As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Shadowrun 5E] Unprofessional Criminals [OOC/Banter]

• Options
    KaneskiKaneski Registered User regular
    Alex has his commlink and glasses w/ Image link. No surveillance.

• Options
    ArdentArdent Down UpsideRegistered User regular
    Geth, roll 11d6t5 for no dice

11d6t5 4 [11d6t5=1, 5, 1, 3, 3, 6, 6, 1, 2, 5, 4]

Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • Options
    LeperLeper Registered User regular
    Arrighty folks, feel free to post as you see fit. Electronics aren't an issue... yet.

If my role play is hindered by rolling to play, then I'd prefer the rolls play right, instead of steam-rolling play-night.
  • Options
    Gonna make a Charisma + Performance roll for pretending to be a tailor. Let me know if I'm being opposed and what modifiers I'm working with, please.

Also:

Geth, roll 12d6t5 to Judge Intentions.

Kaspar's trying to get a cold read on Maury. Not sure how hard that's going to be, since Maury appears to be in character as well.

to Judge Intentions.:
    12d6t5 1 [12d6t5=4, 6, 4, 1, 3, 3, 2, 3, 1, 1, 3, 3]

• Options
    Given that it's pretty impromptu, we'll say it's just a flat roll, even with the nice suit. Just a straight roll will be fine.

And that's some painful dice to scope out the ork. Looks like Geth Occ-blocked you. Apparently the low lighting, loud music and Maury's interesting demeanor are enough to throw you off by quite a bit.

If my role play is hindered by rolling to play, then I'd prefer the rolls play right, instead of steam-rolling play-night.
  • Options
    psolmspsolms Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    ooh how do we roll on here? that would be much easier then linking to invisible castle

edit: and though zen owns a pair of smart linked sunglasses, she is not wearing them. assume they're stashed in the bike, with her gun.

psolms on
  • Options
    Geth, roll 12d6t5 to be an elven tailor.

to be an elven tailor.:
    12d6t5 7 [12d6t5=6, 5, 6, 4, 6, 2, 6, 6, 5, 1, 2, 2]

• Options
    @psolms That's the exact syntax. Make sure to punctuate or you confuse Geth.

Apparently Kaspar has some Sir Patrick in him.

• Options
    Geth, roll 5d6 for no reason

5d6 14 [5d6=5, 2, 3, 2, 2]

• Options
    t = "take" i.e. "taking that result"

For Shadowrun it's 5 or 6, so you add t5.

Then it simply tallies all your dice that are 5 or 6 and generates a total.

• Options
    Geth, roll 8d6t6 for no goddamned reason.

Just had to get in on the action. ^_^
    Ardent wrote: »
    Apparently Kaspar has some Sir Patrick in him.
    *snerk*

8d6t6 1 [8d6t6=6, 1, 2, 5, 4, 2, 4, 4]

• Options
    Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    Leper, do you want us to go ahead and roll Perception tests for anything we're actively looking for?

• Options
    Sure. Just say "I'm looking for x" and roll.

Don't worry about pixel bitching. If there's a dude with a gun pointed at your head in the corner and you say "I'm looking for any hidden cameras paying extra close attention to the rafters," I'm going to tell you about the dude with the gun. ^_^

Same goes for most other things. "I'm doing X, here's my roll for it" is just fine, if there's modifiers to be added/changed beyond what your character gets normally, I'll figure them in. That way you're not waiting to catch me online to find out what funky goodness to add, and then wait again for you to come online to make the modded roll.

And If Kaspar's the only one reacting, i'll have a post up this evening.

• Options
    Cool, thanks Leper. But the social interaction rolls have so many possible dice pool modifiers it could get wild. Your pool can swing between like +12 and -18 based on modifiers.

If it's cool with you, I'll just ballpark the variables based on my understanding and you can correct if I'm off base.

• Options
    Good point.

And that sounds fine.

• Options
    Okay, here we go for Block's Matrix Perception test, looking for anything running silent. Anything wireless that Maury doesn't have running silent, I should just see automatically.

Geth, roll 8d6t5 for Matrix Perception

Matrix Perception:
    8d6t5 2 [8d6t5=5, 2, 1, 1, 6, 4, 2, 2]

• Options
    edited November 2013
    @Leper I'm not ready to make any kind of IC post until you let me know the results of my Matrix Perception :P

Also, I'm in love with this guy Maury, even if (as I'm assuming is your intention) I have next to no idea what's going on!

EDIT: While you're at it, can you tell me if he just put gum over a wireless device? Maybe roll that question into the Matrix Perception I just rolled for?

Captain K on
  • Options
    Gonna run through our modifiers for a negotiation check as I see them: -2 due to Alex' prejudices. +2 because Maury is desperate. -1 because I'm going to try to squeeze a few more dimes out of a good feelings run. 0 for street cred on both sides. For a grand total of -1 to the dice pool.

I'll roll when everyone confirms they're on board/reacts to the note.

