As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Webcomic Feels

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I used to be reeeeeally into werewolves when I was about [age older than I'd actually like to admit] and there was one woman who did fantastic werewolf art which I loved, but I forgot her name and have never been able to find her again when I've tried in more recent years.

I emailed her once to say I liked her art. It is the only time I have ever contacted an artist to compliment their art and we had a conversation about Metallica's 'Of Wolf and Man' because apparently I decided that was a cool thing to talk to her about. Because werewolves, you see.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    vampires get their turn, werewolves get their turn, zombies get their turn

man

when is it going to be the turn of the humble yet sexy mummies

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Never cause Mummies are harder to make work

They have to be tied to some ancient civilization/ruins

Werewolves, Vampires and Zombies can be anywhere at any period

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    vampires get their turn, werewolves get their turn, zombies get their turn

man

when is it going to be the turn of the humble yet sexy mummies

Merfolk are next.

After that probably fox spirits or something similar.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    [
    Belruel wrote: »
    @King Riptor tell me about your werwolf story. Werewolves are the best btw.
    Sure thing-
    So basically werewolves vampires and their ilk were created to battle spirtual entities that would come to be known as the various mythical gods.
    You cant kill these creatures just weaken them and contain them in small crystal prisons and placate them with worship and praise hoping they wont break out when they recover .

Fast forward to the present day and the last Werewolf clan continues to fufil these duties while acting as paid mercanaries that specialize in occult dealings.
    Jacob McCray the son of the clan goes on his first solo assignment and basically things go south. Power suits evil moon gods and chaos ensue

@Smof
    Five pounds of spiders?

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    BelruelBelruel NARUTO FUCKS Registered User regular
    That sounds pretty cool, Riptor, I hope you can get your story all fleshed out in some form someday.

vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    2013-11-15-chapter-4-page-53.png

Where is the "Daww" button??

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    I don't... I don't think that is a 'daww' moment?

I could be wrong?

vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options

I could be wrong?
    Nah its definitely a tearjerker

• Options
    edited November 2013
    It totally is, though.

It makes me go "Dawww" and want to give the little guy a hug.

Except I can't, because I don't got spirit powers. :(

Goatmon on

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Oh man all this anime talk has reminded me I never finished watching Kemono no Soja. But I'm afraid to keep watching because I know that even though it probably ends well, something terribly sad is going to happen. And man, what I wouldn't give for the rest of the Moribito series to be made into an anime. Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit was so amazing.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    I've only watched like 3(?) episodes, so I can't really say anything definitively

As bad as that outfit is though, the show feels oddly non-exploitative

Like everything is just super over the top and the costume is so bad that it's just played for laughs. Nobody in the show acts for a second like that outfit is anything except incredibly stupid.

Not that it wouldn't be a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better show without that whole stupid thing, cuz dang it's dripping in style otherwise and main girl vs evil dictator girl is actually a pretty fun rivalry. It makes me facepalm at its immaturity pretty hard, but it hasn't actively pissed me off from it being offensive, if that makes sense.

If you haven't seen episode 4 yet, you haven't seen them playing for laughs.

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Did someone say wolfcomics?

Shit is getting real in wolfcomic town.

244.jpg

245.jpg

broken image link
  • Options
    Also I was going to write a werewolf comic.

Then I thought maybe I should make it into a video game instead.

Then I didn't have the time to actually follow through on either.

broken image link
  • Options
    Also also how come there are never any lady werewolves?

Except for that one book series.

broken image link
  • Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular

They turn into werecats instead, because dogs are masculine and cats are feminine.

Obviously.

• Options

I thought about that. Near as I can figure watching a woman transform would be more disturbing. I dont think Being human ever showed its female werewolf transform for instance

• Options
    edited November 2013

the only lady werewolf I can think of is in NWN2

there's a female werewolf model that was dubbed "apple bottom wolf(boots w/da fur)" on my server for obvious reasons

I'm trying to find a picture but suffice it to say the female werewolf has a straight-up badonkadonk

THESPOOKY on
    d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    I prefer the idea that women are carriers of whatever causes the lycanthropy but dont really get affected by it.

• Options
    Oh man all this anime talk has reminded me I never finished watching Kemono no Soja. But I'm afraid to keep watching because I know that even though it probably ends well, something terribly sad is going to happen. And man, what I wouldn't give for the rest of the Moribito series to be made into an anime. Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit was so amazing.

Fuck yes, Moribito was a fantastic cartoon series.

