Options

[GAME ON]New Pokemon Thread! - DP Out now

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    In all the previous online DS games, they're generated by the game when you go online for the first time. Then they stay the same as long as you don't try to go online with that cartridge in a different DS than the first one. If you do, your old code is reset and it's a big pain in the ass if you have to get all your old friends to reenter your new code.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    bruinbruin Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Ohhhhhh fuck two days

bruin on
  • Options
    RedMageDarionRedMageDarion Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Joy!

I'm playing Pokemon Diamond! I'd type more, but y'know... Pokeymans.

RedMageDarion on
    Pokemon White - 3954.6369.6328
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    To people already playing the game, how is the music? Does it sounds a lot better than it did on GBA? The battle music has always been one of my favorite part of Pokemon games.

bruin on
  • Options
    SpeakeasySpeakeasy Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    bruin wrote: »
    To people already playing the game, how is the music? Does it sounds a lot better than it did on GBA? The battle music has always been one of my favorite part of Pokemon games.

If you're talking about the quality, then it's a tad better.

But if you are talking about the actual music, overall I like the songs better here than any of the other versions. Especially the rival's theme.

Speakeasy on
    smokeco3.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Speakeasy wrote: »
    bruin wrote: »

If you're talking about the quality, then it's a tad better.

But if you are talking about the actual music, overall I like the songs better here than any of the other versions. Especially the rival's theme.

I was asking about both I guess. Awesome, thanks.:^:

bruin on
  • Options
    GilderGilder Aw snap Macaroni PartyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Houk wrote: »
    Gilder wrote: »
    i gotta break out my ds tomorrow to grab my friends code, as ive never had a reason to find it out before now.

and i mentioned before but i will say again, i will be holding off on starting my own game for a while so i can hook people up with all the starters they could dream of. this is to balance out all the hojillions of pokeymans im gonna beg off other people.

edit: and if people wanna start sending me pm's with what starters they want, preferred name (if any), and friends code, i can get it all ready to go before the FINAL COUNTDOOOOOWN is over.

Houk you are a saint and if you get me the grass and fire starters, I will so totally give you a mew or celebi if you need one as soon I can access the park. I have 2 mew's and 3 celebi's I think so I can part with one of them.
    late, but you are a man among men. i dunno which of those i would pick. ideally id take whichever one is tougher to find, but eh. all things being equal, im thinking celebi.

make sure and shoot me a pm once you get friends code, along with whatever names you might want your starters to have.

Then Celebi it is! I will however do a temp trade for Mew if you want where I just give him to you and you send him right back so it can register as being seen/caught even if you don't still have him. I'm hoping somebody with Deoxys will do the same thing for me.

As soon as I get my code I'll send you a PM but honestly for names, I usually just name them the same thing but in proper punctuation. All capital names bug me but I don't really mind them on trades. If you do that though, don't make the mistake I did. I accidentally uncapitalized their names and then traded but forgot I can't change names of traded guys so when they evolved, they still had their basic starter names. Gilder sends out Torchic! *Level 65 Blaziken appears* :lol:

Oh, do you need a Jirachi? I have a ruby that I basically use as my Jirachi maker so I can get an unlimited amount of them. I have like 4 or 5 of them I think and they're never been used so they're clean.

Gilder on
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew thread!

... four pages in. Same thing.

The anticipation mounts. Mounts I say! The next two days are gonna be killer.

And Houk, think that perhaps I could get the grass and fire starters as well? I really only need Charmander, but the others would be nice if you're not swamped with other people taking advantage of your awesomeness. In return I'll totally give you... uh... a hug?

Vann Diras on
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Then Celebi it is! I will however do a temp trade for Mew if you want where I just give him to you and you send him right back so it can register as being seen/caught even if you don't still have him. I'm hoping somebody with Deoxys will do the same thing for me.

As soon as I get my code I'll send you a PM but honestly for names, I usually just name them the same thing but in proper punctuation. All capital names bug me but I don't really mind them on trades. If you do that though, don't make the mistake I did. I accidentally uncapitalized their names and then traded but forgot I can't change names of traded guys so when they evolved, they still had their basic starter names. Gilder sends out Torchic! *Level 65 Blaziken appears* :lol:

Oh, do you need a Jirachi? I have a ruby that I basically use as my Jirachi maker so I can get an unlimited amount of them. I have like 4 or 5 of them I think and they're never been used so they're clean.
    yeah the trade-tradeback for mew would be awesome, as would the goofy but lovable jirachi. seriously, ive got the fever. its been in remission, but i can feel a relapse of the highest order coming on.

ill make sure not to rename so that evos dont get crazy.

t vann diras - sure, just make sure to send me a PM with all necessary info. i will totally forget otherwise.

