Options

[Super Mario Maker] Create your own Mario levels and share them with everyone!

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    edited December 2015
    That mario maker browsing site is up
    CW0A9zIU8AAm2XZ.png

Wish it let me see who I'm following that has new recent stuff.

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    TelMarineTelMarine Registered User regular
    agoaj wrote: »
    That mario maker browsing site is up
    ?url=https%3A%2F%2Fpbs.twimg.com%2Fmedia%2FCW0A9zIU8AAm2XZ.png&width=400&height=200

Wish it let me see who I'm following that has new recent stuff.

Interesting, it even has some levels labeled as "Super Expert". A few of mine have that label.

3ds: 4983-4935-4575
  • Options
    You cannot search a course by title...

• Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    Yeah that sucks. Aw well, the update just went live here in Europe! Time to make a shoot em up!

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    cravipatcravipat CFKPW? Registered User regular
    TelMarine wrote: »
    I'm gonna say mine just barely qualifies since I made a standard level with my first attempt at a boss encounter:

Second In Command - B167-0000-0123-7B49

While it's nice that you gave an extra power up for the boss, you can just sit on top of the box while Bowser Jr is in his shell. When he stops he'll be right under you and you can just drop down to hit him.

nw1m8qQ.pngwNA4DEe.png6W3X2nk.png
    Super Mario Maker ID: DBB-1RH-JJG
  • Options
    cravipat wrote: »
    I'm gonna say mine just barely qualifies since I made a standard level with my first attempt at a boss encounter:

While it's nice that you gave an extra power up for the boss, you can just sit on top of the box while Bowser Jr is in his shell. When he stops he'll be right under you and you can just drop down to hit him.

I mentioned the same thing while playtesting it. Perhaps move the block to the room before it?

See my profile here!
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    That is an extremely limited number of tags.

The site is leaving much to be desired, but hopefully it is just the beginning?

• Options
    Alphagaia wrote: »

I mentioned the same thing while playtesting it. Perhaps move the block to the room before it?

Yeah that's okay. I discovered that before I uploaded it. I moved the block down 1 square because before he couldn't even hit you. He throws hammers which can hit you if you wait long enough. Mario bosses were never really challenging by themselves anyway so I'm just going to leave it.

• Options
    gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    Kai_San wrote: »

With the limit of one tag, it makes sense to make them limited. Not every level necessarily needs a tag.

Also, I'm really curious what Super Expert means. Hopefully it means they aren't in Expert 100-Mario rotation!

As for my stats, I ended up with 3 Easy, 6 Normal, 2 Expert.

• Options
    Apart from Groundhog Day and the latest one (which oddly doesn't have any ranking), all of my SMMC level got tagged as expert. The rest are normal, including my two kids' levels which are full of enemy spam and hard to finish if you don't know where they hid the hidden block powerups. I wonder how they are determining the rankings since I've got an expert level with a higher completion percentage than one of the normal levels.

From what I can tell it seems like other people can tag your levels as well. I don't know if it shows multiple tags then or it just shows the tag that the most people have selected. And I want to know who is picking the thumbnail tag.

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    I have a pretty good mix of Easy-Super Expert.

My "Legitimately Impossible" and "Final Destination" ones are super expert. Surprised to see "Icarus 1-2" listed as Easy.

• Options
    MetaHybridMetaHybrid Taste defeat!Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    As I figured, 5 out of the 11 courses I uploaded are Expert, while the rest are normal.

What's odd is "Honeycomb Hive" is at a 9% clear rate and set to normal, while "Shipping Order" is at 10% and set to expert, and I think Shipping Order is tougher, so it's funny how that worked out.

MetaHybrid on
    3DS: 3265-5577-2211 NNID: Metahybrid
  • Options
    gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    Apart from Groundhog Day and the latest one (which oddly doesn't have any ranking), all of my SMMC level got tagged as expert. The rest are normal, including my two kids' levels which are full of enemy spam and hard to finish if you don't know where they hid the hidden block powerups. I wonder how they are determining the rankings since I've got an expert level with a higher completion percentage than one of the normal levels.

From what I can tell it seems like other people can tag your levels as well. I don't know if it shows multiple tags then or it just shows the tag that the most people have selected. And I want to know who is picking the thumbnail tag.

If you log in, there's an option in your settings that lets you prevent other people from changing the tag.

And I'm reasonably certain I read that its only the last selected tag.

• Options
    gjaustin wrote: »

With the limit of one tag, it makes sense to make them limited. Not every level necessarily needs a tag.

Also, I'm really curious what Super Expert means. Hopefully it means they aren't in Expert 100-Mario rotation!

As for my stats, I ended up with 3 Easy, 6 Normal, 2 Expert.

Well I mean more the options for a tag. Its basically a bunch of not really mario level tags and then there is Theme. I guess you do not use a tag then if it is just a level?

