As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bad "Food" Thread: We Talk About The Garbage We Put Inside Us

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    TheCanMan wrote: »
    Tox wrote: »
    Just ate a Grilled Stuft Nacho. Probably my new favorite Taco Bell item.

Yeah it's pretty good although mine was remarkable flat. Like, it didn't seem like there was nearly enough 'stuft' in it.

I think my favorite thing from Taco Bell is probably the sriracha thing. It's not particularly spice as I was hoping it would be, but it is pretty damn tasty.

Honestly love the double-decker taco supremes for just good ol' fashioned yumminess. It'd be better if they used doritos locos tacos for the hard shell, but still pretty good.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    I got a cotton candy frappucino thing from starbucks and it is very good.

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    On second glance is there... is there like... gravy on that?

You bet your ass.

• Options
    This fourth of July I'm going to make my own goddamn Cheesy Blasters, but I'm going to use Polish Kielbasa instead of regular ass hot dogs and I'm going to wrap them in bacon before I wrap them in pizza.

I will be the Frankenstein of food.

• Options
    TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    Pics or it didn't happen!

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular

That sounds really good!

I'm more of a latte guy though myself.

Cause I like hot drinks.

• Options
    TheCanMan wrote: »
    Pics or it didn't happen!

I will provide, but you will have to wait until the 4th of July!

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Practice run?

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular

It is, if you're lucky

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular

I split one of those with my girlfriend yesterday and ours tasted like almost literally nothing. It was like drinking skim milk with just a tiny, tiny drop of raspberry juice.

• Options
    chromdom wrote: »
    Practice run?

Look. I'm not making risotto, okay? If I can fuck up something involving kielbasa, pizza and bacon I don't deserve to live, do I?

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular

It is, if you're lucky

See if you truly belonged to this thread your second glace should be "Wait....is there....is there NO GRAVY on that dish??? WTF???

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    builderr0rbuilderr0r Registered User regular
    builderr0r wrote: »
    I wish there was a Wienerschnitzel around here. I want that Triple Cheese Double Bacon.

Pretzel dogs or bust

Pretzel dogs with cheese dip!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I wish there was a Wienerschnitzel around here. I want that Triple Cheese Double Bacon.

Pretzel dogs or bust

Pretzel dogs with cheese dip!

This is everything I never knew I needed in my life

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    I never eat hot dogs from fast food joints because they almost always have secret chicken in them. Same reason I don't eat most frozen pizzas, since their pepperoni almost always has secret chicken in them as well (at least with frozen pizza it's far easier to discover said chicken since it's usually on the front of the box).

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    jgeis wrote: »

I split one of those with my girlfriend yesterday and ours tasted like almost literally nothing. It was like drinking skim milk with just a tiny, tiny drop of raspberry juice.

Oh really? The one I had was great!

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    I actually prefer my hot dogs to be mixed meat. Somehow feels even more offensive. I can remember a time when Fridays were basically stop and get a bag of buns and a pack of hot dogs on the way home and just stay up all night feasting on that and mountain dew.

@The Hanged Man all this talk about hot dogs

• Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    Opty wrote: »
    I never eat hot dogs from fast food joints because they almost always have secret chicken in them. Same reason I don't eat most frozen pizzas, since their pepperoni almost always has secret chicken in them as well (at least with frozen pizza it's far easier to discover said chicken since it's usually on the front of the box).

Unannounced Meats!

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Mego Thor wrote: »
    Opty wrote: »

Unannounced Meats!

Keep it Secret. Keep it Safe.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    I actually prefer my hot dogs to be mixed meat. Somehow feels even more offensive. I can remember a time when Fridays were basically stop and get a bag of buns and a pack of hot dogs on the way home and just stay up all night feasting on that and mountain dew.

Mixed meat dog on a Friday hits the whole checklist. Offensive to Jews and Muslims (pork), to Hindus (beef), to Cathloics (meat on Friday), to Buddhists (meat at all), to Discordians (Hot Dog Buns), and for bonus points in the Lightning Round to Mormons (Mountain Dew) and Mogwai (eating after midnight).

