Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Death of a loved one

BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
I'm sitting beside my grandmother. She is laying in her bed, breathing raggedly and laboriously, eyes open but unresponsive. She's probably mostly unconscious. She is 94 years old, and was diagnosed with cancer half a decade ago, but until just a few months ago the tumor didn't appear to do much. She had been losing weight rapidly over the last year or so and lost her appetite, but other than that she seemed healthy. Now in the last few months the tumor suddenly metastasized and she seems to be at the end of her life. She is my last living grandparent, but the first that I have been with during the end. Just a week ago she could still mostly move around under her own power, and was capable of speech even if it was slurred and she was often confused. It is terrifying and sad to watch someone you have known your whole life gradually slip away.

BahamutZERO.gif
tynicPsykomaPlatyUrielchrishallett83MadEddyOne Thousand CablesKaplarfightinfilipinoQuidHermanoFyndirFearghaillZilla360AbsurdPropositionAngelinaCaptainNemoDaMoonRulzVeldrinSnicketysnickVegemyteToxYaYaRMS OceanicjgeisSCREECH OF THE FARGDevlin_Dragonus