As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

This is the Australia Thread. ytrap tsinummoc eht nioj

Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then?Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
edited October 2016 in Social Entropy++
Dan is a good sort you guys.

tumblr_nxzstqodcc1tb1ibwo1_500.png

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2016/01/dan-from-optus-politely-schools-racists-on-facebook/

fig,gold,mens,ffffff.jpg

This is the australian thread, with australians, and others as we have plenty of room.

This is the ROLL CALL

PERTH
Vivixenne, Blake T, Butler, chrishallettbunchanumbers, BigKev, AJR, flynnie, Dhalphir, desperaterobots, Tallweirdo, Tef, Anzekay, Samuelson, CuZZa, webofink, EmbracethePing, Vegemyte, Amy, RocketScience

SYDNEY
Air, Tweaked_Bat_, bsjezz, Prohass, Gatsby, Ambassador, TrueHereticX, TheSquid, Flay, HyperBallad, Jintor, Seguer, Aegeri, stimtokolos, Lalabox, Cokebotle, Mr Fuzzbutt. Loki

MELBOURNE
Awko, Cyvros, grug, ruzkin, Hitsuraptor, LaCabra, The Boy Satellite, Unlucky, SorC, Cobalt60, Apocalyptus, Heroth, not very lucky

BRISBANE
Flyingman, Avicus, SwissLion, Crimson King, joshua11, Lorahalo, PaperLuigi44

GOLD COAST
Glorfindel, Viking

CANBERRA
marty_0001, Chronocide, tynic

DARWIN
Veldrin, Morblitz

THE HONOURABLE TOWN OF NEWCASTLE
The Black Hunter

OTHER NEAT PEOPLE IN AUSTRALIA
- bezerk bob (Toowoomba)

ACTUAL AUSTRALIANS WHO ARE NOT IN AUSTRALIA (BUT PROBABLY WISH THEY WERE)
- tynic
- Tube
- #pipe
- Oden
- tynic
- pimento
- Kincaid

GLAMOUROUS JET-SETTING GENTLEMAN
- Yaya

2011 HONORARY AUSTRALIAN OF THE YEAR
- Wimble

2012 HONORARY AUSTRALIAN OF THE YEAR
- Wimble

And, introducing the 2013 Honorary Australian of the Year, which is a title of absolutely no value and chosen only by me:

Wimble

AGAIN. But only because lonelyahava is a Kiwi and that's a disqualification for this completely pointless award.

2014 HONORARY AUSTRALIAN OF THE YEAR

- Fyndir

2015 Honorary Australian of the Year JOINT WINNERS

Fishman's new baby who until I get told his new name I will refer to as Minnowman and somestickguy

AWESOME KIWIS WHO ARE ABOVE THE MIDDLING AVERAGE SET BY THEIR COMPATRIOTS
- Fishman
- lonelyahava
- KiraKiraKira
- Fletcher
- Katat

Anyone who should be on this list and is not, please message me or @ me in the thread, and I will endeavour to add you as quickly as possible.

Blake T on

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    @Tef, sure that sounds like a lark.

• ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    For those not familiar, in reference to the thread title, no, really, there is:
    The population density in Australia was last reported as 2.91/km2 (7.5/sq mi). The density was 2.8/km2 (7.3/sq mi) in 2008 and 2.86/km2 (7.4/sq mi) in 2009. That made Australia the 3rd least densely populated country in the world, after Namibia and Mongolia.

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    No, for those who are not familiar, it's the counter culture response to those fucking stupid, fuck off, we're full stickers that people put on their cars so that I can quickly identify duckheads. (the silly goose rule and all)

Blake T on
  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    Yeah there was a "fuck off, we're full" t-shirt that was popular not long ago. You here it every time asylum seekers hit the news.

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2015
    Also the population density is deceptive because our water resources, etc, couldn't sustain the high densities common elsewhere in the asia pacific.

That said we could sure as hell accommodate every single asylum seeker currently locked up in one of our gulags detention centres.

Am debating running for parliament on the platform of kicking out UK visa-overstayers, though. Historically, it has not been brown people who are a problem for this country.

tynic on
  • The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    Some of the American exchange students confided in me that they thought Australia stayed tropical all year round. All over.

My response was haughty and a far thing from gentle.

"My country is as large as years! Yes, it it slightly closer to the equator on average but god damn! The fuck were you thinking? No this is not as cold as it will get, it is Autumn! YOU'RE FROM ILLINOIS YOU'RE USED TO CRYSTALLIZING OVER THE WINTER"

• ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    Also the population density is deceptive because our water resources, etc, couldn't sustain the high densities common elsewhere in the asia pacific.

Yeah, I was trying to do the "counter statement with literal fact" thing but I see I badly missed the mark. Sorry folks.

• JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    What's the situation with the boats? Have they all been stopped?

