Options

King Joffy's all-new Game of Thrones thread.

BroloBrolo BroseidonLord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
edited February 2015 in Social Entropy++
I'M BACK MOTHERFUCKERS.

bqwMICz.jpg
Did you really think you could live without the one true king of Westeros?

jQVIQCE.jpg
Season 5, back in April!

r2GTXgV.jpg
This is where shit will start to get hairy with spoilers, so as YOUR RIGHTFUL KING, I demand the following or I WILL CALL for MY MOTHER:

ryROdDW.gif
1) Please mark spoilers as being either for the BOOK or for the SHOW. Spoilers also include things like hints about plotlines from casting info, actor's instagram feeds, and really anything that will give away plot stuff that hasn't been published/on tv for the current book/season. It's spoileriffic!

d8b6r6L.gif
2) Obviously, no posting warez-download links for show stuff. HBO go is easy and fast and probably available in a country near you.

BOOK 3/SEASON 4:
FP1g8Cf.gif
3) DO NOT KILL THE KING! QUIT IT!










Brolo on
«134567101

Posts

  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    That is a season 4 spoiler, Your Dudeness

  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    OFF WITH YOUR HANDSOME HEAD

  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    oPPBQml.gif

  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I'm really digging the Telltale game.

    I really should have known better, but
    Ethan's death still totally caught me off guard.

  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    So who wants to see the Mountain break a world record by lifting a 1,410 lbs. log and taking five steps?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpUrXJNcS_8

  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Gat damn, Hafthór is huge

  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    He's more like a Fullthor
    Maybe a Thorandahaf

  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    So, does that mean he's officially the king of the vikings now?

  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Watching the Giants of Iceland documentary by Vice

    Hadn't realized how strong that subculture was there

  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    He's more like a Fullthor
    Maybe a Thorandahaf
    Congratulations, Graham

    you have stolen a Jeff Dunham joke

    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    What

  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    What business does Jeff Dunham have even knowing about anyone named Hafthor

    Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    His latest DVD had him travelling around the world and he hung out with Hafthor, like the one from GoT and made that joke

    the trailer was on our reel at work for like 3 months

    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    guys guys Kevan's back

    everyone get hyped for me complaining endlessly about how they ruin his scenes

  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    His latest DVD had him travelling around the world and he hung out with Hafthor, like the one from GoT and made that joke

    the trailer was on our reel at work for like 3 months

    In my defense, what were the fucking odds

  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    It was a paid programming thing that was put on TV at 1:30 AM ET by the current rights holder on the very last possible day they could hold the rights without having any actual work to show for it (IE if they hadn't put that abomination on air they'd lose the rights). Now they have legal standing to say "we're working on it" even if its a pile of garbage.

  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    His latest DVD had him travelling around the world and he hung out with Hafthor, like the one from GoT and made that joke

    the trailer was on our reel at work for like 3 months

    In my defense, what were the fucking odds

    Puppet Ghost'd

    koskeghost2sm.jpg?w=547

    NeoToma on
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    It was a paid programming thing that was put on TV at 1:30 AM ET by the current rights holder on the very last possible day they could hold the rights without having any actual work to show for it (IE if they hadn't put that abomination on air they'd lose the rights). Now they have legal standing to say "we're working on it" even if its a pile of garbage.

    It's a shame. For what it was, Billy Zane wasn't half bad.

    FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Re-watching some of the earlier episodes I have to say Jack Gleeson is one of the best performances in the show by far

    he steals the scene, every time he's there

  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Solar wrote: »
    Re-watching some of the earlier episodes I have to say Jack Gleeson is one of the best performances in the show by far

    he steals the scene, every time he's there

    Suckup.

    (He's pretty good)

    Ilpala on
    FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    Re-watching some of the earlier episodes I have to say Jack Gleeson is one of the best performances in the show by far

    he steals the scene, every time he's there

    Charles Dance dude.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk5hKomP4MA

    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Yeah but we know Charles Dance is good

    they gave that script to an inexperienced teenager and he made it work, right from the start

  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    that's fair

    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    I finished reading A world of Ice and fire and I've decided that I am so much more interested learning more about Sothoryos and east of the bone mountains than westeros/free cities/slavers bay.
    It would have been the easiest thing for Martin and the other writers to come up with uninteresting shit for the rest of the world, but the info and backstory for those regions is just super damned cool.
    Also succeeded in making Ashaii even cooler.


    And finally, a picture of the Twins looking much more impressive than they did in the show, which shows the Frey's degree control over the crossing much more effectively than the show did. Looking at the shows' Twins I just think "That's what we're supposed to believe can stop an army of 18000, let alone allowed the Freys to hold the crossing for 600 years?"

    Show Twins:
    Twins_close.jpg
    The-Twins-Second-Sons.jpg
    Book Twins:
    20150213_125908_zpsilrvulwh.jpg

    Psykoma on
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    As a tv peasant, is this the season where we catch up to the books and then ascend to the throne, amongst the wailing and gnashing of teeth of book readers who are now terrified of spoilers?

    Or is that next season?

    I always kind of figured they would take a year off to let GRRM write, but those kids ain't growing up any slower I guess.

