Options

SPECIAL UPDATE: [SUPERHERO] WAR!!!

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Gah, I can't find that image (presumably an edit from one of the 4th wall breaking what-ifs) that was basically editorial saying to stop trying to make Agents of ATLAS a thing, since it was never going to be a thing...or something like that

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Yikes, I had no idea Trejo was over 70

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    2010-06-17_cc_121.gif
    http://comiccritics.com/2010/06/17/agents-of-atlas-anonymous/

It's from Comic Critics, a fairly decent webcomic. It's finished now.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Parker and Marvel wanted Agents of Atlas to be a thing so bad

But God dammit they gave them so many chances

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Secret Wars 9 was a good finale
    Black Panther going all the way back to the first issue of Hickman's New Avengers brought on some emotions. And that's a great way to send-off Reed & co for the time being.

• Options
    Secret Wars is definitely tooth and nail with House of M for best blockbuster Marvel events of the 21st century to me

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Blankzilla wrote: »

That comic speaks to my pain

And the worst part is I know it's not Marvel's fault

It's the goddamn fans with terrible taste, what is wrong with all of you?

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Stilts wrote: »

Just hold out hope that someday a writer will pull in some of the characters for a bigger title ala Alpha Flight in Captain Marvel right now

Jimmy Woo as a supporting character in one of the Captain America books would be super rad

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    So New Avengers had some insight from Ultimate Reed that I loved to death
    The main MU is "more flamboyant, and less practical" than his home universe, which he notes as Hawkeye takes out a dude with a ridiculous concussion arrow

He then says "Isn't that right, City?" but then the new city he built replies "I AM NOT CITY, I AM OMNITROTICUS" (Or something similar I don't have the actual comic next to me) and gives a full acronym meaning for each letter.

Reed just kind of sighs and says "....of course you are."

Welcome to comic books, Reed.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    For those who were on the fence on the new Image Humble Bundle, the last few additions have been revealed as
    Saga vol. 5
    Descender vol. 1
    and Phonogram vol. 2

(Doesn't help me much as I already have them all, but these are all great titles)
    -Tal wrote: »
    Thor: the dunk world

I somehow read that as the drunk world. Don't make Hulk drunk, you won't like him when he's drunk.
    Stilts wrote: »

I gave it a shot, but I disliked Venus not being the actual Venus, Namora's romantic interest in Namor (dueling banjos playing in the background) and some other stuff.

Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    oh did they bring back old lobo

is pretty boy lobo done

liEt3nH.png
  • Options

is pretty boy lobo done
    No, that's just Danny Trejo saying he wants to play Lobo

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    can danny trejo play old lobo and kill pretty boy lobo

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I loved the last page of Secret Wars 9

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

is pretty boy lobo done

Lobo...

Lobo...

Bring back ugly Lobo!

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Woo

Got me some comics.

Mighty Thor and Invincible Iron Man, and soon ANAD Avengers as well

If anybody's trying to get some digitals, hit me up

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Okay
    I think it's time to admit... that I just don't care about the Inhumans

I don't care about anything going on with Attilan in the comics, the stuff on AoS bored me to tears, and the Inhumans movie is the only upcoming Marvel film that I feel absolutely zero excitement for

Individual Inhumans like Kamala, sure
    Anything involving their society though is just white noise to me

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Yikes, I had no idea Trejo was over 70

Having a face like a pickled catchers mitt obscures your apparent age

• Options
    Give me your bff bracelet

I want it back now

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Best thing Danny Trejo has ever done

https://youtube.com/watch?v=hFeeyiqenR0

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Okay

I don't care about anything going on with Attilan in the comics, the stuff on AoS bored me to tears, and the Inhumans movie is the only upcoming Marvel film that I feel absolutely zero excitement for

I like Lockjaw and Black Bolt. But Inhumans have always sort of felt like Marvel's own in-house X-Men ripoff. I know that's not really accurate, but it's a preconception I can't get past.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Okay

I feel similar about the X-Men books. ANAD Wolverine is really good for example but I can't for the life of me care about the actual "X-Men" books.

• Options
    Yeah I don't read X-Men either
    Maybe "secret group of persecuted superhumans" just doesn't really strike a chord with me

• Options
    Personally I've been enjoying the Inhuman books more than the X-Books since they started the Inhuman push

The X-Titles are fine but they are just doing more of the HATED AND FEARED AND ENDANGERED shit that the X-Men have been doing forever and not really putting a unique enough spin on it. I'm really liking ANXM but that is mostly because I love fun teen books and Hopeless is a very good writer.

The Inhumans have been doing this really neat sci fi fantasy thing and it has really been working for me, and most of the new Inhumans have been great so far.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Nothing involving Tim and Eric should ever be anywhere near the word "best".

