As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bad "Food" Thread: We Talk About The Garbage We Put Inside Us

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    Cabezone wrote: »
    turtleant wrote: »
    Tox wrote: »
    You'd think it'd at least taste like caffeine free pepsi, which is pretty decent.

Caffeine free pepsi was my favorite kind as a kid. I always though it tasted a little different.

Do they even still make caffeine free pepsi anymore?

Caffeine is bitter, I dunno if there enough in soda to matter, so its possible.

There is. I'm just... completely guessing here pretty much, but since many colas originated as patent medicines featuring coca leaf extract*, they probably had sugar added to them to make them taste less bitter. So removing the caffeine tends to make them sweeter.

*: Fun fact: Coca-Cola is the only company legally able to imported to import coca leaves into the United States, since coca leaves are the raw precursors to cocaine. Any traces of cocaine are removed during processing.

To where?

Asking for a friend

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    Nocren wrote: »
    Decius wrote: »
    Goddammit, my grocery store has Snyder's of Hanover pretzel bites on sale.

I'm basically required to buy them when this happens. They are delicious.

I loved mixing the buttermilk ranch and honey mustard versions together. Granted, one is pretzel bits and the other is pieces, but its still damn tasty.

I haven't tried those, but I love the buffalo wing Snyder's pretzel bites.
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    This alligator is fucking incredible

And they've got a house made cream gravy with it that is suuuuper good

This place is gonna be a favorite of mine

I'm not crazy about plain alligator meat, but I used to frequent a little place in Metairie, LA that served an alligator sausage appetizer with a dipping sauce. Deee-licious!

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Also Crystal Pepsi was okay.

I have an empty bottle I kept around here somewhere.

I actually liked Crystal Pepsi.

It also made for a great joke in the dub of FLCL (about how a little store gets so few customers, they're still working through a back order of the stuff).

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    the FLCL dub has a lot of fantastic lines like that to replace obscure Japanese jokes

and Nando's is actually a pretty reasonable price in the States! which is why the one I go to at the MAGFest/Katsucon venue is so nice, given other sit-down restaurants there are terrifyingly pricey

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Mortal Sky wrote: »
    Finally got around to stopping by the Korean food truck, which is the only Korean food in town now that it exists, and is conveniently next to the student radio station I do a weekly show at.

$6 for a healthy amount of BBQ pork, salad, kimchi, and a fried egg on top of a heap of rice? Fuck. Yes.

I feel like I'm going to this place at least once a week when I get back.

I'm kinda afraid to ask. But how is Korean BBQ pork different from American BBQ pork?

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    Finally got around to stopping by the Korean food truck, which is the only Korean food in town now that it exists, and is conveniently next to the student radio station I do a weekly show at.

$6 for a healthy amount of BBQ pork, salad, kimchi, and a fried egg on top of a heap of rice? Fuck. Yes.

I'm kinda afraid to ask. But how is Korean BBQ pork different from American BBQ pork?

spices and seasoning, mostly, I think.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    Cabezone wrote: »
    turtleant wrote: »
    Tox wrote: »
    You'd think it'd at least taste like caffeine free pepsi, which is pretty decent.

Caffeine free pepsi was my favorite kind as a kid. I always though it tasted a little different.

Do they even still make caffeine free pepsi anymore?

Caffeine is bitter, I dunno if there enough in soda to matter, so its possible.

There is. I'm just... completely guessing here pretty much, but since many colas originated as patent medicines featuring coca leaf extract*, they probably had sugar added to them to make them taste less bitter. So removing the caffeine tends to make them sweeter.

*: Fun fact: Coca-Cola is the only company legally able to imported to import coca leaves into the United States, since coca leaves are the raw precursors to cocaine. Any traces of cocaine are removed during processing.

To where?

Asking for a friend
    Their major shareholders, duh.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    Crystal Pepsi reminds me of Pepsi Blue

aka the worst soda I have ever tasted

I...liked pepsi blue............

