As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Orphan [PHALLA]: Neolutionist Victory!

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
  • Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Debating between Zonugal and Mikey....

Going with MikeyCTS because of Z's vote for Kime

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Because day 1 Kime votes vindicate everybody, right?

I'm going to stick with Buddha73.

• Options
    Buddha73Buddha73 Registered User regular
    Not that it helps now i was seered last night and find clean. The seer's role name is Cosima Niehaus. I have been asked not to reveal anything else.

• Options
    Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    Buddha73 wrote: »
    Today 's your lucky day then @Zonugal cause MikeyCTS gets my vote do to the fact he too quiet.
    Do?

Buddha for being mafia as shit and butchering the English language.

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • Options
    @enlightenedbum

Now would be a good time to tell us who Felix Dawkins was, so we can determine whether Buddha just pulled that role name straight out of the character list (or got lied to).

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Lazy slackers can go find the Orphan Black wikia like everyone else has.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    The Orphan wiki is not adjusted to convey role information like your narration is.

Otherwise, it's Sarah Manning's one true friend vs. clone who discovered that she was owned by people or something.

discrider on
  • Options
    ... It's worse.
    Felix Dawkins appears to be Sarah Manning's one true friend and main confidante, whereas Cosima Niehaus is the sciencey clone, who is a book worm and researcher.
    Both possible seer flavour characters, although Felix could potentially be a mason instead with Sarah Manning?

• Options
    MikeyCTS then I guess.

• Options
    Buddha73Buddha73 Registered User regular
    Mikey CTS wrote: »
    Buddha73 wrote: »
    Today 's your lucky day then @Zonugal cause MikeyCTS gets my vote do to the fact he too quiet.
    Do?

Buddha for being mafia as shit and butchering the English language.

Sorry posting on my phone. Should have said due. But you can't edit vote post.

• Options
    Buddha73

• Options
    asdfasdfasdf

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Vote closed.

EDIT: Game's over.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AM5EYO5wWMA

^Me trying to shenanigan vote on wireless internet in a rainstorm at 4PM on Sunday 16/02/2014.

discrider on
  • Options
    Day 7 - Parts Developed In An Unusual Manner

"Not many of us left in the squad, Detective."
    "We have done an unusually shit job here, yes."
    "Who's left?"
    "Well, there's you, me, Buddha73, discrider, jdarksun, Jpants, Mikey CTS, and Zonugal. Though Zonugal didn't show up to work today. He called in sick."
    "The tips suggested we should arrest Buddha73 so we went ahead and brought him in. Discrider was the one that convinced us."
    "And?"
    "Discrider appears to have played us, sir. He was just another cop."
    "Shit."

"Yeah. Getting a couple calls now. The disappearances continued, with jdarksun and Jpants being tonight's victims. We're pretty sure they were, respectively, a cop and Cosima Niehaus, a Ph.D candidate at the University of Minnesota who has been in town for the last week or so for a conference."

"So what was this all about, anyway."
    "We've interrogated the Neolutionists we've caught, but they're not telling us anything about the motivations."

Meanwhile...

250px-Leekie.png

"Congratulations everyone! We've successfully hidden the experimental subjects with minimal casualties to both them and us. And we've prevented the authorities from discovering our experiments that they've so short sightedly proclaimed as being illegal. The future will be ours! Tails for everyone!"

Neolutionist victory!

The dead:
    Buddha73 - Toronto PD - shenanigan'd
    jdarksun - Toronto PD - disappeared without a trace
    JPants - Cosima Niehaus - disappeared without a trace

The surviving Neolutionists:
    Mikey CTS
    discrider

The living loser:
    Zonugal - Toronto PD

Thanks for playing everyone, role PMs and general thoughts upcoming.

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Seriously @JDarksun , what even was that.

discrider on
  • Options
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    One more mafia than expected, but I think also a slightly more powerful village with the copy-power power?

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    I'm probably going to jinx myself here, but I'll do it anyway.

I have never gotten this far in a phalla.

I am so excited and happy.

You forget so soon? You also made it to the end in this game and gave up playing on the last day here too

• Options
    Did you guys have a mason network at the beginning of the game? Or was that a mafia question that prompted that reply?

• Options
    That has got to be the most frustrating loss I've had in a while

• Options
    I have no idea of who most of the other nameds were. I was masoned with bedlam and turned out to be a better village vig than the actual village vig

• Options
    Neolutionist PMs:
    You are...

250px-Leekie.png

A Neolutionist! You believe that human intelligence can and should allow us to direct our own evolution through gene manipulation and cybernetic enhancement. Years ago, scientists who believe as you do cloned a pair of twins several times over to finally solve the nature vs. nurture debate. Now, the experiment has been put in danger as several of the subjects have turned up dead. You must recover all subjects and the original twins before they or the authorities discover what your organization has done.