• TefTef Registered User regular
    I love that new slogan, I'm getting that on a shirt for sure

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    drop bears

YL9WnCY.png
    My phone is being dropped off at 11:50 @Blake T so let's catch up after that hey?

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Where are you boys meeting up? I might come join you if that's cool. Monday, yeah?

• pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    @Blake T not sure if you've noticed, but we live in the same city now. Just sayin'.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I wanna know who's first in line for 2015 honorary Australian!

*cough*

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    JoeUser wrote: »
    What's the situation with the boats? Have they all been stopped?

Not at all. The federal government is just trying to suppress journalists reporting on them now!

At least UWA told the government to fuck off w/r/t their climate change thinktank (denial) centre.

Probably in the west end? Otherwise I guess on the way to Langly park or on the pro itself. I'll flick you a text around that time too

numbers, what are you up to?

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
    At least UWA told the government to fuck off w/r/t their climate change thinktank (denial) centre.

Oh is that the Consensus Center? I just read about it, but it didn't have details on why it was disliked.

edited May 2015

Oh is that the Consensus Center? I just read about it, but it didn't have details on why it was disliked.

It's helmed by a notorious climate change denier.

Much like Abbott's business adviser Maurice Newman.

pimento on
    Tef wrote: »
    Probably in the west end? Otherwise I guess on the way to Langly park or on the pro itself. I'll flick you a text around that time too

Should have quoted before, but this was directed at Ben (also, Numbers)

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Cool! Yeah, let me know. I'm not sure how late I can go since I'll have to be back up my way in the evening to pick up a friend before D&D that night but I'd love to come hang out a bit.

• GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Thanks for the Cherry Ripes, Australia.

They're quite tasty.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

Dogs and vet checkups, mostly. Amy and I are taking Austin (the Beagle) to one vet in the morning, and Max (the Saint Bernard) to a different vet in the afternoon.

There's a bloke that claims to be a climate policy centrist commentator but in reality him and his mate are funded millions of dollars to write reports saying that climate change isn't a thing that matters or that we should give a fuck about by conservative backers.

Dogs and vet checkups, mostly. Amy and I are taking Austin (the Beagle) to one vet in the morning, and Max (the Saint Bernard) to a different vet in the afternoon.

You have a beagle and a st bernard.. and you've not hosted a games day? I thought we were mates.

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    pimento wrote: »

You have a beagle and a st bernard.. and you've not hosted a games day? I thought we were mates.

WE NEED PICS

I did. It was partially successful.

In his defense, him and Amy did host one a while back when they moved in.

We should do a send off games day :wink:

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
    edited May 2015
    Magic Pink wrote: »

WE NEED PICS

Here is my lovely partner Amy patting them in her pyjamas:

10377539_10152884411742952_8770702230092362091_n.jpg?oh=8bf3f08cfaa0169b76dcb22adf3e0ac4&oe=55C04606&__gda__=1440640640_963bce098c60390ab7328922e6c57273

Here they are waiting by the front gate for their walkies:

16517_10153184935777952_459543551552974158_n.jpg?oh=710ea929a7c81d62a7217483f37233cb&oe=560C0A59

And here they are being washed by Amy's cousin Sarah who is a professional dog groomer:

11028364_10153171299467952_6899422855058271809_n.jpg?oh=1ec70f8c92c3c184fbf0a069c21bd149&oe=55DAC5E8&__gda__=1438605822_5019244ed3f9300ae630ffe7f5d9cadc

10314533_10153171294762952_2659567781768874090_n.jpg?oh=07724b4f239379d0fe3fc99d74b3125f&oe=560D743E&__gda__=1439196103_323ee99efb14a8bb7a4e63ddec2138ac

EDIT: They are Amy's brother's dogs, we are just looking after them while we rent his house. He's in Sheffield, England, but his wife and kids are coming back to Australia for a little bit while he gets organised over there. They all moved to Germany last year but his job there got taken away from him so he's gone to England (which was his long-term plan anyway), but as money is tight he is renting a room from someone, so the wife and kids went to Korea to visit her side of the family for a couple of months and now they are headed back here while he finds a house to buy in England.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
    Good dags

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
    They are good dogs, they're very cuddly.

I did. It was partially successful.

I wasn't there, it doesn't count.

I WANT TO HUG DAGS

Well we're moving out soon, you'll have to hurry!

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    guys. we have a crisis.

Our kettle has finally died.

• The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    $15 kmart special :P

This is something no American will understand.

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    except me and my mom!

She went back home after the wedding and bought a kettle.

We're down to boiling water in a pot.

barbarism I tell you.

• KincaidKincaid You're standing on my neck KuwaitRegistered User regular
    Has anyone played Coup? Played a little over the weekend, quite enjoyed it!
    Thinking about picking up a copy for boardgame nights.

This discussion has been closed.