As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Misbehaving Technology: Woes

gad77gad77 Registered User regular
edited April 2007 in Games and Technology
I recently attained a set of wireless headphones for my amp which receives input from the computer. I really was looking forward to joining the elite few that hold the upper hand in all the online games (Poker, Hearts, Literati, WoW, CS, et-les-autre-jeux).

Everything was going well until I was in the midst of an STV ganking session when the transmitter quit sending signal and the headphones immediately produced an overwhelming blast of static. I managed to kill all the offending alliance at the moment without the vocal aid of my teammates, who unfortunately perished, but I was left with a sense of frustration that can only be produced by Misbehaving Technology. (If you're reading this wondering if I am capable of avoiding run-on sentence-spliced sentences I will tell you now that I am not and save your gramatically correct ego the hassle of enlarging).

The solution it seems is to unplug the transmitter and then promptly plug it back in. But the random timing of the outages is very frustrating (for my fallen comrades).

Possible causes I gesticulate range from the axis of my posture in contrast to the counter balance of the universe and that they are just another piece of monkey feces delivered by Circuit City to the common man (or sock puppet god in my case).

Another note on the phones of head is that they hurt my ears. I suppose my ears, which are capable of transmitting and receiving signals on their own, are fairly large but there is no reason why this should not be a design concern. Don't these people realize that we enlightened few will be using their products for hours, perhaps days, on end?

Anyone else with similar "drole" situations? (You are correct if you think that mine wasn't "drole").

Java-Based Pokemon Online - In Development
http://pokemon.ele-mentalfury.com/
gad77 on

• Options
    StigmaStigma Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    How about an X-Box 360 that crashes all the time no matter how many times you exchange it for another model at the store?
    Fucking DAMNIT how can something so nice be such a pain in the ass?

Stigma on
    YHWHYinYangblueblackblueborder.jpg
  • Options
    gad77gad77 Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    You sir have the linguistic stylings of a lemur hopped up on the fumes from scotch tape.

With this being said I wholly agree with your most fervent disapproval of Misbehaving Technology.

gad77 on
    Java-Based Pokemon Online - In Development
    http://pokemon.ele-mentalfury.com/
  • Options
    DarksierDarksier Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I got a logitech wireless mouse....it was so sweet that all my friends got one. But now when we LAN, we have to be sure no one's battery is sufficiently drained or else the person nearest starts having their mouse movements override the other's signal.

Darksier on
  • Options
    xWonderboyxxWonderboyx Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Darksier wrote: »
    I got a logitech wireless mouse....it was so sweet that all my friends got one. But now when we LAN, we have to be sure no one's battery is sufficiently drained or else the person nearest starts having their mouse movements override the other's signal.

That's just Mischievous Technology right there.

xWonderboyx on
    shark2.jpg
    XBL - Follow Freeman
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    solution (temporary)?

hardwire everything. if I can see where things go into each other, it makes things easier to fix.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    My PC never works at 100%. Once I fix something, something else breaks. Like right now, CRTL + ALT + delete doesn't work, and that's a big pain.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    djklaydjklay Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Stigma wrote: »
    How about an X-Box 360 that crashes all the time no matter how many times you exchange it for another model at the store?

Then you have to start to wonder if the problem is elsewhere. VERY rarely get 3/4 duds in a row, unless you're buying cheap stuff.

djklay on
  • Options
    ben0207ben0207 Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Our Sky box always switches on to QVC or one of the other shopping channels everytime you switch it on, regardless of what channel it was on previously

ben0207 on
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Eh. That's just annoying marketing I suppose.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on