I guess I was more hoping for tags involving what KIND of level it is. Still though, I wish there could be more stuff to do on there. Like clickable maps that let you see the places where people died more easily or something.

• Options
    I was playing around with creating a Christmas themed level that my whole family would be able to complete. I wanted it short, easy and nice to look at.

Mario's Super Christmas Special
    8434-0000-0128-1173

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Heheh all of my Despair courses are Super Expert.

• Options
    edited December 2015
    Shoot m to BITS

ID: C109-0000-014D-4E09

5j72ft6pv2e6.jpg

It's done! It's hectic! It's fun!?! It has a boss! Hold y to power up your shot or obtain a triple shot via a fireflower!

Alphagaia on

See my profile here!
  • Options
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular

You can try a Google search with "Mario Maker Bookmark" included, that's how I found Armageddan.

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Zek wrote: »

You can try a Google search with "Mario Maker Bookmark" included, that's how I found Armageddan.

Shhhhh, Nintendo might take the whole shebang offline now.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    IceBurnerIceBurner It's cold and there are penguins.Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Reposting from Festivus-land:

Antigravity 2G's: 6DC5-0000-0145-3B0B
    mtchnf8t8dif.jpg
    I've been revising courses from my near-complete series of 12. This time the focus is less loyalty to my crayon drawings, but making them play better and adding checkpoints. I did not have the benefit of playtesting in 1990, so even though the drawings are actually done in erasable crayon, the designs had no reason to evolve until now.

Antigravity is a course I was both proud of and dissatisfied with. I liked its atmosphere and theme, but the execution needed another pass. This version of Antigravity should be much more cohesive. The odd tubes are still there but their layouts make more sense. I made extensive changes so the moving platform gimmick would be consistent and iterative. I also make several penalty-free introductions of stage elements, such as conveyors and P-switches.

Overall this should shift the difficulty downward. As seen in my profile the new Mario Maker Courses browsing site, its original version has a success rate just above Cruel Cruel Castle, which is my intentionally nasty level. For a stage 4, that's not quite where I wanted it to be. I hope you have more fun with this than the last time!

Edit: Seems to take about 24 hours before your profile on the new site will update to reflect any new courses. Not sure how long before you begin to get stats.

IceBurner on
    3DS: 3024-6114-2886 | NNID: Rabites | Steam: IceBurner
    PSN: theIceBurner, IceBurnerEU, IceBurner-JP | X-Link Kai: TheIceBurner
    Dragon's Dogma: 192 Warrior Linty | 80 Strider Alicia | 32 Mage Terra
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    I've reuploaded the level!

Shoot m to BITS

7mquo3yzle5j.jpg

edit: I also made an easy version:
    Easy version: AB9A-0000-014D-3585
    Hard version: C109-0000-014D-4E09

Alphagaia on

See my profile here!
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    So. Fired up the ol' Mario Maker this morning to find that my two best courses, the two I spent the most time on and the two I was most proud of, have been deleted from the online server. What's more, you are forever blocked from re-uploading, you can't even edit the course, make some changes, and re-upload.

Nintendo, you host a flaming garbage shitpile a thousand miles tall and yet you go out of your way to delete levels that actually had some thought put into them. I can't even share them with friends anymore. Nintendo, go fuck yourselves. I think I'm done with this game.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    So. Fired up the ol' Mario Maker this morning to find that my two best courses, the two I spent the most time on and the two I was most proud of, have been deleted from the online server. What's more, you are forever blocked from re-uploading, you can't even edit the course, make some changes, and re-upload.

Nintendo, you host a flaming garbage shitpile a thousand miles tall and yet you go out of your way to delete levels that actually had some thought put into them. I can't even share them with friends anymore. Nintendo, go fuck yourselves. I think I'm done with this game.

Why were they deleted?

See my profile here!
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Courses with no stars get deleted after a certain period of time.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    My courses had stars. Nintendo doesn't really tell you why they delete your shit. I assume they weren't performing well in the popularity contest that is their ranking system.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    My courses had stars. Nintendo doesn't really tell you why they delete your shit. I assume they weren't performing well in the popularity contest that is their ranking system.

What does 'not really tell' mean? What did they tell?Why do you think they got deleted? Is it really a popularity thing? Then why is it your best levels?

Edit: sorry I'm all question heavy right now, but I'm really curious what happened.

Alphagaia on

See my profile here!
  • Options
    Fleur de AlysFleur de Alys Biohacker Registered User regular
    Courses deleted because of no stars / low popularity can most definitely be re-uploaded. Another user here has reported doing so several times.

Even courses reported for stuff like inappropriate names have been re-uploaded with new names.

This is new. Is there some way to reach out to support regarding this? Maybe something got corrupted in version updates or something.

Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
  • Options
    It would not surprise me if it were new. It seems to me like it would be pointless to delete courses for legit reasons (low or no rating, no completion, etc) and allow them to be immediately reuploaded. Of course it gets rid of the bad ones from users who no longer play but still.

