As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

probably need a new motherboard. help?

last night my pc was acting the fool. long story short, a few of the cpu socket pins ended up bent. with some natural light and asewing pin i have done what i can, but i'm not sure if it was enough. off to get some thermal paste so i can attempt the resocket.

there is every chance it won't work, and in that case i will need a new one. it's an msi p55a-g55, but those seem to be old hat and not in stock anymore. what else should i look for? don't want to break the bank, otherwise i'd just build something new. the $100-150 range is my limit.

i've got an i5 cpu, 3 or 4 sricks ddr3, and my n460gtx cyclone, plus a couple of hdds. don't think i'll be upgrading or replacing any of that unless something else breaks.

any help is appreciated.

Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
stream

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Not a lot of socket 1156 motherboards being made these days, that's three generations old by now, with the fourth generation coming up soon. You wil likely have to settle for whatever you can find, or bite the bullet and upgrade your CPU and mobo at the same time.