As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Camp Comic] Friday, March 6, 2015 - Uncharted Territory

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited March 2015 in Camp Weedonwantcha

image[Camp Comic] Friday, March 6, 2015 - Uncharted Territory

Uncharted Territory

Uncharted Territory

http://campcomic.com/comic/188

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• AlernetAlernet Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    oh good that cool kid's leg healed

Alernet on
  • Mach TwelveMach Twelve Registered User new member
    So this where Jack from Lord of the Flies lives. Hope the pigs had the sense to move to another part of the forest.

Also, found the kitty

• mattlohkampmattlohkamp Registered User regular
    that tree fort is a few silhouettes and a spider monster (puppet) away from being LIMBO territory.

• Dark JaguarDark Jaguar Registered User regular
    Gotta say, I'm pretty sure Seventeen is wrong on this one. Making a map is a good thing, and exploring outside the camp is ALSO a good thing. I can't really figure out how it could go any other way, unless we're going by fairy tale rules where kids get punished for rather insane "crimes" like trying to stay fed.

That said, I'm not sure the map itself is going to be very readable. :D

• cyberNurglecyberNurgle Registered User regular
    Seventeen in the first panel.

• metfanscmetfansc Registered User regular
    Kangaroo Seventeen is my favorite part of this comic. Still loving this storyline.

• AntonNULAntonNUL Registered User regular
    A) Found the kitty.

B) Seventeen in the second panel is adorable.

C) I love the detail in the pencil, especially since it shows that he has no eraser

D) They're good as dead.

• whigwamwhigwam Registered User regular
    Here, There Be Lumpies.

• SynorbsSynorbs Registered User regular
    Seventeen in the first panel is adorable, same with the second. However for me the first one is the ticket.

I am hopeful Malachi proves to be a competent cartographer. A map of Camp Weedonwantcha is high on my list of fan service wants.

• GrettGrett Registered User regular
    The skull in the last panel looks like a reference to Hannah's story in the Eyrewood! http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/story/the-tithe-part-nine

• streeverstreever Registered User regular
    Hello, hello.
    I would pay a non insubstantial amount of money for an attractive digital map of Camp Weedonwantcha. I'd pay more for a nice print version. Does everyone else agree?

p.s. the submit button is blue & black now! What the hey?

• Wait a minuteWait a minute Registered User regular
    Are you telling me that that kid is waiting at the outhouses because the other 4 are all in use? Or is the one he's waiting for just his favorite and it's the only one he uses? Cuz I'll be honest, I always have toilet preferences

"The skull in the last panel looks like a reference to Hannah's story in the Eyrewood!"

I think that's supposed to be the skull that Tanner/Purdy wore when they scared off the mountain lion. But yeah, it does look a lot like the Eyrewood monster as well.

• AdarnAdarn Registered User new member
    Love that the pencil has no eraser (panel 4). You have an amazing eye for detail, Katie.

• Sensei Le RoofSensei Le Roof Registered User regular
    @Wait a minute
    He could just be chillin'.

• KestralbKestralb Registered User regular
    I thought none of the outhouses had doors anymore after the bonfire. =P

• GrendusGrendus Registered User regular
    @Wait a Minute: That's Poostar from comic 45. Judging by his name, he probably lives at the latrines.

• plato360plato360 Registered User regular
    poor Brian, in the briar patch without any shoes!

• treeflamingotreeflamingo Registered User regular
    I love how Malachi walks, like his body has a hard time keeping up with his head.

• BonaventureBonaventure Registered User regular
    I don't mean to be all "me too!" but... that missing eraser, amirite? I just can't get over the amount of detail and artistry that goes into every one of these comics.

Katie is one of the most talented webcomic artists working -- I really mean that, and I follow a metric ton of 'em -- and I look foward to every single strip. I wish I could afford to back the Kickstarter at any physical-product level! A bit #sadface about that, but I don't know anything about publishing costs, and it's cool.

Brian is my spirit animal. I can't wait to learn more about his circumstances, yet I am deeply pleased by how much mystery continues to surround him.

steam_sig.png
  • NuurgleNuurgle Redmond, WARegistered User regular
    Not to poo-poo anyone, but the missing eraser has been an ongoing thing since the start of Chapter 2 with comic 182. I like to think it this year's hidden cat (in addition to the hidden cat, which can never go away).

• StarvingGeckoStarvingGecko Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Among the usual plethora of minor details, I love how Seventeen's entire body and part of her hair is still entirely mud-stained beyond the second panel. Also, Brain is not merely marching through the briar patch with Seventeen under cover, he is doing it with BARE FEET. That makes me hurt thinking about it.
    And now we're back in Purdy's domain - what mischief is to be afoot back in the canopy?

StarvingGecko on
  • ZZ_ChopsZZ_Chops Registered User regular
    Oh please oh please oh please tell me you're making this map for realsies?

• MolePlayingRoughMolePlayingRough Registered User new member
    If all this is leading up to the map being all scribbles Imma be real mad, mate.

• JamesMasonJamesMason Registered User regular
    Tree~ people. Tree~ people. Look like tree. Talk like people. Tree~ people. Tree~ people.

• SargeSarge Registered User regular
    Without a compass, sextant, ruler, level, clock, orienteering skills or other maps I'm betting that this map will be of little to no purpose. NO, scratch that, it's purpose is to amuse and entertain us. Carry on.

• rednightmarerednightmare Registered User regular
    Wait, is that a Lookouts/Thornwatch reference above the kitty?

• cmgreenecmgreene Registered User regular
    : )

• Mr Fish 86Mr Fish 86 Registered User regular
    Oh God! Brian's barefoot in the briar patch?? AHH!

• cubbylostboycubbylostboy Registered User regular
    But... but... it's Tuesday, right? Did I miss the memo about no update today? *sigh* I know this whole thing is the fault of daylight savings time.

• KatieJRiceKatieJRice Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    But... but... it's Tuesday, right? Did I miss the memo about no update today? *sigh* I know this whole thing is the fault of daylight savings time.

Daylight savings time certainly didn't help! But mostly it was a delayed flight back from Boston for PAX that did me in. I'm working on the comic now! And there WILL still be two updates this week! :]

Sorry about the delay!

KatieJRice on
  • cubbylostboycubbylostboy Registered User regular
    Ahhhh, I can totally understand that. No worries and thanks very much for the update!