As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Finding foreign language books

Anarchy Rules!Anarchy Rules! Registered User regular
So my girlfriend would like to read more novels, the only problem is that she's Iranian. She's fluent in English, but finds it more enjoyable/relaxing to read in her mother tongue.

I've been looking at Persian translations of some of my favourite books (eg. Catch 22) and some classics (Jane Austen and the Brontes have been mentioned), but I can't for the life of me find any way to get hold of them (either hard-copys or e-books).

Any suggestions H&A?

• hsuhsu Registered User regular
    Can't help with Persian, but when I went looking for French novels and games, I had to use amazon.fr or amazon.ca. When I went looking for Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, it was the same, I had to use amazon.co.uk. They all ship overseas; you just have to be willing to pay the hefty premium.

iTNdmYl.png
  • CauldCauld Registered User regular
    I don't know where you're located, but I would second the online offerings. Even regular Amazon has a decent selection of foreign language books (there's a filter for language). Otherwise I would try the library, it might have some stuff depending on where you are. In NYC the libraries have a ton of foreign language books. Even back when I lived in MN I was surprised by the amount of books in other languages they had.