As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

All I want for Secret Shamblers is a moose and some new content [SE++ WoW]

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Just got my 10th aniversary badge.

FUCK.

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    the place I work at had someone sell us one of the 10th anniversary wow statues

I kind of want it but its a little expensive even with employee discount

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular
    Doing LFR and I keep getting inprog runs and having to requeue for hours.
    hWtqtXh.jpg/spoiler]

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    druid healing is the realest

• Options

I meant on the forums

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    Just got my 10th aniversary badge.

FUCK.

hmm, 10

son they dont even make a badge for how long I've been here

oh wait they do http://forums.penny-arcade.com/badge/anniversary-old

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular

I meant on the forums

I know, this was totally unrelated

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited August 2015
    I'm going to be an undetermined amount of time late tomorrow.

Friend is coming over for me to fill his ipod with music before his vacation and he's bringing beer so it might end up being a complete no show.

Angry on
  • Options
    From today's hotfixes:

Kilrogg Deadeye

Health of adds for the encounter have been reduced by roughly 20% for raid groups with 10 players on Normal and Heroic difficulty. This should help with the difficulty experienced by smaller raid groups losing their DPS when sending players down into the death phase. The health of adds scales back up and should be remain roughly unchanged from before as raid group size increases.

• Options
    From today's hotfixes:

Kilrogg Deadeye

Health of adds for the encounter have been reduced by roughly 20% for raid groups with 10 players on Normal and Heroic difficulty. This should help with the difficulty experienced by smaller raid groups losing their DPS when sending players down into the death phase. The health of adds scales back up and should be remain roughly unchanged from before as raid group size increases.

Just in time for us to already be good enough for that to not matter. Woo.

Next up; will they do the same for archimonde? Probably not until we've already downed him a bunch.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Zenyatoo wrote: »
    From today's hotfixes:

Kilrogg Deadeye

Next up; will they do the same for archimonde? Probably not until we've already downed him a bunch.

Read: never.

• Options
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Zenyatoo wrote: »
    From today's hotfixes:

Kilrogg Deadeye

Read: never.

Dont worry, eventually we'll all have our level 795 rings so every dps gets a 43.7% damage boost and then our explosions will deal 43.7% of all damage dealt while empowered. Archimonde will think he is hot shit, and then suddenly take 6million damage.

• Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    If you're gonna PUG Archimonde, Monday night last minute weirdos are the way to go

mkc.png
  • Options
    no raid for me tonight. ill be on thursday to progress

• Options
    anyone interested in idle expansion predictions?

> 50% chance

- No new class
    - Factions merge but only in the expansion zone (like Dalaran except you can talk to each other)
    - New MOBA-ish PVP game type
    - More ability pruning, including Yet Another Talent Revamp
    - Timewalking becomes a permanent fixture of the game, and includes raids. Raids go active on rotation and become a permanent rotation of "off-tier" raid content, like a giant bucket of highmauls to farm while working on the primary Xpac dungeon.

I have more but those are the main ones.

I expect to see a TON of major gameplay oddities that center around their total control over item level and NPC scaling. Flex and timewalking are auditions for whatever they have planned.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see something to do with fast tracking new characters through lowbie content other than the 90-token or possibly even obliterating the current concept of levels, meaning a squish, or possibly something more drastic... like Cataclysm, Act 2.

If I'm blizzard, I'm pretty tired of babysitting vanilla->wrath content, and also watching non-MMO experts get confused and burned out by how fucking weird the 1->60 experience is right now compared to the rest of the game.

• Options
    edited August 2015
    always be Lifeblooming

Xehalus on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    As much as I really really want a faction merge there are so many old guards at blizzard who would be against it that I don't think it's ever make it through to implementation

Javen on
  • Options
    Jasconius wrote: »
    anyone interested in idle expansion predictions?

