As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Can't stop the [PHOTO]

1373839404143»

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    It’s been incredible. And it’s interesting to see how the other photographers view the world. This one lady shoots NFL games and she went here to work on her landscapes; her street photography was amazing at today’s review session. Just shot after shot that I didn’t even remotely see. Her landscape photography is fine, nothing special. One guy with a drone knows how to use the hell out of it and his drone shots are incredible. One other guy is just an expert at creating a sense of depth his his telephoto landscape shots.

I hope folks share at the end of it, I feel like there are some really good eyes here.

• Options
    And a few more from yesterday, about half of them SOOC (not cropped or even leveled):

5p37i1jmvkfe.jpg
    daibksmikl2z.jpg
    hco5hp6rn1du.jpg
    0ze0ivujz7i9.jpg
    0wy8t13gjcnc.jpg
    8edoidp8wddc.jpg
    ipesax7wgni6.jpg
    6q4n0zsdw1zg.jpg
    rcmpm8kzhx90.jpg

• Options
    barcsbarcs ireland Registered User regular
    wonderful stuff!

• Options
    edited August 2023
    More artistic comps I feel are worth sharing:

9l0aje09t35y.jpg
    2g5eelci3620.jpg
    yodzcmhw07pi.jpg
    84gl37a611ko.jpg

fs91zhrvp8dz.jpg
    m9z8uerkmy0x.jpg
    4w4azg5m1rh8.jpg

aukrbkx4i82h.jpg
    l9d950l5qffm.jpg
    qhb3vfxz21f8.jpg
    2mybnl1c28rp.jpg
    s4wbty0bqzv9.jpg
    mrsd227j1jzw.jpg

c5xektlzy1i5.jpg

Orca on
  • Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    A photo thread! Hello!

After years of wanting a camera, I picked up a Canon EOS R7 last week. Here are some things I've taken.

lo7rl7n24sqe.jpg
    gsi44ddjkwfv.jpg
    uopvrmj4p98h.jpg

• Options
    TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    Cross-posting this from the LEGO-Thread in D&D.
    Hey, LEGO-Thread.

A few weeks ago I asked about some bits and pieces in here, mainly for a ladder and some checkered flags. You pointed me to Bricklink.

I needed those pieces for a photo-project I wanted to do. But it turned out, I didn't need them after all and was able to do it all with stuff I already had in my closet (for 30 odd years).

Story Time
    I quit my job and went freelance about 18 months ago. The main goal was to free up time to pursue my creative interests - writing, photography and building up a YouTube channel - while still earning enough money to live. So far, I have achieved that goal. Going freelance was a few months before my 45th birthday and since it was going well from the start, I started to make longer term plans. Namely, I looked at the next 5 years, and what I wanted to achieve until my 50th birthday.

I am a year into those plans and on numerous occasions had described it all with "There are some checkered flags on January 6th, 2028. They represent a variety of goals I want to have achieved by then".

Then the idea came to me to visualize that description and a few items came to mind - a rip off calendar and some LEGO minifigs running towards some checkered flags.

Because I didn't have the dimensions of the calendar in my head, espcially vis-a-vis the minifigs, I thought I needed a ladder, to have one of the minifigs climb up onto that calendar. Turns out, didn't need the ladder.

That is the story behind the following picture. After a lot of trial and error and some iteration of the idea, this is the final image.

iewmgpre3kfh.jpg

I already had a 400x500mm print delivered to me. Now all I need is a frame and a place on my walls to hang it up.
    The camera and the typewriter on those flags are actually on my shelves as well. The camera is from my dad and from 1965. I picked up the typewriter on a fleamarket a few years back.

lrbli1wfmvec.jpg

y4q1v54ku2w3.jpg