Powers: Each night you may kidnap two players, removing them from the game.

Win Condition: The mafia is a majority of remaining players

The Neolutionists are: The Anonymous, kime, discrider, Trust, MrTLicious, and MikeyCTS
    Rachel Duncan is: Baidol

(Rachel Duncan is a named character in the mafia, you can trust Baidol)

You are...

250px-Rachel.png

Rachel Duncan! You are one of the clones of the Neolutionism project, but unlike the others, you were raised by believers and are now a member of their organization. You're attempting to recover your sisters to protect them from whoever or whatever has been killing them.

Powers (as part of the mafia): Each night the mafia may kidnap two players, removing them from the game.

Win condition: The mafia is a majority of remaining players
    The Neolutionists are: The Anonymous, kime, discrider, Trust, MrTLicious, and MikeyCTS

Helena PM:
    You are...

250px-Helena.png

Helena! You are the original. Raised by a convent in the Ukraine, you've become a devoted Christian and believe the cloning project of the Neolutionists is an affront go God. You have been trained to eliminate these abominations and will go to any length to do so. Also, you have a fondness for Jello.

Powers: Each night you may murder someone
    Win condition: You must survive, and every clone must be dead. Not a true serial killer role, but something similar.

Goodguy PMs:
    You are...

250px-Felix.png

Felix Dawkins! You were an orphan in London, but you were brought to Canada by your foster mother, Mrs. S, along with your foster sister, Sarah. You make your living in a variety of illegal ways (drugs, prostituting yourself, etc.) but want to be an artist. You're closest to your foster sister and are the only person she genuinely trusts.

Powers: Sarah is Phyphor
    Win condition: Eliminate all threats
    You are...

250px-Sarah.png

Sarah Manning! You were an orphan in London, but you were brought to Canada by your foster mother, Mrs. S, along with your foster brother, Felix. You're a con artist who has recently stolen a large amount of cocaine from your abusive boyfriend, Vic. Recently, you've seen a number of women who look remarkably like you in Toronto, and you're confused by the whole thing. The only person you really trust is Felix.

Powers: Felix is Bedlam
    Whenever a clone (a clone: any named character that is not Felix) dies, you can attempt to assume their identity and take any of their powers. This takes one night and over writes any previous identity you have attempted to assume.

(Best clone)
    You are...

250px-Alison.png

Alison Hendrix! You're a soccer mom who lives in the Toronto suburb of Scarborough. You married your high school sweetheart and live what looks like an idyllic life, except for your inability to have children naturally. However, you've adopted two kids and are as good of a mother as you can be for them. Lately though, you've been contacted by a woman who claims that the two of you share identical DNA and there are others... and this is causing you to stress out a little bit. And you... don't handle stress all that well.

Powers: You're a vig. Who kills with household items. Each night, PM me a person to kill and a ridiculous way in which you'd like them to be killed. (Show examples: glue gun, garbage disposal)

Win condition: Elimiante all threats
    You are...

250px-Cosima.png

Cosima Niehaus! Raised in San Francisco, your focus was always on academics. You graduated from Berkeley and are currently studying for a PhD in evolutionary developmental biology at the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis. You've recently been contacted by a woman that claims she, you, and at least one other woman are identical. While she won't reveal her name, this naturally piqued your curiosity and you started looking on you own...

Powers: You're a seer. Each night, PM me a name, and you'll get their role back.

You are...

250px-Beth.png

Elizabeth Childs! You're a detective with the Toronto police department. Recently, you've learned that someone is killing women who look shockingly like you and more recently you've been contacted by a German woman who claims that these women are in fact genetic copies of yourself. Investigating further, you discovered the organization behind the killings, and shot and killed one of their members, fabricating it as an accidental shooting.

Powers: You're a guard. Each night, PM me a name, and they'll be immune from the first attack directed their way. You cannot target yourself.

You are...

250px-Katja.png

[/b]Katja Obinger[/b] You're a German woman who has fallen ill with a serious lung disease. A number of women who look disturbingly similar to you have been murdered in Europe. You found another such woman in Toronto and have flown there to meet with her, but now bodies are showing up here too...

Powers: None, you're just a villager. Also a clone.

You are...

250px-Janika.png

Janika Zingler! You're an Austrian woman who has noticed a number of women who look disturbingly similar to you have been murdered in Europe. You found another such woman in Toronto and have flown there to meet with her, but now bodies are showing up here too...

You are...

250px-Danielle.png

Danielle Fournier! You're a French woman who has noticed a number of women who look disturbingly similar to you have been murdered in Europe. You found another such woman in Toronto and have flown there to meet with her, but now bodies are showing up here too...

You are...