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I liked Pepsi Blue, but I'd probably hate it now

I had much more of a tolerance for sweet things as a child

• Options
    minirhyderminirhyder BerlinRegistered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »

Korean BBQ Pork is thin strips of fatty pork enveloped in a delicious spice mix. It is delicious.

• Options
    edited June 2015
    Also, American pork BBQ is mostly pulled meat, whereas Korean is mostly sliced

It's almost like a saucy pile of bacon, except less fatty and from different cuts of meat

Or like a cheesesteak, minus the cheese, plus Korean spices, and with much better meat

Mortal Sky on
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I'll probably eat at Wingstop today

This decision is brought to you by Poor Life Decisions™

• Options
    I'm going to order from pizza hut again

#badlifestylechoices

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Get stuffed crust.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Also get extra marinara sauce and dip every bite of pizza in it.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Get the thing with the hotdogs in it!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular

Sadly it isn't available until the 18th. We'll have to wait for BF to experiment upon his own flesh until then.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Awwwww.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    See, I love some bad food, but every time I've had Pizza Hut in my adult life, it's just tasted like cardboard

I'd rather eat Little Caesar's

I'd rather eat freezer pizza

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular

I have a name, thank you very much

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Also get cinna stix, then forget you got cinna stix, and then accidentally dip one in the marinara because you thought it was a bread stick, then get a terrible surprise.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Pizza Hut's frozen stuff is just shit.

I just can't deal with them anymore.

I miss Pizza Inn. They did stuffed crust pizza with fresh dough and rolled it in manually. So much better.

Tox on
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    See, I love some bad food, but every time I've had Pizza Hut in my adult life, it's just tasted like cardboard

Worse is their sauce and cheese.

The last few times I've gotten pizza Hut I've nearly gotten ill.

• Options
    The last time I got Pizza Hut it wasn't cooked through all the way, it was practically still dough

So it was literally the last time I got Pizza Hut

• Options
    Yeah I'd take a Little Caesar's Deep dish over pizza hut any day.

• Options
    I just ordered Marcos because It is hot today and I don't feel like cooking.

• Options
    Am I not turning myself into the pizza guinea pig

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    You have no idea how much you guys have made me want pizza. I hate you all.

• Options
    TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular

The only time Pizza Hut doesn't taste like cardboard is when it tastes like an oil soaked sponge. I'd eat freezer burnt freezer pizza before Pizza Hut. Blech

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Pizza Hut's thin crust is mildly acceptable to me, but that's the extent of it.

LuvTheMonkey on
    Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    so much god damn hyperbole in this thread

• Options
    Pizza Hut is bottom of the barrel when it comes to big chain pizza.

Marcos forever.

• Options
    TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    so much god damn hyperbole in this thread

Not in my posts. I literally (like, literally literally, not figuratively literally) would rather eat a freezer burnt Tombstone than order from Pizza Hut.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm ok with Pizza Hut thick crust pepperoni, tbh. Not my first choice for pizza but probably my first choice for a cheese-laden oil-soaked calorie bomb.

Dominos is horrible and I haven't eaten at any other American chains.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I don't like pizza chains because I bet there are some huts out there that could turn out some really good pizza, but they aren't allowed. Gotta follow the established recipes

• Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    I rather eat California Pizza then Pizza Hutt.

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    I don't like Pizza Hut except for their stuffed crust.

aside from the stuffed bits, the whole thing tastes different than their regular pizzas to me. i don't know why.

• Options
    I don't even like stuffed crust as a concept.

But then I'm lactose intolerant anyway and also can't deal with extra cheese.

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Domino's is fine, but if I wanna order some pizza, I'm probably gonna get Pizza Guys

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    My main issue with Pizza Hut is that everything they sell as far as pizza products is either extremely unremarkable compared to their competition or made from frozen dough and therefore crap.

This discussion has been closed.