As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Washington Naval Treaty [Megagame]

ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
In November of 1921, nine countries gather together in hopes of preventing a naval arms race. The goal of the treaty was to fix the size of the each participant's navy by total ships and provide weight limits for each ship class based on tonnage. It was hoped that this would provide a stable equilibrium to keep tensions between countries from rising. As well as military concerns, there were political ones as well. Tensions between the US and the UK based on the UK's Naval Treaty with Japan. What would happen to China? Should the Soviets be included as a power in the Pacific? How would Japan react to be included among the major naval powers? What Naval bases would be allowed to be built? What impact would those Naval bases have on trade?

Teams will be assembled to represent Great Britain, China, the US, Italy, France, Japan and the Press. Each team will have a head delegate with the exception of the Press. Then at least one political delegate and one military delegate with the exception of China who doesn't get a military delegate and the Press who may if they so chose nominate a bartender. There will be two umpires. Myself and Elldren. Elldren will be acting as the Home Office of each country as well as lesser powers or other countries roped into this. I will be acting as political and military umpire. If there are questions about facts or doctrines that would be known to you, I will answer those questions. Each team will have a PM thread created for it. Included in the each PM will be Elldren and myself. We will then have a main thread. This thread will include Plenary sessions. Committee of the Whole for military and political groups. Subcommittee sessions for those various groups. If needed, subcommittee sessions can be moved to PM if there is a need to exclude the press. The Press will post in the same thread.

Each post in the thread should start with with the exception of the press:

Kind of Meeting you're making the statement to: subcommittee, committee of the whole, plenary
Who you are:
What country you are with:

For the Press:
Headline
Byline

Informal meetings will occur via PM. These do not require an umpire.

We will be using the free rules and materials provided by Megagame Makers UK.

Players Handbook

I will provide briefing materials for countries after the teams are formed. This thread will represent OOC commentary, sign ups and out of game things. When the game starts, I will provide the thread for meetings. I will be forming teams randomly. I will be using critical for that. Critical is famed for being programmed to emulate the humor of a five year old. With very, very few exceptions all roles will be assigned randomly. If you hate the French and end up as one, just remember there is a computer program emulating a snicker at your frustration. Roll with it.

One thing to note. You all are going to be representing professional diplomats and military professionals. Some of your fellow players may be playing shitheads. It's a game. Don't take it personally. Note that beyond the silly goose rule, professional diplomats just don't publicly call each other shitheads no matter how much a statement of fact it may be.

Every three days shall represent one week. You will be expected to follow a moderately high level of posting. If this is a problem, then this may not be a game for you. Feel free to take on the role of the public and post in the OOC thread like the article reading public will see. If there are further questions, feel free to post in this thread.

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Sounds interesting. I'm down.

• Options
    DPBoundyDPBoundy Registered User new member
    As the author of this Megagame, I am fascinated and pleased to see it being used. If I can help, let me know (either through this forum, or via the Megagame Makers web site). I shall be interested to see how the game plays in this way (it has been face to face on the previous runs). In fact, it would be great if you'd get in touch anyway.

• Options
    RchanenRchanen Registered User regular
    I am in as well.

• Options
    RchanenRchanen Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    If I play on team America, do I get to read all of team Japan's internal correspondence?
    :P

Rchanen on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    DPBoundy wrote: »
    As the author of this Megagame, I am fascinated and pleased to see it being used. If I can help, let me know (either through this forum, or via the Megagame Makers web site). I shall be interested to see how the game plays in this way (it has been face to face on the previous runs). In fact, it would be great if you'd get in touch anyway.

I'm kind of curious to see how it will run as well.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Yeah, sure let's do this.

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    I'd be down

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    This sounds interesting

• Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    Sign me up, this sounds great.

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    I am working through the handbook now, but consider this my official signup.

I am intrigued.

• Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    I'm interested, yet intimidated.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
  • Options
    DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    This looks incredibly interesting but there's no way I'd be able to keep up. I'll definitely read along though.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Daedalus wrote: »
    This looks incredibly interesting but there's no way I'd be able to keep up. I'll definitely read along though.

Me too. I am an interested party but without the spare brain resources to devote.

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    Yeah, this looks cool but this month is the end of the semester so I definitely can't commit to the schedule. I applaud the hubris, though!

• Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    Noice.

Sure. I'm in.

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    if there are roles that are less tightly scheduled I'd like to play, but like mr^2 I can't commit

I dunno, maybe angry letter writer to one of the press? :rotate:

aRkpc.gif