> 50% chance

- No new class
    - Factions merge but only in the expansion zone (like Dalaran except you can talk to each other)
    - New MOBA-ish PVP game type
    - More ability pruning, including Yet Another Talent Revamp
    - Timewalking becomes a permanent fixture of the game, and includes raids. Raids go active on rotation and become a permanent rotation of "off-tier" raid content, like a giant bucket of highmauls to farm while working on the primary Xpac dungeon.

I have more but those are the main ones.

I expect to see a TON of major gameplay oddities that center around their total control over item level and NPC scaling. Flex and timewalking are auditions for whatever they have planned.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see something to do with fast tracking new characters through lowbie content other than the 90-token or possibly even obliterating the current concept of levels, meaning a squish, or possibly something more drastic... like Cataclysm, Act 2.

If I'm blizzard, I'm pretty tired of babysitting vanilla->wrath content, and also watching non-MMO experts get confused and burned out by how fucking weird the 1->60 experience is right now compared to the rest of the game.

But this expansion would be the perfect time to add a new class! I'd love to see a Blademaster class. They'd be a melee mail class with two dps specs and a tank spec. Tank could be 2h or dw, while the dps specs would prefer one or the other. And then we'd get another neutral playable race to sort of 'unite' the factions against a greater threat. Probably Wrathion. That guy is a bit of a dick.

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Chances are if they ever add a new class, it's going to be Demon Hunter. It's probably the most requested class since launch, even more than the two we actually got. I'd much rather see some new specs get added than a new class. Get those pure classes some hybrid utility at long last. Have a dodge tank rogue, demon form tank lock, time magic healing mage. The only one I don't have an answer for is hunter, though I guess they can have healing arrows.

Let me shoot you in the face to make you feel better.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    oh yeah I think there will definitely be a new race. no question.

i really really dont think they're going to do new classes this time. if they do I would be disappointed because i feel like the current state of affairs with what they have is a little too broken and uneven to inject another thing into the mix

a lot of people think it would be a mail class because well there are only two mail classes so we need another one! but I don't think Blizz sees it that way anymore. if you look closely at armor values there's basically no difference now anymore except appearance and name. they'll make whatever they want to make

• Options
    I hope they expand timewalking. It's maybe the only feature from the expansion that I'd like to see stick.

• Options
    Armour classes are more to do with the spread of loot drops than actual armour values. Another mail class would spread potential loot drops more evenly, so you don't get the issue of having 20 people and only 3 hunters/shamans to take your mail drops while you have 8 clothies frothing at the mouth for that one piece without versatility on it.

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    playable arakkoa would cool imo

• Options
    I hope they expand timewalking. It's maybe the only feature from the expansion that I'd like to see stick.

Oh timewalking is totally gonna stick. They've made the ilvl scaling tech work already, and it's a neat way of introducing more content to do (even if it's old content) without having to dedicate resources to it. More stuff for people to do while they work on improving the speed they make new content at it.

• Options
    Kilroy wrote: »
    playable arakkoa would cool imo

Playable races are going to have to be humanoid enough that they'd look decent in the existing armors. I'm doubtful of like, Arakkoa or Naga or the like because of that.

• Options
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    Armour classes are more to do with the spread of loot drops than actual armour values. Another mail class would spread potential loot drops more evenly, so you don't get the issue of having 20 people and only 3 hunters/shamans to take your mail drops while you have 8 clothies frothing at the mouth for that one piece without versatility on it.

they want personal loot to be a thing anyway. i dont think they'll force it this time around, but I guarantee you they're thinking about it for the future

blizzard has a long outstanding pattern of piloting gameplay concepts, disregarding all feedback from their players, and implementing it anyway

which is what happens when you have 7-10 million players. no matter what horse shit you design, you're going to get 1 million love letters and 1 million hate mail, which is a paralyzing thing. so their strategy seems to be just "fuck it, we'll do it live" and then wait for the unsubs to come rolling in

• Options
    Playable drakonids! Vrykul! Murlocs!