  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Ceno wrote: »
    As a tv peasant, is this the season where we catch up to the books and then ascend to the throne, amongst the wailing and gnashing of teeth of book readers who are now terrified of spoilers?

    Or is that next season?

    I always kind of figured they would take a year off to let GRRM write, but those kids ain't growing up any slower I guess.
    Bran and Sansa are up to date to the end of the final book. (Sansa is actually probably further ahead - book sansa isn't 'revealed' to the lords of the vale yet)
    The others are at the beginning of their final book stories.

    This season will probably mostly catch up the rest of the characters.
    Like last season with the Whitewalker scene, there will probably be a few non-book sourced scenes, but I would look to season 6 to get a serious amount of new non-book content.

    Psykoma on
  • Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    I mean, I fully expect Season 7 of the show to be out before TWOW is released, so it is just a matter of whether they get into WOW stuff this season or not.

    And the show will be over before Dream of Spring is even close to release. Though given all the ADWD sideplots that show seems to be dropping, there will still be plenty of interesting stuff in those books even if the show wraps up all of the main plots.

  • Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Also, GRRM apparently gave an interview where he says (book and show spoilers):
    Someone will die in the show this season that is not dead in the books so far.

    I'm trying to think of some candidates, but my list of possible people that would be interesting to kill is pretty short. Brienne? Robyn Arryn? Tormund?

    a5ehren on
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    a5ehren wrote: »
    Also, GRRM apparently gave an interview where he says (book and show spoilers):
    Someone will die in the show this season that is not dead in the books so far.

    I'm trying to think of some candidates, but my list of possible people that would be interesting to kill is pretty short. Brienne? Robyn Arryn? Tormund?

    HODOR

  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    a5ehren wrote: »
    Also, GRRM apparently gave an interview where he says (book and show spoilers):
    Someone will die in the show this season that is not dead in the books so far.

    I'm trying to think of some candidates, but my list of possible people that would be interesting to kill is pretty short. Brienne? Robyn Arryn? Tormund?
    That's happened with other characters already, like one of Dany's bloodriders died in S2 but was still alive at the end of book 5.

    It could be someone as relatively minor as Missandei even.

    But I don't think Robyn Arryn is long for this world.
    Biggest death shock possible would be one of the dragons

  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Ilpala wrote: »
    Goose! wrote: »
    It was a paid programming thing that was put on TV at 1:30 AM ET by the current rights holder on the very last possible day they could hold the rights without having any actual work to show for it (IE if they hadn't put that abomination on air they'd lose the rights). Now they have legal standing to say "we're working on it" even if its a pile of garbage.

    It's a shame. For what it was, Billy Zane wasn't half bad.

    Well they could've gone with picking a way to pronounce Shai'tan.

    But obviously nobody there gave a single shit except maybe Billy Zane.

    sig.gif
  • Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    Show death speculation:
    Jorah Mormont

    vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    I'm thinking Jaime.

    sig.gif
  • Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular

    Shireen, Grey Worm, Barristan, Jon this season

    there are rumors that Bronn will die instead of Arys but I think too many people like Bronne

    J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    fRAWRst wrote: »

    Shireen, Grey Worm, Barristan, Jon this season

    there are rumors that Bronn will die instead of Arys but I think too many people like Bronne

    That last thing you said tips the scale significantly in the favor of that character.

    The death scale.

    Also (BOOK SPOILER)
    Jon wouldn't be "someone who doesn't die in the books". Because he died in the books.

    sig.gif
  • Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    while yes, its not like he is a plot driven character. Bronn had very few scenes written for him, but he was so good they wrote him more. Same with Ros the whore in season1-3. I guess her death doesn't bode well for him.

    so yeah he probably dies in Dorne

    as for Jon, thats debatable/semantics, as he only felt the cold "what people say they feel when white walkers are approaching"


    EDIT: also Maester Aemon seemed to be the person Melissadre was burning in the trailer. Guess they may push kings blood instead of Mance's no child in show

    fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    while yes, its not like he is a plot driven character. Bronn had very few scenes written for him, but he was so good they wrote him more. Same with Ros the whore in season1-3

    but yeah sure, he could die too

    as for Jon, thats debatable/semantics, as he only felt the cold "what people say they feel when white walkers are approaching"

    You just tried to sell me on a character's survival by citing a character that was killed off.

    (BOOKS)
    And Jon is dead as of the end of DWD. Nobody believes he's permanently dead, but he was stabbed in the back and died there. There is so little debate about this.

    sig.gif
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    while yes, its not like he is a plot driven character. Bronn had very few scenes written for him, but he was so good they wrote him more. Same with Ros the whore in season1-3

    but yeah sure, he could die too

    as for Jon, thats debatable/semantics, as he only felt the cold "what people say they feel when white walkers are approaching"

    You just tried to sell me on a character's survival by citing a character that was killed off.

    (BOOKS)
    And Jon is dead as of the end of DWD. Nobody believes he's permanently dead, but he was stabbed in the back and died there. There is so little debate about this.

    BOOK SPOILER
    I think it has actually been spoiled that he is a PoV character in the next book so

This discussion has been closed.