Options

[Diablo 3] Season 5: join PAF community for clan invite - early 2.4.1 info pg.93

NogginNoggin Registered User regular
edited March 2016 in Games and Technology
LHB88gh.png
PA Clan - The Merch Hungers
Join the community PAF to request an invite!

Clan membership
Everyone from the forum is absolutely welcome to join! However, it is important to remember that there is a cap of 150 players. The clan needs to keep space available for new and returning players, especially just before a new patch or season.

Unfortunately, this means players that have been missing for 2-3 months may lose their spot. Don't Panic! Even if you find yourself removed from the clan, you are always welcome to return!

How to disable legendary item notifications in clan chat
  • Open the clan window ( Hotkey N )
  • Click the "News" tab
  • Above the top-right corner of the feed, click the "Gear" button
  • Uncheck "Items"

New cube recipe - Caldessan's Despair
Consumes 1x Legendary Gem and 3x Flawless Gems to add stats to an Ancient item.

The recipe applies +5 to a stat per Legendary Gem Level. Lvl 50 gem grants +250, 60 grants +300, etc.

The Flawless gems determine the bonus, so DO NOT just use whatever flawless gems are lying around, you will waste your legendary gem! Amethysts apply Vit, Emeralds apply Dex, etc.

Patch 2.4 changes & Season 5
  • No more season exclusive gear! Instead, earn a stash tab and a guaranteed set (see below)
  • Season Rebirth - keep a character's name & hours played
  • Set Dungeon challenges, cosmetic rewards (i.e. banners/portraits)
  • Empowered Rifts - Spend gold for a 4th Legendary Gem upgrade roll.
  • Reduced monster health in solo, 2, and 3 player Grifts.
  • Cosmetic pets will pick up gold
  • Arrows on the map toward Keywardens
  • XP gear nerfed, but monster xp increased
  • TX bounties now yield 5 act materials per cache

Guaranteed Set details
Starting in Season 5, you can earn one 6-piece set via the Season Journey. You will earn a "Haedrig's Gift" box containing 2 pieces of a set when you (1) Reach 70, (2) Kill Zoltan Kulle at 70 on Torment 2, and (3) Solo clear Greater Rift 20.

The set you'll earn depends on class and season:
  • Barbarian - Might of the Earth
  • Crusader - Invokers
  • Demon Hunter - Shadow's Mantle
  • Monk - Sunwuko's
  • Witch Doctor - Jade Harvester
  • Wizard - Firebird's

Rough summary of Extra Stash Tab requirements: (Full info here.)
- Complete 5 bounties
- Get the cube, max level crafters, spend blood shards
- Every slot legendary on yourself and follower
- Diablo and Greed T10, Uber Diablo on T6... some easier bosses along the way
- Master 1 set dungeon
- T9 rift in 4 minutes (does not require solo!)
- GR 50 solo
- 3 legendary gems to 50
- 2 conquests (these two should be easiest for one class)
--- 50 million gold streak (check youtube)
--- GR 45 without sets

Table of how Difficulty affects hp/dmg/xp/crafting drop rates:
difficulties.png

Finally, some other helpful resources: - Thanks to Previous Thread makers Skab, GoodKingJayIII, Bethryn, Shen, SkutSkut, HexDex, _J_, and Noggin

Battletag: Noggin#1936
Noggin on
«13456799

Posts

  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    context edit: People claim you can cube 70 rare > Legendary on a lower level to improve your odds on certain items
    shadowane wrote: »
    It's an interesting premise. Wouldn't surprise me if it worked in some cases.

    edit: If it worked, Crusaders could get a Johanna's Argument with no competition as it is supposedly available at level 12. Easy way to get an ancient version?

    Ya, that'd be a much faster way to test if it works.

    Just get a lvl 70 1h flail + mats then try it on a lvl 12 crusader... if the game prevents it, or gives you ANY other flail then it's just a rumor

    Noggin on
    Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    SneakmanSneakman Registered User regular
    New thread, new personal best.

    i8XmB12.jpg

    I swapped Taeguk for Pain Enhancer and the results were immediately noticeable. My Hammer of the Ancients has almost 100% crit chance so it synergizes really well with PE. In a large pack it feels like attacking with a 1-handed weapon and surprisingly I ran out of fury a few times. I still need an ancient Gavel with LpFS to really push higher. Gotta farm more bounties.