Okay yeah I'd be 100% onboard with playable Murlocs actually.

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular

they want personal loot to be a thing anyway. i dont think they'll force it this time around, but I guarantee you they're thinking about it for the future

blizzard has a long outstanding pattern of piloting gameplay concepts, disregarding all feedback from their players, and implementing it anyway

which is what happens when you have 7-10 million players. no matter what horse shit you design, you're going to get 1 million love letters and 1 million hate mail, which is a paralyzing thing. so their strategy seems to be just "fuck it, we'll do it live" and then wait for the unsubs to come rolling in

Even for a well implemented idea, you'll get like 4 pieces of hatemail for each love letter, with 15 perfectly content/happy/ecstatic people who remain silent. It's the unhappy ones who are motivated to provide feedback.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    In previous cases they've lamented every time they added a new class, citing that it's fucked up balance like crazy each time. Which doesn't mean they won't do it again if they think they can do it right, I just think it's more likely that they'll decide it's not worth the headache and the effort

• Options
    As long as they keep PvE and PvP connected rather than just completely separate, they won't have balance. At the very least, new classes give some variety. I think it's a shame, because PvE balance matters less than everyone gives it credit for unless you're a mythic raider (and even then, it only really matters for the racing guilds) and new classes add such nice variety. I know I'd have never taken up healing if I didn't enjoy my monk so much. I tried druid healing several times over the years and it never clicked, but I fucking love my mistweaver. I'd have stayed as a mage and then quit after all the rather poor class design changes in WoD.

• Options
    Hey I have an idea:

Who cares if PvP isn't balanced? It's never been balanced, trying to keep it balanced is a fucking fool's errand. They keep fucking up PvE players by nerfing shit in PvP and it's getting really tiresome.

• Options
    Chances are if they ever add a new class, it's going to be Demon Hunter. It's probably the most requested class since launch, even more than the two we actually got. I'd much rather see some new specs get added than a new class. Get those pure classes some hybrid utility at long last. Have a dodge tank rogue, demon form tank lock, time magic healing mage. The only one I don't have an answer for is hunter, though I guess they can have healing arrows.

Let me shoot you in the face to make you feel better.

Clearly the new hunter spec is just bard.
    Fuck the lore. All hunters are now good at singing. You're welcome.

Thinking about it, are bows and xbows the only weapons that cant be used by multiple classes?

Regarding the expansion. Im calling blizzard as flip-floppers.
    People hated how garrisons meant they were alone -> the new town will be both horde and alliance in it
    People didnt chose to do events and only events in ashran -> new ashran area that is nothing but events
    People hate how simplistic some of their specs are -> rather than skillbloat, add 8 dozen procs to everything
    People hate how orcs were the focus of everything -> Nah fuck you, more orcs. Orcs all the way down.
    Characters got redeemed out of nowhere??? -> Massive unskippable cutscenes detailing how every plot critical NPC views the others.
    Raiding is poopoo for small groups -> mythic now 10man and only 10man, all raids tuned around small groups

Or maybe just that first one.

• Options
    Hey I have an idea:

Who cares if PvP isn't balanced? It's never been balanced, trying to keep it balanced is a fucking fool's errand. They keep fucking up PvE players by nerfing shit in PvP and it's getting really tiresome.

They are trying extremely hard right now to turn WoW arena into an e-sport. I think it's fair to say that the project is failing right now which is why I think they're going to set arena on fire and move to another game mode where the exact mechanics of your class are less crucial to the outcome of the match.

Most people don't care, but for whatever reason, Blizzard cares a lot right now. Honestly more than I can ever remember. They do PVP related hotfixes almost weekly.

• Options
    Hey I have an idea:

They are trying extremely hard right now to turn WoW arena into an e-sport. I think it's fair to say that the project is failing right now which is why I think they're going to set arena on fire and move to another game mode where the exact mechanics of your class are less crucial to the outcome of the match.