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    bombboybombboy Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    i gotta break out my ds tomorrow to grab my friends code, as ive never had a reason to find it out before now.

and i mentioned before but i will say again, i will be holding off on starting my own game for a while so i can hook people up with all the starters they could dream of. this is to balance out all the hojillions of pokeymans im gonna beg off other people.

edit: and if people wanna start sending me pm's with what starters they want, preferred name (if any), and friends code, i can get it all ready to go before the FINAL COUNTDOOOOOWN is over.

Houk you are a saint and if you get me the grass and fire starters, I will so totally give you a mew or celebi if you need one as soon I can access the park. I have 2 mew's and 3 celebi's I think so I can part with one of them.
    late, but you are a man among men. i dunno which of those i would pick. ideally id take whichever one is tougher to find, but eh. all things being equal, im thinking celebi.

make sure and shoot me a pm once you get friends code, along with whatever names you might want your starters to have.

omgz, from the 3rd gen, Mew and Celebi are 2 of 6 I am missing. I so want to be in on this when the ball gets rolling D:

bombboy on
    XBL - BombBoyGT | PSN - BombBoyGT | Steam - BombBoy | BF4
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    oh, and I have atleast one of all the others. They're organized by National Dex numbers, Pokémon Box ftw

bombboy on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    yeah the trade-tradeback for mew would be awesome, as would the goofy but lovable jirachi. seriously, ive got the fever. its been in remission, but i can feel a relapse of the highest order coming on.

ill make sure not to rename so that evos dont get crazy.

Then I shall also be sure to give you Jirachi and do the tradeback. The way I got back into the pokeyman fever was pretty odd. A friend gave me that e-card for ruby and sapphire that give you a ticket to go catch Latios or Latias and I just couldn't stand not using it. So I pick up Sapphire and it all came back to me. I'll also try and come up with some nicknames in the next 2 days if possible but if I can't, just leave them default and it'll all be fine.

Gilder on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    celebis are probably the hardest event pokemon to get in NA from the 3rd generation

if you would trade-tradeback me a celebi and mew for the data I would give you something good

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I can get Jirachis too, I think. I'll have to sacrifice my Sapphire game to do it tho since I lost Ruby.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    celebis are probably the hardest event pokemon to get in NA from the 3rd generation

if you would trade-tradeback me a celebi and mew for the data I would give you something good

Will do. Same for you bombboy. Is Deoxys one of those other 4 you're missing? If it isn't, it would be awesome if you could use it in the tradeback so I could get it registered.

Gilder on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    be careful with tradebacks though, you never know who might be out to rip you off

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Okay, made up my mind. Instead of eating lunch, I will go to the mall and get my copy of Diamond, so I don't have to wait until after I get off work to get it.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited April 2007

Will do. Same for you bombboy. Is Deoxys one of those other 4 you're missing? If it isn't, it would be awesome if you could use it in the tradeback so I could get it registered.

Yeah, Deoxys is #3 of 6, then Latios/Latias/Lugia :[

bombboy on
  • Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    why did they have to make the non-friend code stuff so half assed?

if I understand it correctly

1. You don't actually battle other people in the tower, you just fight the computer as if it were using other people's teams

2. You can't search for pokemon you've never seen when you're trying to trade

I'm not sure which one is more annoying. The second in particular is a needless restriction, but the first just sounds lazy.

Alucard6986 on
    PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Okay, made up my mind. Instead of eating lunch, I will go to the mall and get my copy of Diamond, so I don't have to wait until after I get off work to get it.

food is for losers and fat people anyway

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    be careful with tradebacks though, you never know who might be out to rip you off

Yeah, I'm considering making a few copies of Mew and Celebi with emerald, but I don't know if Nintendo will have some kind of guard against it. It's unlikely though. However, I think I should require some kind of collateral just in case, like a shiny or something really super special awesome.

Gilder on
  • Options
    edited April 2007

food is for losers and fat people anyway

One out of two ain't bad.

I'm kind of glad there isn't anything on Sunday Adult Swim I like to watch right now. I can just go home and play Diamond all day long until I have to go to sleep.