    Diablo 3 | Sneakman#1625 | S9 Multishot Demon Hunter
  • Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    That helm is so terrible looking.

  • Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    Noggin wrote: »
    context edit: People claim you can cube 70 rare > Legendary on a lower level to improve your odds on certain items
    shadowane wrote: »
    It's an interesting premise. Wouldn't surprise me if it worked in some cases.

    edit: If it worked, Crusaders could get a Johanna's Argument with no competition as it is supposedly available at level 12. Easy way to get an ancient version?

    Ya, that'd be a much faster way to test if it works.

    Just get a lvl 70 1h flail + mats then try it on a lvl 12 crusader... if the game prevents it, or gives you ANY other flail then it's just a rumor

    Might have To try this to get a Flow of Eternity. That or another Uli piece would be a HUGE upgrade for me, but I've had no luck.

    PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    edited August 2015
    29 is the level for flow of eternity.
    That gives you 4 3 possible daibos.
    Balance
    Lai Yui's Taiji
    The Flow of Eternity
    The Paddle.

    Edit: Taiji is low level only. The 70 version is Lai Yui's Persuader.

    TTODewback on
    Bless your heart.
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Idiot that I am, I just blew my entire supply of the level-70 crafting element ("forgotten souls" I want to say--the orange category one in any case) on a Hellfire Amulet for my demon hunter.

    Actually making the amulet wasn't the stupid part, at least, I don't think it was. For what it's worth, I got an "ancient" Hellfire Amulet.

    The stupid part was trying to change a particular stat on the amulet to make it competitive (in terms of DPS) with my current amulet, which saw me use the remaining ten crafting material I possessed, along with another 7 from less-than-useful legendaries I decided to salvage, and still not getting the particular stat change I sought.

    I'm not sure if I should have just settled after the first five attempts or so (it's not like I really understand how stats work in Diablo III), but I'd never had this much trouble getting a particular stat that WAS an option for changing.

    So, yeah, this idiot is going to take a probably overdue break from Diablo III, I think.

  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    So I've barely played at all since before seasons started, so there's tons of new stuff for me.

    I just hit 70 on my season 4 wizard. How do I get a keystone for greater rifts? Keep doing normal rifts until one drops, if I'm reading it correctly?

  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    So I've barely played at all since before seasons started, so there's tons of new stuff for me.

    I just hit 70 on my season 4 wizard. How do I get a keystone for greater rifts? Keep doing normal rifts until one drops, if I'm reading it correctly?
    Correct, the higher difficulty of the rift the greater the chance of a greater rift key from the rift guardian

    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    @Synthesis that doesn't make you an idiot. Getting the stats you want on an ancient hellfire would've set you up for a loooong time, so it's understandable to sink resources.

    If you're enjoying everything else about the game, don't let enchanting get you down. It can take a lot of rolls sometimes, but it's also easier than ever to get the souls to keep trying.

    Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    If using a low level character to force a specific grouping of legendaries works, one could gear up a new Blessed Hammer crusader a little easier since both the flail and the shield are level 12 legs. The flail is the only one and the shield is 1 of 2. Pretty nice.

  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    I got a lot of research to do, having not played since seasons were introduced.

    Me and my gf just started it on ps4, is there a friend list for that?

    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    AsharadAsharad Registered User regular
    Can anyone recommend a guide to using the cube. Back after a bit of a break and I am not 100% sure how I am supposed to use it.

    Thanks.

  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Noggin wrote: »
    @Synthesis that doesn't make you an idiot. Getting the stats you want on an ancient hellfire would've set you up for a loooong time, so it's understandable to sink resources.

    If you're enjoying everything else about the game, don't let enchanting get you down. It can take a lot of rolls sometimes, but it's also easier than ever to get the souls to keep trying.