Most people don't care, but for whatever reason, Blizzard cares a lot right now. Honestly more than I can ever remember. They do PVP related hotfixes almost weekly.

Season 2 was really the only season anyone gave a shit about arena. There is entirely too much RNG in WoW for it to be taken seriously as an E-sport. They should focus on SC2, Hearthstone, HOTS and Overwatch if they want to have games in the E-sports community and just let PvP in WoW be something a bit more casual.

I used to be big into PvP. I was really good at it, my team was really good at it. But then sometimes we'd lose a match because 30% crit is actually 2% crit and the opponents' 30% crit was 100% crit and that wasn't fun at all. Or I'd get 3 consecutive Purges resisted in a row because Stoicism was a dumb talent. Now with Multistrikes and proc-focused classes, there's an even bigger lottery aspect. And that isn't fun for me.

• Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular

Oh timewalking is totally gonna stick. They've made the ilvl scaling tech work already, and it's a neat way of introducing more content to do (even if it's old content) without having to dedicate resources to it. More stuff for people to do while they work on improving the speed they make new content at it.

they're never going to add new dungeons with a patch

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    As long as they keep PvE and PvP connected rather than just completely separate, they won't have balance. At the very least, new classes give some variety. I think it's a shame, because PvE balance matters less than everyone gives it credit for unless you're a mythic raider (and even then, it only really matters for the racing guilds) and new classes add such nice variety. I know I'd have never taken up healing if I didn't enjoy my monk so much. I tried druid healing several times over the years and it never clicked, but I fucking love my mistweaver. I'd have stayed as a mage and then quit after all the rather poor class design changes in WoD.

I dont expect pve balance to be any more possible than pvp balance.
    I'd even go as far to accept that some classes will simply always be better in certain fights, hell, I will gladly welcome that.
    But the notion that everyone plays what they want because fun, and thus you dont gotta balance shit, isnt good imo. I legitimately dropped protection, a spec and role that I enjoy, because it was essentially garbage to even try and use it in hellfire properly. I like ret, hell I love ret, so it all worked out. But had ret been super shitty? I actually probably would be raiding on my hunter right now instead. There's no reason for me to play a class or spec if there's another one that I enjoy just as much, which also gets better results for less effort.

• Options
    I still hold out hope that Ethereals will be the next race

I'd probably change my Warlock to one

• Options
    Hey I have an idea:

Season 2 was really the only season anyone gave a shit about arena. There is entirely too much RNG in WoW for it to be taken seriously as an E-sport. They should focus on SC2, Hearthstone, HOTS and Overwatch if they want to have games in the E-sports community and just let PvP in WoW be something a bit more casual.

I used to be big into PvP. I was really good at it, my team was really good at it. But then sometimes we'd lose a match because 30% crit is actually 2% crit and the opponents' 30% crit was 100% crit and that wasn't fun at all. Or I'd get 3 consecutive Purges resisted in a row because Stoicism was a dumb talent. Now with Multistrikes and proc-focused classes, there's an even bigger lottery aspect. And that isn't fun for me.

They've reduced the RNG in PVP pretty substantially but unfortunately it's disproportionately impacted this class or that. There also aren't very many passive proc DPS abilities anymore. It's pretty much all active-cooldown based. Which is actually a little to do with the problem. Setups rule right now. If you line up your CC with your actives, and deny that to the opponent, you win. If you don't, you lose, 100%. If you play a class that has a ton of setup options and easy ways to defeat setups, grats on 2000. If not, better luck next year.

The issue at hand is 3v3 arena is too small scope to ever balance, and 10v10 battlegrounds are too much of a clusterfuck to effectively broadcast and teams have a hard time staying together.

• Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    the newest subscriber numbers look like a crime scene

• Options
    Damn that's the lowest they've been in the expansion era.

BRF sure sucked the joy out of everything huh?

(Actually the mmo champ bulleted list blames D3's launch in Asia.)

This discussion has been closed.