Also I'm watching more of Kill la Kill and apparently some big school event is going down and now just getting to classes on time is going to involve going through some massive series of deathtraps, and I'm just loving every minute of this.

• Options
    Why would watching a woman transform be more disturbing.

vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    smof wrote: »
    I used to be reeeeeally into werewolves when I was about [age older than I'd actually like to admit] and there was one woman who did fantastic werewolf art which I loved, but I forgot her name and have never been able to find her again when I've tried in more recent years.

I emailed her once to say I liked her art. It is the only time I have ever contacted an artist to compliment their art and we had a conversation about Metallica's 'Of Wolf and Man' because apparently I decided that was a cool thing to talk to her about. Because werewolves, you see.

@smof

Dollars to doughnuts you're thinking of Christy "Goldenwolf" Grandjean, who did fantastic werewolf art which I loved and I managed to remember her name.

CEvXPl3.jpg

broken image link
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    THESPOOKY wrote: »
    anime thread

did Kill la Kill ep 2 just open with the main character getting raped and no one really caring about it

no

Mako's dad is a doctor who was bandaging her up, she just thought he was trying to molest her when she woke up

Also there are plenty of other problematic things coming in just a couple episodes.

I love the show.

But it has issues.

This last episode was amazing!
    Just oh shit, one of the main boss fights 7 episodes in!? Of course she won. Oh shit, he's gonna get more powerful. Motherfucker did he just get his eyes sewn shut? Fuck he did, this is bad. Also awesome.

And the Anti-Uniform Guerilla is such a cool character even if his design is almost literally Kittan with a mohawk.

Imagine how much better it would've been without the aforementioned issues.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    I prefer the idea that women are carriers of whatever causes the lycanthropy but dont really get affected by it.

Meanwhile I embrace any sort of fantasy setting that doesn't relegate women characters into passive roles.

Especially with something like werewolves. Werewolves are awesome; why make them into a boys club?

• Options
    BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Seems a bit odd to hate on women lycanthropes when the best werewolf in fiction is clearly Angua

Billiardball on
    Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Goatmon wrote: »

Meanwhile I embrace any sort of fantasy setting that doesn't relegate women characters into passive roles.

Especially with something like werewolves. Werewolves are awesome; why make them into a boys club?

but what if they were actively passing on the lycanthropy on purpose...via boning dudes

shit, back to the drawing board

THESPOOKY on
  • Options
    Seems a bit odd to hate on women lycanthropes when the best werewolf in fiction is clearly Angua

I dont hate them. They're just uncommon.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    @Mr Fuzzbutt comes through with all my (were)wolfcomics needs.

• Options
    edited November 2013
    I wanna see some dwarven werewolves

E: Oh shit, they'd be werewolverines

THESPOOKY on
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Lalabox wrote: »
    20131115.png

Gunshow is a comic about why would you do that to a cat?
    Like meowschwitz in there

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    Why would watching a woman transform be more disturbing.

I was just spitballing there honestly
    THESPOOKY wrote: »

but what if they were actively passing on the lycanthropy on purpose...via boning dudes

shit, back to the drawing board

For my purposes they can pass it on by biting or to their child. I havent really worked out their powers. I was thinking theyd have crazy daredevil level regular senses and some level of control over water and shadows

• Options
    Lalabox wrote: »
    20131115.png

Gunshow is a comic about why would you do that to a cat?
    Like meowschwitz in there

the cask of ameowntillado

• Options
    edited November 2013
    By the way, there was an episode of Gargoyles where Xanatos' wife turns into a werefox, andit's one of the coolest transformation sequences I've ever seen.

Sorry for low quality, it's the only version I can reasonably find.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJ6Y4qn3fLA

Goatmon on

• Options
    Gargoyles...it's...the coolest

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    swole werewife

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Darius123Darius123 Registered User regular
    Since we're talking about webcomics, lady werewolves, and anime, I figured I'd mention Paradigm Shift, which covers all three of those. Sample page:

UH4y71i.png

It's kind of slow-paced, and it only seems to update about once a month or so these days, but the archives are worth a read.

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    That one werewolf show with Lou Diamond Phillips had lady werewolves.

It wasn't a great show, and thus only made it one season (half a season?) but it's enjoyable enough if werewolves are your thing.

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    And now I'm thinking of that reality show with Lou Diamond Phillips and Blagojevich's wife and I only saw one episode and God it was bad.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular

I could be wrong?

Yeah dawww suggests cute

that aint cute

that just makes me want to give the little guy a big hug

This discussion has been closed.