As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Nevermind! Nothing to see here!

FleebFleeb has all of the fleeb juiceRegistered User regular
So here's the story. We have (had) a Cavalry NAS device, two 500gb drives raid 1 mirrored. As far as I can tell the NIC in the NAS died. Problem here is if I plug the drives into my pc (sata) I can see them in disk management, but they are not in any format recognized by Windows 7... I'm assuming they're EXT2 or 3. I can format the drives but that would destroy the data and that's what we want to save.

SO my current plan is to boot to a Linux cd of some sort and copy the data to another (fat32 or ntfs) drive so Windows can see the data. Problem being... I have no idea how to go about this. I'm downloading Knoppix 7.2 bootable dvd right now. But once that's burned I'm totally lost in the woods.

Has anyone done something like this before? Any advice would be HUGELY appreciated. We have some very old home movies from when our kid was a baby and we cannot loose these :(

Aaaand of course after I posted I figured out a better way. I can use Explore2fs to view the EXT2 drive in Windows, and can then copy to another drive.

Fleeb on