As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[GTA5] Old thread, ready to lock.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    The russian stream is back up.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    I have the week off from work starting Monday. This makes me quite jubilant.

Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    My work filter blocked it in the last 5 minutes of me checking, "nope its down", reading your post and then checking it again :\

Guess I'll do work now.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    Put in my order, game + flash drive

IT'S (almost) CRIME TIME

Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    My work filter blocked it in the last 5 minutes of me checking, "nope its down", reading your post and then checking it again :\

Guess I'll do work now.

He just stole an airplane but it got damaged by the cops during take off and he just tried to land it on a hill and crashed. The plane seemed to have deformation damage like the cars. One wing looked like it buckled before the plane exploded.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    So I guess they nixed the PS3 pre-load after people cracked the encryption and started seeing files? Because I heard there was one, but I was never offered the option when I pre-ordered.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    I really debating spending 20 more bucks to get this over the weekend than Tuesday. . .I really don't need the distraction though.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
  • Options
    DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    was going to leave this until next month, but from what im seeing and hearing it sounds more incredible each passing minute. 360 here we go!

just hope amazon.co.uk have it shipped here by monday/tuesday... they are usually pretty cool delivering pre-orders a day before release.

• Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    Ok, just saw a Baja Bug style vehicle in game and now I must change pants.

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    BubbyBubby Registered User regular
    Any word on which platform will have better performance/visuals?

• Options
    rvrv Registered User regular
    Bubby wrote: »

Word on the street is they are essentially identical.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    rv wrote: »

Yeah, I think it's coming down to preferred controller/online community.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    Blocks bridge with a car => Following car proceeds to drive off the bridge

Looks like this aspect of traffic AI hasn't changed at all

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• Options
    This train's dead man switch seems broken.

• Options
    Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    jdarksun wrote: »
    He jumped on a train. He jumped on a train.

And it didn't have any sort of impact on him whatsoever. Walking around on the train looked floaty as well, shifting through rails and the like.

I know this sounds like ranting, but for example, Red Dead Redemption only let you jump on trains from horseback when you had some speed. Walking too close to it would hit you, making you stumble away. Walking around on trains themselves also felt more solid, especially since there were ladders to climb on top.

On the other hand: The game looks really, really good. Wouldn't have imagined something like this running on a PS3/360. Intriguided to see how it performs with more action!

Also, police are doing a really good job so far. Getting rid of one star is quite easy which I think is a good change, since doing pretty much anything in GTA IV resulted in an endless, escaliting police chase.

Blackbird SR-71C on
    steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• Options
    @jdarksun I feel we are watching the same stream.

He jumped on a train and then I jumped on the hype train.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    So it seems the player characters will be fairly customizable

Spoilered for hair
    haircuts.jpg

Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    Damnit. I bailed on the flying he is doing right now. The scale of this game (in terms of land mass) is crazy.

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    So close to an F18.

• Options
    DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    my crew will be rocking beards, mandatory.

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    klemming wrote: »

Yeah, I think it's coming down to preferred controller/online community.

Or in my case not wanting to reup Gold just to play it, since I am "converting" in the coming generation to be PlayStation primary/XBox secondary (I was 360 primary this last generation).

I actually prefer the 360 controller, but that's why I have one of those off-brand PS3 controllers which feels a lot like it.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    Looks like you dry off completely in about 30 seconds after leaving the water.

Immersion broken. 0 out of 10. Would not buy.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    Looks like you dry off completely in about 30 seconds after leaving the water.

Immersion broken. 0 out of 10. Would not buy.

Preorder Cancelled Evaporated!

Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    Snake GandhiSnake Gandhi Des Moines, IARegistered User regular
    Well, looks like it's time to leave the thread till Tuesday. See you all after.

• Options
    sumwarsumwar Registered User regular
    I wonder how the stock market works in terms of on average rewards. I have no idea why I would know whether one stock will go up or down and there are alternative investments such as real estate (I assume you can rent out real estate?). On average I'd like to think the stock market would give you a return on investment that is positive.

Also I have heard from people acquiring gold is slow until you get a random event and get hundreds of thousand of dollars which sounds kinda dumb.

• Options
    SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2013
    I wonder if it's possible to customise Trevor into looking like a respectable, neat, tidy person without receeding hair.

Suriko on
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    better yet- give him a toupee and have it fly off when riding motorcycles

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    sumwar wrote: »
    I wonder how the stock market works in terms of on average rewards. I have no idea why I would know whether one stock will go up or down and there are alternative investments such as real estate (I assume you can rent out real estate?). On average I'd like to think the stock market would give you a return on investment that is positive.

Also I have heard from people acquiring gold is slow until you get a random event and get hundreds of thousand of dollars which sounds kinda dumb.
    they mention that your actions will affect stock prices. so if you invest in the company that makes banshees, and then you blow up every banshee you see, you will drive the prices up.

as for the cash thing, I find it irrelevant how quickly you earn cash, since clearly you can knock over banks and stuff.

• Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    I would love random bank robbery missions like in The Godfather The Game.

Kadoken on
  • Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I'm gonna drop out of the thread for now as well.

Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    Heading out now to see if I can grab this early. Feels slightly sketchy, if I don't make it back tell my mother I love her.

• Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    ED! wrote: »
    Heading out now to see if I can grab this early. Feels slightly sketchy, if I don't make it back tell my mother I love her.

Best bet is always K-Mart. They give no fucks about street dates.

I remember buying the first Mass Effect game there about two weeks before release. Copies were abundant on the shelf and they sold it to me without a care of the giant orange warning sticker. That was a fun day.

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    Dashui wrote: »
    ED! wrote: »

Best bet is always K-Mart. They give no fucks about street dates.

I remember buying the first Mass Effect game there about two weeks before release. Copies were abundant on the shelf and they sold it to me without a care of the giant orange warning sticker. That was a fun day.

Yeah I got Mass Effect from Kmart 2 weeks early too. It was pretty awesome.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
  • Options
    sumwarsumwar Registered User regular
    It appears the cops are more aggressive. You can avoid them, it's a bit different you don't run out of a circle the cop cars have a frontal view. Hiding in an alley way or in a construction site out of sight is a great way to lose your wanted level. I like this new way as oppose to GTA IV where you just ran out of the circle. This way makes more sense.

I have also noticed that it's very easy to get 2 stars right away.

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Yeah, I saw a video of
    a police car being stolen by Franklin, getting a three-star wanted level, then managing to hide out with it on the third floor of a multi-storey car park. Also he had Chop (Franklin's Dog) sitting in the passenger seat, got out and played fetch with him using a baseball. And in one of the missions you can switch to and play as Chop.

It's crazy how much more resilient the cars are now, compared to GTA 4, they take a heck of a beating before you see flames/smoke coming from the engine.

Zilla360 on
This discussion has been closed.