    I suppose it's not entirely my fault, but I have to say going through ~17 forgotten souls (after spending 10 to make the amulet) just to try and get that one stat (perhaps misguidedly) was one serious kick to the nuts. Part of it is that D3 is, as it stands, the lone RNG/Loot game I play. Enchanting has become a big part of the overall experience as a result of which (albeit one that comes and goes), maybe because I feel like I still rarely get loot that isn't a worse duplicate of something I already have (I doubt I'm particularly unlucky so much as not sufficiently patient).

    I mean, this is still worlds above the state of crafting when the game first came out (when I quickly realized I would not craft anything, because it simply was not worth it, and made no apologies for the fact), but it still stings.

    Honestly, I just wish that forgotten souls were more readily obtainable--that their rarity was more reflective of being the lvl 61 - 70 crafting item and scaled as such rather than as though they were legendary weapons or armor. There are some nights were I find 2 or 3 orange items, other nights where I find none. Again, that's a reflection of how much time I have to invest into it. I have to say, this is the first time I find I really miss the auction house (though it's not as though forgotten souls were ever on sale there either).

    I was probably overdue for a break anyway. There's a reason why D3 is my lone RNG/loot hunting game.

  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    @Synthesis if you were rolling for Crit Chance or Crit Damage on that Hellfire, then it might take a while. Not all affixes are weighted equally for Enchanting purposes.

    If you're having trouble getting Souls, try teaming up with some of the PA'ers next time you're on. Four player groups on high Torment difficulties bring the Souls like cheap, corn syrup laden candies.

  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Asharad wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a guide to using the cube. Back after a bit of a break and I am not 100% sure how I am supposed to use it.

    Thanks.

    If you go to it and click the little thing at the bottom right, it has a built in guide for all of its functions (ignoring the stupid names it gives everything)

    Bless your heart.
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    @Synthesis if you were rolling for Crit Chance or Crit Damage on that Hellfire, then it might take a while. Not all affixes are weighted equally for Enchanting purposes.

    If you're having trouble getting Souls, try teaming up with some of the PA'ers next time you're on. Four player groups on high Torment difficulties bring the Souls like cheap, corn syrup laden candies.

    That's sound advice (and good to know). I'm still going to be taking a break, because the more I think about it, the more I realize I really need a break (as a simple matter of fact, I can't commit time to playing games the way a lot of thread regulars do, and that includes D3). When I'm back, I should really check out getting help (my last buddy in D3 were mostly in the area of ~20 or thereabouts, and he gave the game up completely before the expansion came out).

    To be clear, I was rolling for critical damage, not critical chance (as it happens, I got critical chance no less than seven times in my efforts, and ended up settling with that), since that's what my current amulet had. Again, perhaps completely misguided, but that was the objective in my mind and I really wanted it that +90% to critical damage.

  • Options
    SkyAndPieSkyAndPie Registered User regular
    ZDPS monks are so OP this patch. I had a great time pushing grifts yesterday with Saldonas, Jookie, Rius, and Sneakman. Definitely want to push 65+ sometime this week. Also just crafted ancient Borne's and Crimson set this morning so I should have a crap ton more LPS because apparently I didn't have enough :P. Tossed in a Rogar's Huge Stone for good measure. I think my ZDPS gear is as good as it's going to get besides maybe an ancient Innas helm, ancient Crudest Boots, and a properly rolled Storm Shield with LPS. Also thanks so much @Scosglen for power leveling me yesterday.

    Diablo 3: SkyAndPie#1551
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Asharad wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a guide to using the cube. Back after a bit of a break and I am not 100% sure how I am supposed to use it.

    Thanks.

    If you go to it and click the little thing at the bottom right, it has a built in guide for all of its functions (ignoring the stupid names it gives everything)

    I'm PS4 and need the same thing. Any website anywhere go into things?

    Also, do I have to do any special sort of rift to make pylons spawn more often? I need a channeling pylon to finish a challenge.

    edit: d'oh here: http://www.diablowiki.net/Archive_of_Tal_Rasha

    Magic Pink on
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Bless your heart.
  • Options
    PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    Asharad wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a guide to using the cube. Back after a bit of a break and I am not 100% sure how I am supposed to use it.

    Thanks.

    1. Obtain cube from new area in Act 3; Sescheron.

    2. Complete bounties for new crafting mats.

    3. Combine new mats + deaths breath + legendary item in cube to assimilate that item's ability/affix/nifty thing it does.

