Options

CD/DVD burning software

SzechuanosaurusSzechuanosaurus Registered User, ClubPA regular
edited April 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
So it used to be that if I stuck a blank CD in my DVD drive that Windows would be happy to let me copy and burn files to it without any fancy software. Now, it refuses to play ball. I installed a demo copy of Nero and it worked fine, but now the trial has expired and it won't let me burn CDs unless I purchase a serial number. I don't mind buying CD burning software, but paying £50 to do something that windows should be doing anyway is a god damned joke. I don't need all the other crap that Nero does, I just need to be able to burn data to CDs. Can someone recommend a cheap CD authoring program that isn't bloated with lots of other silly stuff I don't need and don't want to pay for?

Szechuanosaurus on

• Options
    cubelovercubelover Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I haven't used this personally, but I've seen it highly recommended:

CDBurnerXP Pro - http://www.cdburnerxp.se/ [Equivalent = Nero]
    A free CD/DVD-Writer program. The program can write CD-R, CD-RW DVD+R/RW DVD-R/RW discs. CDBurnerXP Pro Features:

- Write CD-R, CD-RW DVD+R/RW DVD-R/RW discs (as Data, Video and Audio)
    - Burn audio-CDs with and without gaps between tracks - Burn on the fly / Burn-proof
    - Supports most IDE, USB, Firewire and SCSI drives
    - Rip Audio-CDs to harddrive, obtain track-information (ID3-tags) from Internet
    - Burn and create ISO-files
    - Convert WAV to MP3 and vice versa
    - Create Bootable Discs and more.

Notes - Double-layer DVD is not currently supported. Burning video-DVDs is limited.

cubelover on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "The expanding media is a system pacifying and distracting consumers from the oppressive drudgery of their lives" - Digital Play
  • Options
    SzechuanosaurusSzechuanosaurus Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2007
    Yes!

When I'm a millionaire I'm going to hold an all you can eat hooker buffet for all the OpenSource developers on Earth. I guess cubelover is invited also. Thanks dude.

Szechuanosaurus on
  • Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Kind of a roundabout way of doing this, but you could pick up a new OEM cd/dvd burner off NewEgg for about $20 and get a free copy of Nero to boot.

SeñorAmor on