As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Amiibo] Chasing the Plastic Unicorn

• TairuTairu Registered User regular
    Eventually, the Super Mario line is probably going to succeed and replace the majority of the Smash line so yeah I wouldn't worry.

• McFlynnMcFlynn Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Yeah, and I got to thinking: Over the next two months of amiibos being released, he's the only one I want. Not like I have to try and budget for that.

Edit: I mean in March and April.

In related news, rumors point to March 20th for the Mario line and April 24th for Wave 4 of Smash.

McFlynn on
  • MolybdenumMolybdenum Registered User regular
    The number of amiibo I would probably have bought as impulse purchases if I passed them on shelves but now will not buy from ebay on principle is ever-increasing.
    The frustrating part is that Nintendo is still making their money either way, so aside from visions of additional profit there's not really much reason to re-issue anything.

Steam: Cilantr0
    3DS: 0447-9966-6178
  • -Abel--Abel- Registered User regular
    Taya wrote: »
    Today is the release date for Lucario in Canada but our store didn't get their shipment in. They gave rainchecks for the first 20 people in line.

I dropped by a Toys R Us at about 9:10 this morning and they were already sold out. I already ordered one from Germany so I wasn't too upset, but there were about 3 or 4 people who didn't get one who seemed pretty annoyed about waiting for the store to open and not being able to get one. Most of the anger seemed directed towards Nintendo and by a couple of parents there for their kids. This seems like a terrible way to make parents want to buy their children Nintendo products in the future. Though I suppose it didn't hurt Skylanders.

edited February 2015
    Are there like... super rare Skylanders? I know Disney Infinity has the crystal versions of certain characters.

Tairu on
    I don't know much about Skylanders, but I'd thought the first Christmas or two a number of them were impossible to find. Though they probably restocked them at some point in time.

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    10959536_342087702644474_9114953003358248189_n.jpg
    You can unlock music and character models using in-game tokens, which can be earned faster using StreetPass or tapping a Shulk Amiibo to the system!

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    At least the Shulk Amiibo only helps unlock music and character models. If he did much more people would probably get pretty upset (over his lack of availability).

Yeah, i'm really glad about his amiibo functionality. It is cool, but not cool enough that I feel bad about the thread title.

• RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    There's always hope for him to appear in X...
    *tap*

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Really hoping my Shulk, MM and Sonic Amiibo pre orders go through. The I gotta keep a pulse on the Wave 4 amiibo pre orders for Ness & Pac-Man. Then I gotta try and find Lucario & Meta Knight.

Man, these toys are stressful.

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
    Word on the internet:

It's been 8 days since Lucario's release, so any pre-orders not picked up at ToysRus should go back on the peg.

Some amiibo hunters have reported that some managers are choosing to hold Lucario for two weeks because they know how nuts this whole thing is.

Still, might wanna check your TRU today.

Also, they might have a 2 for $20 sale tomorrow.

edited February 2015
    McFlynn wrote: »
    Word on the internet:

It's been 8 days since Lucario's release, so any pre-orders not picked up at ToysRus should go back on the peg.

Some amiibo hunters have reported that some managers are choosing to hold Lucario for two weeks because they know how nuts this whole thing is.

Ugh, I was just at TRU last night, and don't want to go out there again. Maybe I'll just find a way to import him and MK?

Edit: Called them, and was told they had none. Not surprised.

Zython on
  • Emperor_ZEmperor_Z Registered User regular
    Eugh, I hate working. It inhibits my ability to jump on these amiibo opportunities like a rabid animal, and I know that I'll be beaten to the punch my other crazy people in my area.

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    My Toon Link just shipped!

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    Emperor_Z wrote: »
    Eugh, I hate working. It inhibits my ability to jump on these amiibo opportunities like a rabid animal, and I know that I'll be beaten to the punch my other crazy people in my area.

I'm getting pretty anxious, yeah. Amazon UK got the preorders, and typically they would start showing up everywhere else a few days after right? Except that the US is apparently the only place where the date for Wave 4 hasn't been revealed so who knows if the preorders are even going to be this week.

I just need to get Lucina, then i'll be happy... until Duck Hunt... oh and realistically i'm going to want Ness and the rest of the Fire Emblem characters. And Bowser Jr.

Fuck what have I become

• GrathGrath I'm a much happier person these days Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2015
    If you really really don't wanna wait for toad. you can buy him right now from gamestop.com (he was unavailable before but he's back again)

Grath on
    Zython wrote: »
    Word on the internet:

Ugh, I was just at TRU last night, and don't want to go out there again. Maybe I'll just find a way to import him and MK?