    4. From the cube interface, select three passives from the list of items you have assimilated(weapon, armor, and jewelry slots respectively).

    5. Bask in the unmitigated awesomeness that is the cube.

    The cube is basically a way to add three more passives to your character. Any legendary that is assimilated is destroyed in the process but the affix becomes a permanent addition to the cube's library. These are account wide unlocks. Any character that has access to the cube has access to it's list of affixes.

    It does other things as well(most notably upgrading a rare yellow item to a legendary). In this way my witch doctor was finally able to get his hands on a Star Metal Kukri. It took a few tries but this was far faster than waiting for one to drop. I was also able to obtain a Furnace this way(non-ancient, crap rolls but I did get one).

    http://www.diablowiki.net/Kanai’s_Cube

  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Does zdps monk use Inna's?

    They've really, really, really got to do something about the buff limit

    Maintaining the Tal Rasha buff is super damn annoying when it keeps getting pushed off the screen

  • Options
    JustTeeJustTee Registered User regular
    So I finally got back from a work trip this weekend, and spent ~7 hours on Sunday night getting a season 4 DH up to 70.

    Who's up for rifting until our eyes bleed and our fingers fall off?

    Also, I'm extremely excited to create level 70 legendaries with the cube, and then remove the level requirement from them to level up new characters. That seems so silly and awesome and fun. Plus, using the cubed abilities from level 1 also seems hilarious and awesome!

    Diagnosed with AML on 6/1/12. Read about it: www.effleukemia.com
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    step 1 of using the cube: save EVERY puzzle ring you find. you can unlock the goblin vault using them.

    i already have over a billion gold on season thanks to this

  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    SkyAndPie wrote: »
    ZDPS monks are so OP this patch. I had a great time pushing grifts yesterday with Saldonas, Jookie, Rius, and Sneakman. Definitely want to push 65+ sometime this week. Also just crafted ancient Borne's and Crimson set this morning so I should have a crap ton more LPS because apparently I didn't have enough :P. Tossed in a Rogar's Huge Stone for good measure. I think my ZDPS gear is as good as it's going to get besides maybe an ancient Innas helm, ancient Crudest Boots, and a properly rolled Storm Shield with LPS. Also thanks so much @Scosglen for power leveling me yesterday.

    Been theorycrafting a Team Unicorn wizzy build with dual hydras since apparently we're still quasi-immortal. So much for thinking everyone would have to be a little tanky =)

  • Options
    SneakmanSneakman Registered User regular
    SkyAndPie wrote: »
    ZDPS monks are so OP this patch. I had a great time pushing grifts yesterday with Saldonas, Jookie, Rius, and Sneakman. Definitely want to push 65+ sometime this week. Also just crafted ancient Borne's and Crimson set this morning so I should have a crap ton more LPS because apparently I didn't have enough :P. Tossed in a Rogar's Huge Stone for good measure. I think my ZDPS gear is as good as it's going to get besides maybe an ancient Innas helm, ancient Crudest Boots, and a properly rolled Storm Shield with LPS. Also thanks so much @Scosglen for power leveling me yesterday.

    We wrecked that 60 even though we were carrying your friend. With the life regen from your monk I could try dropping War Cry for Threatening Shout: Falter for another 25% debuff. With a good group I think 65 would be easily attainable. Let's do it!

    Diablo 3 | Sneakman#1625 | S9 Multishot Demon Hunter
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Are there any block builds that are good for Crusaders? Kind of want to give that a try, but it sounds like it's very gear-specific.

  • Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    Does zdps monk use Inna's?

    They've really, really, really got to do something about the buff limit

    Maintaining the Tal Rasha buff is super damn annoying when it keeps getting pushed off the screen
    They have plenty of space for three or four more buffs without having to create a new row for them. I don't get it.

