As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cleaning Super Slim PS3 - Safe to Use Compressed Air?

Red or AliveRed or Alive Registered User regular
Turns out that I left my SS PS3 open for 5 days and it's collected a fair amount of dust.

Now, it's working without any problems, but I want to give it a clean. Would it be safe to use a can of compressed air to get rid of the dust? I don't risk damaging the lens at all, do I?

• Options
    WezoinWezoin Registered User regular
    Recommended cleaning for the Super Slim PS3 is the top rack of your dishwasher. It was designed to be slimmer specifically so it could fit. Completely dishwasher safe. The other option is to get a baby bath tub and give it a bath with No Tears shampoo.

But honestly, should be fine for compressed air just keep your distance when spraying. My recommendation? Don't clean internals unless they're having issues. Wipe whatever dust you can see off the case with a cloth and leave it. If there was a lot of dust on the lens it would be having some kind of reading issue anyway so it can't be that bad.

• Options
    MovitzMovitz Registered User regular
    I give my computers, keyboards and whatever I feel like at the time a good workover with compressed air every now and then. I just unplug things and take them out on the balcony. It's air, it won't damage things (it might cause some momentary condensation which will look like ice for a few seconds though).