Then I can go to class, and afterwards find out if my campus wifi network works on the DS.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    why did they have to make the non-friend code stuff so half assed?

if I understand it correctly

1. You don't actually battle other people in the tower, you just fight the computer as if it were using other people's teams

2. You can't search for pokemon you've never seen when you're trying to trade

I'm not sure which one is more annoying. The second in particular is a needless restriction, but the first just sounds lazy.

I bet the first is so they don't have to worry about trainers and pokemon named "COCKVAGINA"

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Man, so I will have to use one of you guys for a Squirtle. If I can't search for it, then it's hard to get one off a random person.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    And the second restriction makes sense if you get in character. If you've never seen a Charmander before, how can you know what it is?

But yes, I agree, it's an annoying restriction. I guess they want you to rely on your friends for Pokemon you don't have.

Taya on
  • Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    /sigh

such a waste

oh well, I suppose at the very least they serve each other

even if they're not real battles you can accomplish "seeing" different pokemon you need through the tower, no?

Alucard6986 on
    PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
    ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Man, so I will have to use one of you guys for a Squirtle. If I can't search for it, then it's hard to get one off a random person.
    I have like 7 of them fresh out of the placenta of a Ditto.

ShimSham on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    ShimSham wrote: »
    I have like 7 of them fresh out of the placenta of a Ditto.

Save the placenta. It's good eats.

chef0126_big.jpg

But seriously- when can you use the tower thing for trading wifi? Because if possible, I could even trade you for one on MONDAY.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    The tower appears to be unlocked after you beat the Elite Four, according to the instruction booklet.

edit: but you trade online earlier than that. Still, you'll need the national dex before you can transfer over any squirtles. Either way, it won't be monday.

Taya on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I think I remember the guys on Gamespot saying one of the first few towns you encounter has the global trading center, so I imagine you can get to that pretty quickly.

But you won't be able to get anyone a Squirtle that fast. You'd have to wait til you finished the Elite 4 then get to the PalPark for you to transfer your GBA pokemon to your Diamond Cart to be traded.

Edit: But then again Taya has the game, I'm just going on loose vicarious information that could very easily be wrong.

ShimSham on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    To be clear:

Global trade center: in the first city you encounter. Can trade for stuff that you've seen without friend codes.
    Wifi with friends: available in the town with the first gym. Can trade and battle with friends online.
    Battle tower: Can download and battle online opponents "data" without friend codes. Unlocked after the E4.
    Pal Park: transfers over your pokemon from GBA. Unlocked after the national dex.

I think this is right.

Taya on
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Got the call from Aeris, but she said that the store would be open at 9 on Sunday. I was told just yesterday by an employee 8. So I called up and inquired.

Turns out that Aeris speaks for the majority of stores. Mine just happens to be one of the stores that will open at 8.

:^:

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    .. I'll have to wait til 11am because mine is in a Mall on a Sunday.

I really should have just decided to go to Walmart at midnight instead of paying for the game already at EB.

Edit and thanks for the clarity on that Taya.

ShimSham on
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Got the call from Aeris, but she said that the store would be open at 9 on Sunday. I was told just yesterday by an employee 8. So I called up and inquired.

Turns out that Aeris speaks for the majority of stores. Mine just happens to be one of the stores that will open at 8.

:^:

Bastard. Mine doesn't open until NOON.

I sue them!

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Taya, how many firend codes can you have registered?

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    paperwindpaperwind Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Quick question, but how do you go about getting moves like Solarbeam or Earthquake on multiple pokes when it seems that you only get one of each TM on any given playthrough? Does the secret lie in breeding, or is there something else I'm missing?

paperwind on
    Pokemon Diamond Friend Code: 0945.8747.1563 Trainer Name: Michael
    AIM Screenname: liberalkami Contact me there or PM for battling/trading offers.
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Mine opens at 10.

So not as early as Em or any other GS, but earlier than Pinks :D
    (they normally open at noon).

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    SirToons wrote: »
    Taya, how many firend codes can you have registered?
    32. D:

It isn't very big. I assume we'll be adding people and deleting people constantly.

Taya on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    32? D:

ShimSham on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    paperwind wrote: »
    Quick question, but how do you go about getting moves like Solarbeam or Earthquake on multiple pokes when it seems that you only get one of each TM on any given playthrough? Does the secret lie in breeding, or is there something else I'm missing?

Breeding or Multiple TMs.

Earthquake can be picked up at level 100 I think it is with the Pick-Up ability.

The Muffin Man on
This discussion has been closed.