As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Gaijinworks localizing Class of Heroes 3 & Summon Night 5 for PSP(!)

cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm RegentBears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
edited April 2015 in Games and Technology
Just announced on their site after a few painful days of teasing.

http://www.gaijinworks.com/about/psp-on-psn/summon-night-5/

SN5-Cover-med.png
Summon Night 5 - Coming Soon for PSP®!

When worlds collide and everything is turned upside-down, a neSN5-Cover-med.pngw order must be created to keep chaos at bay. BandaiNamco’s Summon Night 5 is the continuing story of that order-keeping society, the Eucross, and the adventures their Summoners have keeping their world and the disparate races from the Otherworlds in balance. Players can choose to experience the story as rookie Summoners Folth or Arca, and one of four possible partners (their “Cross”), giving the game’s dialogue and feel a unique flavor on up to eight different playthroughs. What players see, and how the characters react depends on what characters are chosen at the beginning of each playthrough. But whatever choices a player makes, they’re in for a charming and sometimes tense Strategy-RPG adventure as they gradually unravel a plot that threatens the balance the Eucross is sworn to protect. The game features beautiful 2D and 3D art with battles presented in user-adjustable isometric perspective, and gorgeous animation that is a hallmark of BandaiNamco productions. Fans in the USA, Canada, and Europe will be able to play the game in 2015!

As with our prior PSP release, a Physical+Digital bundle is planned if there is enough fan interest for a physical release in our upcoming poll. Fans will receive a PSN code for a free download for each Physical version purchased. This will allow Vita players who don’t have a UMD drive the means to enjoy the game as well, and collectors to play the game without opening the physical package. However, we’re going to make that decision really hard as we have even more collector will-breaking secrets planned for this set’s packaging.

Pricing will be released once the poll for the physical+digital version demand is completed.

Summon Night 5:
cyda_talk.jpg
more_yenghua.jpg
conductor.jpg
dialogue4.jpg
tutorial_page.jpg
souken_talk.jpg
battle3.jpg
fishing2.jpg
citymap.jpg
dialogue2.jpg
abert.jpg

CoH3:
gestalt.jpg
battle2.jpg
CoH3_School3.jpg
dresden.jpg
conversation.jpg
kirschtorte.jpg
schoolyard.jpg
CoH3_Affinity.jpg

Looks like the script will be delightful. I'm kind of glad they're doing 5. May as well go hard.

wVEsyIc.png
cj iwakura on

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Oh hey they're finally getting around to the CoH game they should have localized first instead of fucking around with 2 for years cool cool

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Aw, Summon Knight 5 is a strat-rpg? Boo. Were the other ones we got on the DS spin offs or something?

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    The two GBA ones were.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    I seem to remember Summon Knights on GBA being a sidescrolling action combat RPG

Like an early Tales game

Maddoc on
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Whelp. Looking forward to these both.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    I seem to remember Summon Knights on GBA being a sidescrolling action combat RPG

Like an early Tales game

Kinda. It was an action RPG more than anything. The traditional SN games are pure SRPG. 5 also has a more realistic look over 3's chibi style(which everyone was hoping for), so I prefer the look of 5.

Summon Night 3, to compare:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx7esVuztKY&feature=youtu.be

Also, 5's OP was done by Ufotable(Fate/Zero), and Vic said they will be dubbing it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzkX_0mIiWA

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Maddoc wrote: »

Like an early Tales game

The Swordcraft Story games are the side-scroller action combat games. The core Summon Nights have been srpgs.

The one on the DS that was released over here was a real-time stylus-focused strategy/action game, the enjoyment of which was crippled by a particularly awful bug that wasn't noticed.

Bursar on
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Something unsettles me about how "Vic" is a person rather than a faceless entity like Xseed.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Victor Ireland's always been a vocal advocate for his games and his companies. It's always been part of the charm.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    And it weirds me out.