Congratulations. In the name of Eris, I proclaim you the new Grand Counter-Pope of the Whole Wicked Earth.

Desert Leviathan on
    Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular

Mixed meat dog on a Friday hits the whole checklist. Offensive to Jews and Muslims (pork), to Hindus (beef), to Cathloics (meat on Friday), to Buddhists (meat at all), to Discordians (Hot Dog Buns), and for bonus points in the Lightning Round to Mormons (Mountain Dew) and Mogwai (eating after midnight).

Congratulations. In the name of Eris, I proclaim you the new Grand Counter-Pope of the Whole Wicked Earth.

It's not Lent, so Catholics may partake.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular
    vQ77AtR.png
    steam | xbox live: IGNORANT HARLOT | psn: MadRoll | nintendo network: spinach
    3ds: 1504-5717-8252
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I just had the Olive Garden meatball sandwich where the bread is made out of the breadsticks

that was pretty good

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    our kiwi burger place, BurgerFuel currently has a Teenage Mutant Ninja Burger as their special. Mushrooms, pepperoni, mozzarella, and the usual burgerfuel stuff.

If it wasn't for the pepperoni, I would so be all over that.

I love BurgerFuel.
    http://www.burgerfuel.com/nz/

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    jgeis wrote: »

Oh really? The one I had was great!

We were pretty disappointed. I think I'll try it again at a different Starbucks. I want to believe that it's as good as it sounds.

The lemon bar frappuchino also sounds really good.

• Options
    Mr. G wrote: »
    I just had the Olive Garden meatball sandwich where the bread is made out of the breadsticks

that was pretty good

Not gonna lie, I like olive garden and don't understand what people mean when they say it's not real Italian food.

• Options
    Is Olive Garden authentic Italian food? Well, probably not, but it's still pretty good and that's all that matters.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Ate a sketchy ass microwave chimichonga that that's been in the freezer for at least 3 months.

Pretty sure I know what I'm going to be doing when I wake up tomorrow.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Mego Thor wrote: »
    Is Olive Garden authentic Italian food? Well, probably not, but it's still pretty good and that's all that matters.

Their northern tour of Italy is very tasty, I would definitely recommend it

• Options
    It's hard for me to eat anything at Olive Garden after I've gorged myself on salad and breadsticks.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    For the longest time, when I was just a baby, I thought Red Lobster was super high end restaurant. Red Lobster was the place you go for a SUPER DUPER occasion.

Turns out I was just from a relatively poor family and we couldn't afford anything more.

Olive Garden is like that when it comes to Italian food. It's Italian Food for poor people.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    And there's nothing wrong with that.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    Hell, I love it like that.

IF I have a choice between spending $300 on one meal at a 5 star restaurant or go to Olive Garden 30 times at $10 dollars each. I'm going to Olive Garden 30 freaking times.

• Options
    Hell I'm grown and still think red lobster is expensive and only for special occasions.

• Options
    For the longest time, when I was just a baby, I thought Red Lobster was super high end restaurant. Red Lobster was the place you go for a SUPER DUPER occasion.

Turns out I was just from a relatively poor family and we couldn't afford anything more.

Olive Garden is like that when it comes to Italian food. It's Italian Food for poor people.

I feel like Red Lobster legitimately used to be a lot better than it is now.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    Olive garden is to Italian food like Chinese takeout is to Chinese cuisine.

It's good in it's own unique Americanized way.

Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • Options
    I miss ragazzi's. There's a local place that's pretty good for Italian. They also have the best pizza I've had in recent memory.

• Options
    Hell I'm grown and still think red lobster is expensive and only for special occasions.

That occasion is:

red-lobster-endless-shrimp-2014.jpg

• Options
    Fazoli's was my favorite quick Italian chain. Sadly, all have closed around here.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    Foomy wrote: »
    Olive garden is to Italian food like Chinese takeout is to Chinese cuisine.

It's good in it's own unique Americanized way.

I feel like red bowl or on the border are better examples. On the border is good, Mexican style food. I wouldn't call it Mexican food.

It's like cheese. There's real, authentic cheese, then there's the "cheese food product" us poor folks buy

This discussion has been closed.