• Options
    Sounds about right on modifiers, unless a bombshell drops.

• Options
    @Captain K the only electronics 'Maury' seems to have on him are what you've already seen with your eyes. His pocket sec is a cheap burner--running silent, but not exactly hard to get your grubby little virtual mitts on.

And there was a wireless mic in the room which doesn't seem to be functioning at all anymore. Either it's suffered through some crazy abuse and that was the last straw, or that wasn't exactly Double Mint.

@Ardent Maury isn't exactly desperate, but he is under the gun. Still, a couple other little things makes those mods look just fine to me.

• Options
    goddamnit solomon. send me to an orc, so that i can help him help some other orcs.

fuck.

IC post incoming in a while. i will be playing to my disadvantage. luckily its a mild bias, meaning i will likely help but begrudgingly. and call him names in orzet.

• Options
    YO DAWG I HERD U LEIK ORCS.

• Options
    Oh. Right. Zen is biased too. Luckily it's mild for both of you so my math remains accurate.

@Leper: you get a +2 for basically ANYTHING left unsaid. It's uh, one of those weird things in the rules that needs errata. It's also confusingly worded because it says subject when it should say target.

Side note: I do like orks. One of my favorite character archetypes in SR is the Ork Street Philosopher.

• Options
    as a player, i like orks fine. just needed a fairly common group to have a mild bias against, so, dem fuckin greenskins.

• Options
    edited November 2013
    Orks have delightful pink skin if they're from Caucasian stock. Anyway.

I'm going to presume the baseline is 3000 per since this is gangers and toughs (and that's what Kaspar will assume too).

Geth, roll 12d6t5 for Look pal, I'm not sure you're sure that I'm sure that we've got a deal.

Which makes our total 3500 per person before taxes, unless Maury wants to put up a stiff counter.

Look pal, I'm not sure you're sure that I'm sure that we've got a deal:
    12d6t5 5 [12d6t5=5, 6, 5, 2, 4, 4, 5, 2, 3, 1, 5, 4]

Ardent on
  • Options
    @Leper now that surveillance has been made obvious and possibly near, Alex will try and recall the Banana Jax clientèle from his walkabout inside before joining the group. Since Maury was already there, Alex would presume any direct surveillance would also be there. Roll (if needed)?

• Options
    I think if @Leper can get a post up and we can close the negotiations, we can trade sob stories at our leisure over the weekend.

• Options
    Sorry for the delay folks. Just got done packing up a house full of crap (is it possible to have too much gaming paraphenalia? I think I might.) and writing the first draft of a business proposal for my new employer. I'm going to try to get a post up for you all tomorrow evening, but it may be Sunday before I can log back in.

On the plus side: goodbye shitty local cable company and constantly dropped connection and hello fiber.

• Options
    I'm going to assume that at this point no one else has a better place in mind.

• Options
    Happy to go along for now.

• Options
    im on board with the plan.

i dont think that zen knows about it yet though, cause she does not have her AR glasses with her..

• Options
    I think we can assume that the group has left the meet with Maury and maybe talked things over aloud.

Also, come on, it's the 2070s, bring your AR gear with you. :P

• Options
    edited November 2013
    I think it's the equivalent of "what's a cell phone?" today. ;)

I'm fine with skipping ahead if that's what folks would like, or we can close this out narratively if anyone's got something else to add. Just pick a spot for your team to wind up next and we'll get rolling again. :D

Leper on
  • Options
    I can certainly pull a nice dive out of the list of Shadowrun locales I have, if that's what everyone wants. I don't mind role-playing "on the way back," but at least one member of the group isn't going to be traveling with us since they brought separate transpo.

• Options
    Yeah, it is the 'what cell phone' of today, but by extended analogy - you don't hand out your number to a bunch of criminals the moment you meet them ;)

I think skipping ahead to meeting place discussion and moving on to legwork is in order.

• Options
    Kaneski wrote: »
    Yeah, it is the 'what cell phone' of today, but by extended analogy - you don't hand out your number to a bunch of criminals the moment you meet them ;)

I think skipping ahead to meeting place discussion and moving on to legwork is in order.
    You can switch the commlink your ARGs are attached to without any fuss. Like bluetooth, but better. Most runners carry disposable commlinks on runs because, well, they're disposable. Preferably pre-owned or "requisitioned" ones which generate confusion about who was there.

• Options
    really the problem is i just like highlighting that she has no pupils, and that is harder to do when she's wearing sunglasses... it was a poor setup in the first place :P

• Options
    get AR contacts?

• Options
    psolms wrote: »
    really the problem is i just like highlighting that she has no pupils, and that is harder to do when she's wearing sunglasses... it was a poor setup in the first place :P
    Harder to do... but it makes the reveal so much better.
    Kaneski wrote: »
    Which is fine with me. Name the place, (or just give me some details to work from) and we'll get moving.

• Options
    Wanda's Witchery is an Awakened-friendly burger joint down by Lake Young. I'd guess half the group is familiar with it.