However, is there the possiblity these courses took advantage of some glitch or bug that was fixed? This would pretty much account for both the odd deletion as well as the inability to reupload them.

• Options
    Apparently there's a message that appears when trying to reupload a level that was deleted.

"This level cant be uploaded as was deleted server-side" (Or something like that), which means not being able to reupload it is intentional.

Which is amazingly stupid.

• Options
    edited December 2015
    So something they are going to fix?

Alphagaia on

See my profile here!
  • Options

What does 'not really tell' mean? What did they tell?Why do you think they got deleted? Is it really a popularity thing? Then why is it your best levels?

Edit: sorry I'm all question heavy right now, but I'm really curious what happened.

I got a notification saying the course had been removed from the server and no longer exists online. There was no reason given for this.

There's now a red icon on top of these levels in course bot. This is what happens when you try to re-upload.

WVW69itqkKoVorbJZl

This happens even if you make changes in the editor and make a brand new save. You can't even use the level as a template anymore.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    So I finally did a new level after not playing for awhile. I actually accidentally started a thing that kind of qualifies for the current challenge. Is that still going? I know the judging was slated for today so I am not sure if this is too late, if so then just consider me posting a level.

If its not too late, let this be my SMMC #13 entry.

https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/2CCF-0000-014A-C33F

2CCF-0000-014A-C33F.jpg

I am not too confident about this level but I did enjoy it myself and spent a ton of time trying to balance the second "arena". I wanted it to be hectic, though I wish I could have made the challenge build up a little more.

There are a few ways to make things a little bit easier, but in the end it kind of ends up being how well you can get to a mushroom before you die.

Feel free to let me know what you think, even if its not for the SMMC I would take any suggestions where to improve it.

• Options
    edited December 2015
    So I finally did a new level after not playing for awhile. I actually accidentally started a thing that kind of qualifies for the current challenge. Is that still going? I know the judging was slated for today so I am not sure if this is too late, if so then just consider me posting a level.

If its not too late, let this be my SMMC #13 entry.

https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/2CCF-0000-014A-C33F

2CCF-0000-014A-C33F.jpg

I am not too confident about this level but I did enjoy it myself and spent a ton of time trying to balance the second "arena". I wanted it to be hectic, though I wish I could have made the challenge build up a little more.

There are a few ways to make things a little bit easier, but in the end it kind of ends up being how well you can get to a mushroom before you die.

Feel free to let me know what you think, even if its not for the SMMC I would take any suggestions where to improve it.

Here is my two cents:

First off: I nice easy start to get acquainted with the idea! Not sure why the first power up needs to be tricky to get, but at least speed will help.

Small niggle: the warppipes have pipes above and below them that almost need to be crouched to get between when you are big Mario. A bit more room would create an easier access.

The beetle room has a hidden block on the right with a beetle shell on it, that is hard to get. Fishes from the next room already start appearing. I used this to jump the pipe and miss the checkpoint.

The last room needs a bit less random survival, IMO. I made it in one go, but it was more keep getting the powerup then evaiding enemies.
    Take a look at @MetaHybrid level for a good idea on how to toughen up a room after some time has passed. Maybe download his level to see how he has done it and try out the different rooms he made?

Alphagaia on

See my profile here!
  • Options
    I'm pretty happy with that mechanic, adding a second obstacle to a room over time hopefully keeps the gameplay from being monotonous.

Just know I get 10% of your stars.

• Options

I got a notification saying the course had been removed from the server and no longer exists online. There was no reason given for this.

There's now a red icon on top of these levels in course bot. This is what happens when you try to re-upload.

WVW69itqkKoVorbJZl

This happens even if you make changes in the editor and make a brand new save. You can't even use the level as a template anymore.

Which ones got deleted? Also how long were you idle (aka not logging in). I'm curious as to how they handle that.

• Options
    @Munkus Beaver shell game is the new super Mario style one, right? I remember taking a path that let me skip most of the level, so I'm assuming that was the hidden path.

As for "two paths", I beat it the first time going back to the standard area. Then I played it again to see what the sub-area path was like.

• Options
    edited December 2015

WVW69itqkKoVorbJZl

Which ones got deleted? Also how long were you idle (aka not logging in). I'm curious as to how they handle that.

Slip Slide Ride Fortress and Hot Block Hop Fortress. They were both hard levels, but I don't see them deleting Panga's stuff.

Seems to me unless you are a youtube celeb or have some huge following, your levels are on the chopping block and Nintendo's meat cleaver dangles like the sword of Damocles.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    I'll add that I didn't log in for about a month. I've got a couple real shit-show levels up though that didn't get chopped, so I'm not sure what role idle time plays.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    I have some pretty under played levels and not a single one has been deleted.

There is either something you are not accounting for or there was a mistake. They do not seem to be deleting levels all willy nilly.