    Also having all four mantras doubled on everyone is hard to ignore. Massive increase to durability (1.4x resist all), regen (gigantic regen aura that scales off regen), and damage (enemies within thirty yards take 1.24x damage). I'm sure it could be done without the four piece but you kinda want the two piece anyways and throwing on one gear slot to get the extra auras - and doubled, seems almost required at that point.

    butts
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Al_wat wrote: »
    step 1 of using the cube: save EVERY puzzle ring you find. you can unlock the goblin vault using them.

    i already have over a billion gold on season thanks to this

    I have a random puzzle ring how do I make this happen

  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    3clipse wrote: »
    Al_wat wrote: »
    step 1 of using the cube: save EVERY puzzle ring you find. you can unlock the goblin vault using them.

    i already have over a billion gold on season thanks to this

    I have a random puzzle ring how do I make this happen

    Same way you get the Not The Cow level I would guess: http://www.diablowiki.net/Kanai’s_Cube#Portal:_Not_the_Cow_Level

    I have one too but I'd rather rip out the power.

    Magic Pink on
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    SkyAndPie wrote: »
    ZDPS monks are so OP this patch. I had a great time pushing grifts yesterday with Saldonas, Jookie, Rius, and Sneakman. Definitely want to push 65+ sometime this week. Also just crafted ancient Borne's and Crimson set this morning so I should have a crap ton more LPS because apparently I didn't have enough :P. Tossed in a Rogar's Huge Stone for good measure. I think my ZDPS gear is as good as it's going to get besides maybe an ancient Innas helm, ancient Crudest Boots, and a properly rolled Storm Shield with LPS. Also thanks so much @Scosglen for power leveling me yesterday.

    Can confirm, that shit is ludicrously OP. My health bar would sometimes dip down to 90%. OH NO 90% I'M IN SO MUCH DANGER. And then otherwise it'd just stay at 100%. Was able to drop Ignore Pain for Threatening Shout-Falter (which is really really good this patch!).

    The triple/quadruple barb runs we did were fun though.

    Also, could you list out the deets of the exact build? I'm interested in knowing what makes it work exactly.

    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    So thorns works now.
    Just not in anything above Torment 1 really.
    So basically it doesnt work.

    Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    wait a sec

    so the ghost guy over the cube is Kanai and NOT zoltan kulle?

  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    wait a sec

    so the ghost guy over the cube is Kanai and NOT zoltan kulle?

    The guy when you find the cube is the Immortal King (Kanai)
    The guy in your camp is Zoltan Kulle (Well one of his sandshifting clone-things)

    TTODewback on
    Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    What's the deets on the OP zdps build

  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    3clipse wrote: »
    Al_wat wrote: »
    step 1 of using the cube: save EVERY puzzle ring you find. you can unlock the goblin vault using them.

    i already have over a billion gold on season thanks to this

    I have a random puzzle ring how do I make this happen

    Same way you get the Not The Cow level I would guess: http://www.diablowiki.net/Kanai’s_Cube#Portal:_Not_the_Cow_Level

    I have one too but I'd rather rip out the power.

    The best is using a puzzle ring to unlock the vault, and then finding another puzzle ring IN the vault.

    This has happened to me at least three times

  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    http://www.diablofans.com/builds/57533-quin69-gr74-healing-monk-group-only

    this is basically it.
    except pretty much always use Rogar's over Occulus because it weirds out and makes healing mantra/mystic ally insane

    Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    also i inadvertently figured out how to continuously farm gobs in the vault.

    basically get the gobs off the boss, make sure you loot them during the fight, then wipe. repeat.

    i havent done it deliberately, like over and over, but my group wiped on TX and i realized it is possible.

  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    wait a sec

    so the ghost guy over the cube is Kanai and NOT zoltan kulle?

    The guy when you find the cube is the Immortal King (Kanai)
    The guy in your camp is Zoltan Kulle (Well one of his sandshifting clone-things)

    I really wish I had sound on when I clicked Zoltan last night. "Yea, I'm alive, try being less shit. There's this thing you should go find, though."

    FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    So I hate to keep asking this but I'm missing something.

    I've run about 6 Nepahelem Rifts looking for a Channeling Pylon and not only have I not found one, I haven't seen ANY. I've seen 3 shrines but zero pylons. I'm only running Normal tho; should I be doing higher difficulties to make them more likely to show up? Or do Greater instead?

    Magic Pink on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    double wd owns

    also http://www.d3planner.com/752659266 watt this is kind of what I was thinking of

This discussion has been closed.