As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Found an old Comic, How much is it worth?

Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
I found an Wizard Superman Tribute Edition in a plastic cover with a Superman card inside and I wanted to know how much it's worth. I see people on Ebay trying to sell it for $6 dollars but I can't believe it's only worth that much. Is there a better place to find out it's worth?

• Options
    FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Like this one?

It's worth all of about $2, comics from the 90's aren't really worth much.

Foomy on
    Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • Options
    DjeetDjeet Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    eBay is a pretty good place to find out how much you can get for something like this. Given the volumes produced in runs during the 90's very few of them have appreciated much unless it is a misprint. If you can find dozens of them unopened on eBay for single digits, then you're not going to get more than that unless you're selling to a very uninformed shopper.

Djeet on
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Ya, Wizard bonus promo's are for the most part not worth very much, they were in the height of the oversaturation of the market, and there were just SO many of them at all times , everywhere.

Mostly because they could avoid Diamond Distribution, so they were both in comic stores, grocery stores, gas stations, everywhere that had magazines basically.

But ya , pricing out comics from around 89-01 , is just a sad journey, my buddy recently priced out his mint Spawn 1-75, and it was less than a dollar an issue for the entire thing.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    Generally except for very specific issues, anything from the 80s on is going to be worth very little. You start to see things worth double digits per issue from the 60s and 70s, if it's still in good shape.

Overstreet Price Guide is usually what people go by. You can also check Mile High Comics or Mycomicshop for prices.

SrUxdlb.jpg