As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Podcasts] Do you guys like gelato? I do. I could go for one of those right now.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    That dumb "totally eat that" maximum fun series got funded

but barely

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Artreus wrote: »
    We do that waaayyy too often at my place of business.

But also fuck you if I look you straight in the eyes, say "Steve?" quite clearly, and you nod and take the fucking bag when your name is Adam, and Steve is over there not listening for his order

I am always amazed by this shit. Hand off an iced latte on the bar, call out that it's for Dave. Person asks if its their drink. I ask them if there name is Dave. They say no. Well then no it ain't your fucking drink then is it? Turns out they got a hot drink even.

People are oblivious.

Everybody always, always assumes their order is next even, or especially if there are 20 people who are standing there in front of them

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Those 20 people are obviously just hanging out.

• Options
    Langly wrote: »
    i could not disagree with the brothers more today re:a restaurant fucking up.

if they bring you the wrong food, they done fucked up. that's it.

in the service industry, that's just something you have to deal with.

Also like

their idea seems to be that if you don't eat it they'd give it to someone else

I don't

I don't think that's how that works is it

Once they give it to the wrong person that's already a sunk cost

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Artreus wrote: »
    Artreus let me give you a scenario

There is a gentleman you have just sat down next to

You do not know him.

He pulls out a vaping thing and you look at it

He takes that as an invitation to tell you the wattage, the type of liquid used, the fact that he tweaked it to run hotter than intended and that he almost burned it out but its cool he thinks he got the kinks out oh also my vaper is competition grade and I've won awards for my vaping and

I am skeptical as to this persons existence

Seems a little straw-manny?

I mean. I don't particularly care either way?

I just don't find it funny when the guys rail on about it the way they do. I just shrug

Also vaping is far more harmless than anime

from someone living in the san fran bay area: yes, this happens all the fucking time

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular

Also like

I don't

Yeah if a customer has come even close to touching that food it is going into the garbage can

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular

Also like

I don't

yup, if we gave someone the wrong food, once it touches the table it is garbage.

• Options
    unless i literally just like, took the plate off the tray, put it down, and they were like, this isn't mine, then I could pick it up and take it to the right table.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Honestly, most restaurants I've been to where they screwed up my order just let me keep the screwed up one too, because they literally can't do anything with it anyway. Yeah, the customer ends up getting two meals for the price of one, but that's literally the cost of screwing it up. The only fault I can possibly attribute to that question-asker is not at least letting the server know it was the wrong order, and even that is just a courtesy thing so they don't, you know, wander around looking for the owner of this actual cheeseburger later.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Someone else take the plunge on CBB because I need to talk about the not 1, not 2, not 3, but four crazy plot twists in Harris' movie theatre bj story.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular

Also like

I don't

I think the "no this is mine now" bit is more for laughs

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Someone else take the plunge on CBB because I need to talk about the not 1, not 2, not 3, but four crazy plot twists in Harris' movie theatre bj story.

I listened to it hours ago!

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular

They've been pretty wrong a lot lately. Last week they said that Lost was purgatory!!!

I may never listen to them again.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Time for another one of my sporatic plugs, I suppose!
    We just posted the second episode of our 5th edition playtest. Our GM made some minor tweaks to it, but we had a good time with it!
    (This is using the basic rules PDF that came out last year before the books were released. HP is super low, Wizards are OP, and I am full of godawful ideas that somehow end up working!

Anyway the link is in my signature, or you can click this thing here right here click it
    And if you are using an rss reader for things, this is a link you can click right here

As always, comments and criticisms (as long as they're constructive) are welcome and appreciated.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    SyphonBlue wrote: »

They've been pretty wrong a lot lately. Last week they said that Lost was purgatory!!!

An exhaustive list of Things lost was: A boring tv show.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    @langly took me to a MBMBAM website

yes

yes it did

because justin now owns teengoogle.com

I tried going to teengoogle.com and

teengoogle.png

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    @Rankenphile What don't you like about Pete Holmes?