250px-Aryanna.png

Aryanna Giordano! You're an Italian woman who has noticed a number of women who look disturbingly similar to you have been murdered in Europe. You found another such woman in Toronto and have flown there to meet with her, but now bodies are showing up here too...

• Options
    7 mafia and constant two kills was harsh though. We had to do one per day to stand a chance

• Options
    Phyphor's PM upon impersonating Helena. I didn't write all the potential PMs, but they were all going to be unique and I realllllllly wanted to write Alison's. As she's the best clone. Anyway, protagonist of the show gets superpowers, it's a flaw of mine.
    You walk into the apartment you've learned Helena was using. Hoooooooo boy, does she look nuts. There's a bible passage written in blood and underlined in a copy you find:

“For it was you who formed my inward parts; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.” (Psalm 139 13-14a)

You also find a knife with a fish shaped handle

ku-xlarge.jpg

and some bloody clothes. Looking around, you see photos and dossiers of a number of other women, all of whom look exactly like you. What the hell?

Slowly, you begin to put it together. All of you look exactly the same, you have birthdates within a few weeks of each other. Somehow... you must have been cloned. Reading the bible verse again, looking at the knife, you make your decision:

there can be only one.

New powers: You've gained a kill. PM me a target each night.
    New win condition: All of the clones must die except for you. You must survive until the end of the game and no other clones can also survive. Additionally, if Felix is killed, whichever group is responsible for his death must die as well. If it's the mafia, the entire mafia must be eliminated. If he's voted out, you become a traditional Phalla serial killer. If the vig kills him... the vig must die.

• Options
    I knew we should have done a rolecall. That would have been the easiest thing ever

• Options
    Phyphor wrote: »
    7 mafia and constant two kills was harsh though. We had to do one per day to stand a chance

I waffled on this, but felt like 6/31 would have been rough. 6.5 or waiting for a couple more players would have been ideal. Still, I think if the village offs discrider one of the many chances they had to do so, or if Rawkking had vig'd either him or jdark his last night alive, they would have had a really solid shot at this.

For the record, had Phyphor tried to impersonate Rachel Duncan he would not have joined the mafia.

• Options
    So much inactivity was really aggravating as well.

I complain, but I had a lot of fun with my real seer game! Thanks for running the game EB!

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Oh the village was bad. I was responsible for half of the mafia kills people

Though I was serial killer-lite and I do better at that than a true vig anyway apparently

Phyphor on
  • Options
    So thoughts: I've been trying to work out how to do this for a while (because I really do adore the show; and as I said in the OP, Tatiana Maslany is giving the best performance on TV; including Cranston) and eventually just settled on mostly vanilla with Sarah's power. For a while, I was going to make all the clones have some ability to impersonate the other clones with some kind of priority system, but I wanted to simplify and people were asking for a game to exist, so I did it this way with just Sarah having the chance. I was pretty happy with how that worked out, though I think I maybe should have made the effect instant and the power one shot. Like Sarah could gain a kill from Helena, Alison, a guard from Beth, and a seer from Cosima, and that's it. And not to change her win con. I dunno.

The additional blank clones were mostly for giving the person playing Sarah false leads and to make it so it wasn't super easy for Helena to have them all die by accident by like day three. And her win con was a small punishment for role calling. I probably also should have given the mafia some additional characters (for show watchers: Paul, Vic, Donnie, Delphine, Mrs. S, Kira, etc. to claim) in that eventuality.

• Options
    edited February 2014
    So, the entirety of the Mafia's communication was done in the role PM conversation, so I can post it/add people to that if people want.

discrider on
  • Options
    You would have to have given them more clones. Not a generic role call, a clone call. You actually put all of them in (as expected) and the only bad ones... are exactly as expected. Standard vig call, everybody talks to the vigs, sort out double claims and the clearly evil people with stabbings

• Options
    Thanks for running ebum!
    I'm not sure whether I should be playing though if all I can do is post when everyone's asleep after narration and then get tied to railroad tracks by JDark whilst I'm inactive.

• Options
    Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    Victory! Well played disc. That was a hell of a close game.

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • Options
    discrider wrote: »
    Thanks for running ebum!
    I'm not sure whether I should be playing though if all I can do is post when everyone's asleep after narration and then get tied to railroad tracks by JDark whilst I'm inactive.
    snide.jpg

• Options
    ecco the dolphinecco the dolphin Registered User regular
    Thanks for running the game, ebum!

=)

Being accused of mafia took me back to the old days.

Man, good to know that I'm still shifty and still unable to tell who mafia players are after all this time.

Penny Arcade Developers at PADev.net.
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
  • Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    I didn't realize I was important enough as a clone to tell that to RGG. I just told him I was a vanillager.

Still, I found it amusing I was voted out for actually trying to do real analysis on day 2.

• Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Thanks for running this, ebum.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227