My nearest Best Buy is an hour away and its pretty shitty. I just pre-ordered an import MetaKnight because he's too high on my want list to mess with Best Buy. I did it with BBTS, but they sold out of pre-orders a while ago.

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Lucina is the only Amiibo I have to have. Because Lucina is the best and I need to have her in my game of Code Name S.T.E.A.M.

I wish Nintendo liked money more so it wasn't so aggravating to purchase them.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    10959536_342087702644474_9114953003358248189_n.jpg
    You can unlock music and character models using in-game tokens, which can be earned faster using StreetPass or tapping a Shulk Amiibo to the system!

So you don't need the Amiibo at all to unlock those goodies, it just helps you get them faster then?

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    That's what the wording sounds like

edited February 2015
    Word on the internet:

My nearest Best Buy is an hour away and its pretty shitty. I just pre-ordered an import MetaKnight because he's too high on my want list to mess with Best Buy. I did it with BBTS, but they sold out of pre-orders a while ago.

I'd rather import when I can get multiple amiibos/other shit to save on shipping costs. I'm looking for Japanese amiibos since there's an import game I want.

Zython on
    Word on the internet:

I'd rather import when I can get multiple amiibos/other shit to save on shipping costs. I'm looking for Japanese amiibos since there's an import game I want.

nippon-yasan.com and nin-nin-game.com do games and amiibos, but I've never used them.

Looks like nippon has MK right now and nin-nin has some on the way.

• OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    My wife wants Lucario and Rosalina but they both just had to be retailer exclusives so we've been screwed on finding either so far. I definitely don't want to pay scalper prices for them but it feels like both Target and TRU aren't getting restocks any time soon if at all.

Opty on
    My Shulk shipped! Now I don't need to buy anymore Amiibos!

Until the next one I want. :P

• skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »

Sweet, I just checked and mine did too! :)

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    skeldare wrote: »
    Shadowfire wrote: »

Sweet, I just checked and mine did too! :)

Same here.

• TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Opty wrote: »
    My wife wants Lucario and Rosalina but they both just had to be retailer exclusives so we've been screwed on finding either so far. I definitely don't want to pay scalper prices for them but it feels like both Target and TRU aren't getting restocks any time soon if at all.

Lucario is up on Amazon UK right now. I just ordered Ike from them, about $20 after currency and int shipping.

• skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    I'd be surprised if you couldn't find anything other than the commons.

Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    Toad is up for Gamestop preorder online if anyone cares.

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
      Gamestop keeps telling me they cannot pre order the Amiibos
      I want to turn the computer around and show him wrong

• KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
      edited February 2015
      TimFiji wrote: »
      Toad is up for Gamestop preorder online if anyone cares.

Totally pre-ordered Toad and Bowser.

There definitely seems to be a consensus on what the cool characters are.

Krathoon on
    • Niceguyeddie616Niceguyeddie616 All you feed me is PUFFINS! I need NOURISHMENT!Registered User regular
      edited February 2015
      Just got Mario and Bowser from the 2 for $20 sale. That puts me at 9 amiibos.

I was only gonna buy Link and Samus when they came out.

Nintendo what have you done to meeeeee

Niceguyeddie616 on
    • AgahnimAgahnim Registered User regular
      Preordered Sonic and Megaman back in december at Gamestop, but now it doesn't even appear in my order history and the order confirmation gives me an error message. Am I going to have to harass a few gamestop customer service employees now?

2.jpg
      3DS FC: 2148-8300-8608 WiiU: AgahnimD
      The Robin preorder went back up on Amazon.co.uk for about 3 seconds and it's gone

Agahnim wrote: »
      Preordered Sonic and Megaman back in december at Gamestop, but now it doesn't even appear in my order history and the order confirmation gives me an error message. Am I going to have to harass a few gamestop customer service employees now?

I've never gotten the order history page to work right. I usually have to check the status as a guest, and even then I have to enter the info three or four times.

• BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
      I got Bowser. The only one I really, truly wanted. I'm up to 12 amiibos now :/

Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
      I told myself Little Mac was the only one I had to have

I was wrong

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
      Tairu wrote: »
      The Robin preorder went back up on Amazon.co.uk for about 3 seconds and it's gone

Well time to be aggressive to a game stop employee about wave 4 now

This discussion has been closed.