As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Old [NHL] Thread

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    why even have refs?

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Johnson had a shift without Glendening and he didn't score! Small victories.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    I hold my opinion on that Kronwal hit until I see a replay

• Options
    He stayed on his skates but looks like it went head first. Need slo-mo

• Options
    The officiating in this game is fucking ridiculous. That was a hit to the head by Kronwall for sure, just afterwards some Wing just checked a guy to open a shooting lane and it went uncalled.

It's been really stupid both ways and it's frankly dangerous for the players.

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    The officiating in this game is fucking ridiculous. That was a hit to the head by Kronwall for sure, just afterwards some Wing just checked a guy to open a shooting lane and it went uncalled.

I'm still not sure how the trip that led to the third lightning goal didn't get called, it was about as obvious and in the middle of open ice as it gets.

twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    Yeah, Kronwal should be gone for game 7 if it were up to me

• Options
    JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I'm a little surprised CBC didn't spend more time talking about the hit.

• Options
    TehSloth wrote: »

I'm still not sure how the trip that led to the third lightning goal didn't get called, it was about as obvious and in the middle of open ice as it gets.

Because these refs have a portable wheel o' justice?

• Options
    Hey! An actual skilled hockey play!

• Options
    So unless Bishop poops the bed, Wings will lose game 7, right?

• Options
    I love Bishop's Tron mask.

• Options
    Switch over to Isles/Caps to see Washington go up 2-1. Just over 5 min to go and not a single penalty called in this game yet apparently.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Can't let the refs decide the game!

• Options
    Wings got crushed 5 on 5 and have too many traffic cones on the blue line. Should be wearing orange.

• Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    so Kronwall gets one game. Honestly, should have been two for that type of hit

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Kinda shocked. NHL never suspends people for game 7s (literally hasn't in the last decade according to CBC last night).

Not that it's undeserved or anything. Just surprised.

People who can skate on Detroit's defense and are even vaguely responsible:

EDIT: Also, Palat should be suspended too. All the same issues with the Kronwall hit are in this video. The inconsistency the NHL shows drives me nuts.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    Wow. I thought for sure that without having a prior suspension that would be enough for Kronwall to get off.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Called it

Wheel of Justice wooooooooooo

quovadis13 on
  • Options
    A night without hockey on, what is this, that's not supposed to happen for like another month

twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    Jayricho wrote: »
    Wow. I thought for sure that without having a prior suspension that would be enough for Kronwall to get off.
    He left his feet. He went for the head. And he hit a defenseless player. While I think Kronwall is a clean player, doing what he did in a meaningful game can't go unnoticed. But that's just me.

• Options
    I don't disagree. I'm just surprised. Game 7, and like I said, no prior history.

Also felt like they should have looked at Ovie's boarding non-penalty as well.

• Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    Wait, someone was suspended in the playoffs and their team wasnt playing Boston?

:so_raven:
  • Options
    No Zidlicky tonight for Detroit in game 7 either. So Tampa, please do me a favour and just end the game quickly. Don't make me think that the Wings actually have a chance by letting them hang around until the third.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    quovadis13 wrote: »
    No Zidlicky tonight for Detroit in game 7 either. So Tampa, please do me a favour and just end the game quickly. Don't make me think that the Wings actually have a chance by letting them hang around until the third.

I think the wings will win this series. I think tampa used them selves up winning game 6.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    RhahRhah Registered User regular
    Le_Goat wrote: »
    He left his feet. He went for the head. And he hit a defenseless player. While I think Kronwall is a clean player, doing what he did in a meaningful game can't go unnoticed. But that's just me.

Dude had his head down, which if it was up would have been shoulder to shoulder. Much like the BS pass interference rules in the NFL where if the WR crunches up and makes himself small and regular tackle to the chest becomes a tackle to the helmet.

I'll just leave this here:
    CDulHN-WYAAZxvv.jpg:large

• Options
    Corvus wrote: »
    Wait, someone was suspended in the playoffs and their team wasnt playing Boston?
    Oh don't even start, lol. I remember distinctly when Scott Walker should have been suspended multiple games for multiple infractions against Aaron Ward during the Boston/Carolina 2009 Conference Semis, but got nothing. To make matters worse, he was the one who scored the killing blow to knock them out of the playoffs.

• Options
    Rhah wrote: »
    Le_Goat wrote: »

Dude had his head down, which if it was up would have been shoulder to shoulder. Much like the BS pass interference rules in the NFL where if the WR crunches up and makes himself small and regular tackle to the chest becomes a tackle to the helmet.
    I will say that one of the major issues with the defenseless player rule is that too many players seem to think it's a security blanket, so they aren't looking up anymore because the rules "protect" them. I akin it to people thinking that 4WD makes them a better driver. The rule needs to exist, but it shouldn't excuse guys from not paying attention.

• Options

He's been awful in this series. Though I guess it means Kindl is playing, so that's actually worse. Really the only advantage the Wings have in this series is Babcock.

• Options

He's been awful in this series. Though I guess it means Kindl is playing, so that's actually worse. Really the only advantage the Wings have in this series is Babcock.

Yeah, I saw tweet saying Marchenko and Kindl.

• Options
    Rhah wrote: »

Yeah, I saw tweet saying Marchenko and Kindl.

There's not really any other bodies at this point.

• Options
    Ouellet if they called him up? I am not up to speed on playoff roster rules...

• Options
    Drinking margaritas and chanting where is kronwall

twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    I didn't really have a dog in this hockey game, but reading up how the owner of the wings is turning detroit into an OCP city, I'll now be sad when they beat the lightning.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    One period down and the Wings are still in it. Uggghhh, I still have to be emotionally invested in this.

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    The Rays beat the Yankees today, so we might have already used up all the dark magic of Tampa sports.

That and we have had no luck over Montreal this season, so...

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    By the time this game is done Doc will be dead.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    The Rays beat the Yankees today, so we might have already used up all the dark magic of Tampa sports.
    The hockey gods laugh at baseball, so your juju is still full.

• Options
    This game really isn't all that great to watch, very slow paced and tense. But Tampa and their fans are definitely very cautious tonight.