As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bitcoin or Betacoin for retirement

tinwhiskerstinwhiskers Registered User regular
I am looking to start investing in crypto currency as a tool to retire early. I've narrowed it down to either going with the more established BitCoin or maybe trying to get on the ground floor of one of the other currencies. Betacoin is exactly such a currency. I figure I can clamp down and put about 20% of my gross away every year.

WHICH should I choose?

6ylyzxlir2dz.png

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Invest in Nissan Leafs, dude. No-fail scenario.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    Dogecoin
    300coin.png
    such currency

wow

much coin

• Options
    JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Starting Defense Place at the tableRegistered User regular
    what kind of capital do you have?

If you can afford to rent a mining pool, bitcoin has some viability left. If you're talking about home mining, something else that can use a bitcoin asic (which are flooding the market cheap) is a better small scale solution.

• Options
    XandarXandar Registered User regular
    I think tulip bulbs are a safer form of investment.

Bitcoin and these other crypto currencies are nothing but a speculative bubble and you would be ill advised to seriously invest in this. If you are well and truly convinced this is the wave of the future please just put 1-3% of your retirement savings into this.

I would suggest buying an index of funds and holding, just forget you even have them and keep regularly throwing in using the same strategy. Look for low/no fee funds. Research John Bogle / Vanguard if you want to understand why I say this.

OsokC8u.png
  • Options
    DjeetDjeet Registered User regular
    I am looking to start investing in crypto currency as a tool to retire early.

Are you joking?

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    A safer investment is to take your cash, and light it on fire. Then use the accompanying charcoal to filter water. Sell your "money filters" for more money than you burned.

You'd be better off investing in literally anything else, if this is a serious question.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    very clever

This discussion has been closed.