He seems super disingenuous to me, I think. I don't know if that's it, specifically, but there's something about his demeanor, his enthusiasm that feels super forced and over eager to please, to me. He reminds me of Chris Hardwick when he gets like that, or Jimmy Fallon, in that he isn't bringing his own unique talent as much as he's trying to be overly enthusiastic about his guest in order to disguise his own insecurity or inferiority instead of just being a good listener and insightful interviewer.

I'm probably reading way more into it than is actually there and the real answer is "he's annoying and laughs at his own shit too much", though.

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    I think Rank would have an anyurism if he tried to listen to one of the Holmes/TJ/Garlin episodes of DLM

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    @langly took me to a MBMBAM website

yes

yes it did

because justin now owns teengoogle.com

I tried going to teengoogle.com and

teengoogle.png

hahahahahahaha

• Options

Well, they're not experts, and only one of them is even possibly a sexpert, so I'm not sure what you were expecting.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

Also like

I don't

I think the "no this is mine now" bit is more for laughs

Not gonna lie, I would never order a salmon burger (which, I'd need clarification on this, but unless the salmon is ground up and pattified, is not a burger), but if one was accidentally delivered to me, I would absolutely eat it. And then tell the server about the mix-up and take the actual cheeseburger I ordered as well because I hate to see food go to waste.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    The salmon can be made into a patty but if it is or isn't varies from place to place.

• Options
    What are our feelings on Mushroom Burgers

they're just sandwhiches, not burgers right

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular

disagree

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    If it is not ground and formed into a patty, it is not a burger, is my general rule

That said, there ain't nothing wrong with a burger style sandwich, but it is not a proper burger

• Options
    edited February 2015

I tend to distinguish more by the type of bread, personally. If it's on a hamburger bun go call it a burger.

Is that just like, just a burger with mushrooms and no meat? Can't see myself eating that over one with mushrooms and meat, personally.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    But theres no patty!

Its just a mushroom in a bun!

• Options
    But theres no patty!

I mean, if I was the one naming it I'd call it a "poor arrangement of food" or something.

If I saw something on the menu, unless it specifically was labeled vegetarian, called a mushroom burger and it did not come with a patty I would feel duped. Of course if I ordered a mushroom sandwich and it came on a hamburger bun I'd be puzzled.

Just going to say that it is a dumb combination of food and shouldn't be on a menu anyway.

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Why would you grind up the amazing flaky texture of a piece of salmon anyways

• Options
    captaink wrote: »
    Why would you grind up the amazing flaky texture of a piece of salmon anyways

To mix it with a bunch of other delicious stuff, mostly. It's not my favorite way to eat salmon personally but it can add some fun variety.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    i like seafood a lot but salmon's never done it for me

• Options
    But theres no patty!

I mean, if I was the one naming it I'd call it a "poor arrangement of food" or something.

If I saw something on the menu, unless it specifically was labeled vegetarian, called a mushroom burger and it did not come with a patty I would feel duped. Of course if I ordered a mushroom sandwich and it came on a hamburger bun I'd be puzzled.

Just going to say that it is a dumb combination of food and shouldn't be on a menu anyway.

This is a pretty widespread thing that a lot of people really like

I don't think its dumb I just don't think the name is particularly accurate

but yes I'm talking about something like this:

grilled-portobello-mushroom-burgers.jpg

• Options
    i like seafood a lot but salmon's never done it for me

It's probably my favorite fish for sushi.

Probably. There's lots of good choices.

• Options
    Wait, Eel is a fish.

Never mind.

It's eel.

• Options
    But theres no patty!

This is a pretty widespread thing that a lot of people really like

I don't think its dumb I just don't think the name is particularly accurate

but yes I'm talking about something like this:

grilled-portobello-mushroom-burgers.jpg

Yeah, that's just a sandwich. Kind of like how ham/chicken/fish patty sandwiches are sometimes served on hamburger buns, but they don't call them "burgers" (which, in the case of ham patties, seems almost unfair).

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    I am disinclined to argue about what is or isn't a burger because I would rather just be eating some burgers

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular

They're garbage

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

They're garbage

Judgy Ghost

This discussion has been closed.