As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat] of the Year

• Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    geth roll 1d815165

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Somebody might say that it`s a specially designed hat for bouncing electromagnetic waves and radiation. But is it really so? Yes, it reflects signals from cell phones, wi-fi routers, microwaves and it generally blocks waves transmitted from electric devices. It`s not blocking for 100% percent, but better than nothing. Moreover, it looks really cool! It is one of the most comfortable and functional headwear you have ever worn.
    We know that we need to say something more about the technology and design to grab your attention and trust, so here we go. To achieve the signal proof quality we use unique fabric (pure silver) which is antimicrobial, antiodor, washable and was originally produced for military purposes and we put it between the hat`s layers.
    One day we had a conversation with my cousin. He talked about one night he could not fall asleep and thought it might be caused by wi-fi or cell phone signal. He said that he would appreciate something that protects his head during the night. Then we started to think. What if there is a grain of truth in this story. Our bodies are exposed to a variety of signals the whole day - cell phones, wi-fi, satellites, tv and radio, microwaves, electric devices, lights or heavy doses of cosmic rays during the flight. It`s not a long time ago that new kinds of signals appeared and have become a part of our households and ordinary lives. You can care about switching off these devices when you do not need them but your neighbours might not.

The crazy people are going stealthy. Also this is a Kickstarter about to be funded and I am slightly pissed I didn't come up with this scam. Hrm. Same thing but underwear to protect your balls/eggs.

Didn't the copper compression/magnets people all get sued and lose for making the same health claims?

Although maybe this is getting around that because it doesn't really claim to do anything.

Dang, that's the secret to ripping people off with snake oil.

"It's better than nothing!"

All you have to do is make something that has no negative effect and it is, in fact, "better" than nothing.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    nothing like getting an urgent email from the client hours before you leave for vacation

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    YES I WILL HANDLE THIS he says as he posts about it on the forums

• Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    Too many dice, meatbag. Roll less dice or suffer.

jees geth it's one dice

• Options
    zug zug

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    Let's all skip work and play the Simpsons arcade game!

fuck yes

can i come over now.

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    Let's all skip work and play the Simpsons arcade game!

Renton 8-bit Arcade has it! As well as Turtles in Time

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    simpsons arcade game is really hard

basically impossible not to take enormous amounts of damage from the bosses. so it's very good at eating your quarters

also there's a million levels.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    geth roll 1000d1000

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    Somebody might say that it`s a specially designed hat for bouncing electromagnetic waves and radiation. But is it really so? Yes, it reflects signals from cell phones, wi-fi routers, microwaves and it generally blocks waves transmitted from electric devices. It`s not blocking for 100% percent, but better than nothing. Moreover, it looks really cool! It is one of the most comfortable and functional headwear you have ever worn.
    We know that we need to say something more about the technology and design to grab your attention and trust, so here we go. To achieve the signal proof quality we use unique fabric (pure silver) which is antimicrobial, antiodor, washable and was originally produced for military purposes and we put it between the hat`s layers.
    One day we had a conversation with my cousin. He talked about one night he could not fall asleep and thought it might be caused by wi-fi or cell phone signal. He said that he would appreciate something that protects his head during the night. Then we started to think. What if there is a grain of truth in this story. Our bodies are exposed to a variety of signals the whole day - cell phones, wi-fi, satellites, tv and radio, microwaves, electric devices, lights or heavy doses of cosmic rays during the flight. It`s not a long time ago that new kinds of signals appeared and have become a part of our households and ordinary lives. You can care about switching off these devices when you do not need them but your neighbours might not.

The crazy people are going stealthy. Also this is a Kickstarter about to be funded and I am slightly pissed I didn't come up with this scam. Hrm. Same thing but underwear to protect your balls/eggs.

No way

I want to be exposed to the maximum number of wifi signals so that my offspring will be born with built-in wireless

Cosmic radiation so they get super powers.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

basically impossible not to take enormous amounts of damage from the bosses. so it's very good at eating your quarters

Yeah it was only as an adult did I learn a lot of those arcade games of old were only interested in my money and couldn't really be beaten with one quarter.

Learning this lesson helped with my dating life.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular

that made it a good game, really

it achieved it's objective of making as much money for the owner as possible

it was the same with the X-Men game

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    geth roll 1d10t

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular

Yeah I only ever beat it once at a nickel arcade.

Good times tho.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Play_Arts_Kai_Metal_Gear_Solid_Paper_Box_02.jpg

It is coming.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

Didn't the copper compression/magnets people all get sued and lose for making the same health claims?

Although maybe this is getting around that because it doesn't really claim to do anything.

Dang, that's the secret to ripping people off with snake oil.

"It's better than nothing!"

All you have to do is make something that has no negative effect and it is, in fact, "better" than nothing.

I don't recall a lawsuit. I recall Mark Cuban being fined when one of those companies became an NBA sponsor and put the wrist bands in all of the locker rooms. So Mark Cuban made a video proclaiming them to be junk and throwing them in the trash.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    geth shit on someone's desk

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Shouldnt of expected a sale on Helldivers, oh well.

• Options
    Stop being lazy and roll your own dice!

• Options
    bowen wrote: »

i feel like this is just asking for your desk to get a giant load of robot shit

• Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    Stop being lazy and roll your own dice!
    But he's so good at it!

• Options
    Delmain wrote: »

that made it a good game, really

it achieved it's objective of making as much money for the owner as possible

it was the same with the X-Men game

I remember that old turtles arcade game. Most of my friends would use up their first life just trying to get past the falling cannonballs.

• Options
    I like Mark Cuban

• Options
    SOTAR roll 6d6 for robot uprising

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular

It's just oil.

And souls.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular

I came up with this when I googled robot shit.
    [img]http://quietus_production.s3.amazonaws.com/images/articles/5265/IMG_4202_1289486282_crop_550x450.jpg[/img]

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I like Mark Cuban

He can be a bit of a douche but he's better than like everyone else on Shark tank and the mavericks are like the @Jacobkosh of the NBA.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    I like Mark Cuban

i'd say he's in the top half of eccentric billionaires not being terrible

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    I like Mark Cuban

He matches everyone of his fines from the NBA with a charitable donation. He read Atlas Shrugged as a kid, was inspired to make his own business but realized Objectivism makes you a shitty human being.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    I'm casting a fireball at [chat]

Geth roll 1d20+2

1d20+2 15 [1d20=13]

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    geth, tell me why you left me

• Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Jesus Christ BoJack Horseman...

• Options
    SOTAR roll 6d6 for robot uprising

6 21 3 11 15 6 6

1 = a
    26 = z

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    I like Mark Cuban

i'd say he's in the top half of eccentric billionaires not being terrible

I think I'd find him annoying in person. But he definitely is not the first against the wall when the proletariat rise up and seize the means of production.

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    desc wrote: »
    I'm casting a fireball at [chat]

Geth roll 1d20+2

That's not how that spell works

Fake gamer girl detected

• Options
    Oh and he gets into flame wars with Donald Trump on twitter. And then this.

https://youtu.be/H9w_XUQyJJQ

• Options
    Neco wrote: »
    geth, tell me why you left me

You snore loudly

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Jesus Christ BoJack Horseman...

s2e11?

This discussion has been closed.