlds

Powers
    Half-Atlantean Physiology
    Superhuman Durability D10, Swimming D10, Enhanced Senses D8, Animal Control D10, Superhuman Reflexes D10, Superhuman Stamina D10, Superhuman Strength D10
    Limit: Dehydrated Shutdown all Half-Atlantean Physiology powers and gain 1PP. Recover power by activating an opportunity or during a transition scene.

The Trident of Neptune
    Weapon D8, Godlike Durability D12
    Limit: Gear Shutdown The Trident of Neptune and gain 1PP. Take an action vs. the doom pool to recover gear.

Specialties
    Combat Master D10
    Menace Master D10

Ruler of Atlantis
    1 XP Whenever he faces an enemy of Atlantis.
    3 XP Whenever he defeats an enemy of Atlantis.
    10 XP Whenever he is forced to choose between the surface world and Atlantis.

1 XP Whenever
    3 XP Whenever
    10 XP Whenever

Flash
    Solo d6, Buddy d10, Team d8

Distinctions
    Former Sidekick

Powers
    Superhuman Speed D10, Superhuman Reflexes D10,

Specialties

1 XP Whenever
    3 XP Whenever
    10 XP Whenever

1 XP Whenever
    3 XP Whenever
    10 XP Whenever

Zatanna
    Solo d10, Buddy d8, Team d6

Distinctions

Powers

Specialties
    Mystic Expert D8

1 XP Whenever
    3 XP Whenever
    10 XP Whenever

1 XP Whenever
    3 XP Whenever
    10 XP Whenever

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    Hey Sak, since we a pre-existing relationship for Batman and Flash, how do you feel about Wonder Woman and Aquaman?

• Options
    Well I figure they were on the Justice League together way back when for a start. Were you thinking of something beyond that?

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    Not really. I just wasn't sure if your interpertation of Aquaman was a JL'er or not.