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    The Geek wrote: »

Best way to get me to change the channel.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Marvel has confirmed that a Captain America: Steve Rogers prelude issue is their second FCBD title, with the DEAD NO MORE teaser being tied to the book's secondary story, with its creators and characters remaining secret. The plot blurb says it focuses on an unknown character/group dealing with multiple people thought dead returning to life

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    The Geek wrote: »

Any skit of theirs not actually involving them I usually find either inoffensive or amusing.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    FakefauxFakefaux Cóiste Bodhar Driving John McCain to meet some Iraqis who'd very much like to make his acquaintanceRegistered User regular
    Personally I've been enjoying the Inhuman books more than the X-Books since they started the Inhuman push

The X-Titles are fine but they are just doing more of the HATED AND FEARED AND ENDANGERED shit that the X-Men have been doing forever and not really putting a unique enough spin on it. I'm really liking ANXM but that is mostly because I love fun teen books and Hopeless is a very good writer.

The Inhumans have been doing this really neat sci fi fantasy thing and it has really been working for me, and most of the new Inhumans have been great so far.

Yeah, the Inhumans at their best are definitely when they're going full science fantasy, straddling the cosmic/Earth division. They had some good stuff in the big cosmic renaissance of the mid 2000s, where every time they showed up things just turned into Game of Thrones in space. At their worst they're a cheap knockoff of the X-Men fused with a cheap knockoff of Thor/Asgard.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Maybe "secret group of persecuted superhumans" just doesn't really strike a chord with me

You're a straight white male, right?

I'm not even trying to be snippy/condescending. I'm sure I find the X-men to be more relatable since I'm gay and the "outsider" is their whole schtick

I've enjoyed the current Inhuman stuff well enough, but one thing that bothers me is how half the Inhumans are like...lizard people and such. There's no consistency in appearances. Sure, there's a bunch of mutants like that (Glob, Rockslide, Anole, etc) but for the most part they remain humanoid in appearance. Show me a group of Inhumans and I'd think most of them were just aliens from other planets

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    I secretly wish we were all just talking about Inhumanoids.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Keith wrote: »

You're a straight white male, right?

I'm not even trying to be snippy/condescending. I'm sure I find the X-men to be more relatable since I'm gay and the "outsider" is their whole schtick

I've enjoyed the current Inhuman stuff well enough, but one thing that bothers me is how half the Inhumans are like...lizard people and such. There's no consistency in appearances. Sure, there's a bunch of mutants like that (Glob, Rockslide, Anole, etc) but for the most part they remain humanoid in appearance. Show me a group of Inhumans and I'd think most of them were just aliens from other planets
    That's kind of their thing though

The Inhumans are meant to be more monstrous or different looking than mutants, the vast majority of which look like regular people. Obviously there are a fair amount of Inhumans that do too, but the generic crowdfilling Inhumans looking more like Aliens than people is definitely intentional.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    I also like individual inhumans well enough (Medusa is always great fun, Karnak when written well), but there are a whole lot of stuff around their society I either don't care for or find outright offputting (Alpha Primitives, Genetic Council). And a minor thing, but I quite like the designs but don't understand why half of them are wearing masks (in their original designs at least).

Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • Options
    Dizzy D wrote: »
    I also like individual inhumans well enough (Medusa is always great fun, Karnak when written well), but there are a whole lot of stuff around their society I either don't care for or find outright offputting (Alpha Primitives, Genetic Council). And a minor thing, but I quite like the designs but don't understand why half of them are wearing masks (in their original designs at least).
    The new Inhuman stuff has done a good job of just ignoring the icky things like Alpha Primitives and quitely sweeping them under the rug while turning it into a weird sci fi fantasy Royal family of superheroes and their subjects.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    the basic problem with inhumans is just that the characters aren't interesting

you got can't talk guy, hairmaster, karnak, meme dog

those are the four inhumans! there may be others. i didn't remember them because they weren't interesting

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Okay

Inhumans are boring and Black Bolt is the most boring of them all

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options

those are the four inhumans! there may be others. i didn't remember them because they weren't interesting
    Well that's kind of why Marvel has been expanding them a lot?

Kamala, Inferno, Iso, Reader, etc.

They've been introducing lots of good new Inhuman characters outside of the Royal Family

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options

They've been introducing lots of good new Inhuman characters outside of the Royal Family

And yet Agents of SHIELD is so damned determined to push Lincoln on us.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    FakefauxFakefaux Cóiste Bodhar Driving John McCain to meet some Iraqis who'd very much like to make his acquaintanceRegistered User regular
    edited January 2016

Still makes me wonder why they haven't been using Crystal much, as traditionally she's the sort of everyman Inhuman who makes the rest of them seem more relatable.

Fakefaux on
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Inhumans really approaches the outsider idea from the complete other direction from X-Men books. There's a lot of X-Men who just look human, and they sometimes play off that with the other X-Men who don't look like anything normal. Inhumans embrace the whole idea of all of their people being different, looking different, some of them having disabilities and working through that with them. They don't take their differences and hide, they plant their flag and say "We're here, we're going to do our thing, and if you don't like it we're not going to change for you or hide from you. Everyone is welcome here as long as they live here with respect."

All-New inhumans is about a group of Inhumans doing relief missions and helping the nuhumans after the Terrigen cloud.

Uncanny Inhumans is following the royal family and their relationships as they tie up loose ends.

None of it has them hiding or running away from the adversity they face.

This discussion has been closed.