As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] lets you murder things as a space ninja

• Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    Thawmus wrote: »
    cB557 wrote: »
    cB557 wrote: »
    Oh yeah that's a good one. Go for the node immediately to the left of center. That one is really good.

Is that the passive energy boost? Does that stack with the energy aura mod I have?
    Yes but at rank 1 it'll be generating about double the energy of energy siphon and at max rank it'll be generating energy at like eight times the rate of energy siphon so once you get that node you can really probably just use another aura.

Oh sweet Jesus....my Ember is smiling so goddamn hard now.

Like energy siphon, it doesn't regenerate energy while a toggled power is active, such as world on fire.

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Question on critical kills on blinded badguymans. Is there a threshold where it won't kill them or is it an auto kill always no matter how crappy the weapon?

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Moridin889 wrote: »
    Question on critical kills on blinded badguymans. Is there a threshold where it won't kill them or is it an auto kill always no matter how crappy the weapon?

IIRC finishers do extra damage and ignore armor, but are not an instakill.

That said, there's a dagger mod that guarantees lethality on finishers.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »

Good. Currently my Inaros is immortal as long as I can cast dessicating wind. I'll look into continuing this trend.

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »

Covert Lethality. I assure you that you will be swimming in them if you ever try to get Ivara.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    https://forums.warframe.com/topic/665427-hotfix-lunaro-7/

Lunaro: Hotfix 7

Changes

Grineer Shield Lancers can now perform all standard context actions (vault-overs, jump-downs, climb ups, etc) -- this should help them join the action in Uranus Defense missions.
    Increased distance Corrupted Butchers will run to attack players. This also fixes Corrupted Butchers standing around if their target is > 25m away.

Fixes

Fixed incorrect Prime item drop values in T4 Mobile Defense and Survival. The return of Mag Prime, Dakra Prime, and Boar Prime skewed the drop tables accidentally, and for that we apologize. (One job, Sheldon) Please note that consoles will receive this fix in a near Hotfix.
    Fixed Operator customizations reverting to the default appearance upon login.
    Fixed melee enemies sometimes attempting to stare you to death in Interception missions; they have been encouraged to use their weapons, teeth and claws instead.
    Fixed female Grineer Wardens and Eximus’ using male voices.
    Fixed incorrect localization in The Archwing quest.
    tldr; get fucked if you didn't immediately farm for the Vaulted stuff

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Just went to C2 in a T3D for the first time in quite a while and boy, was that a good reminder of why I don't do that much.

• Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    You guys still active on PC? I just got into this last night. Picked Excalibur and bought the Braton once I had the credits. Seems like it will be fun.

• Options
    Feldorn wrote: »
    You guys still active on PC? I just got into this last night. Picked Excalibur and bought the Braton once I had the credits. Seems like it will be fun.

Reasonably. There's usually a few people on during peak hours.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Double drops all weekend. All praise based DE.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Double drops all weekend. All praise based DE.

I love that I log in, and get two e-mails. In the first, in wonderfully in-universe flavor, Darvo basically gives me 4th of July fireworks and shills for more Warframe sales (completely on point, for him).

In the second, Space Mom is all "YOU GET DOUBLE DROPS", with no attempt to flavor up the message.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    Do I have to be online for a Clan Invite? Is there a Steam Group?

I'd like in, I'll be playing later tonight I reckon.

I added my name to the Google Doc.

• Options
    Nips wrote: »
    I have a a Rank 30 potato'd Atomos (no Forma). It's as effing ridiculous as advertised. Aside from its short range, its CC is just bonkers; groups of things basically melt in the blink of an eye.

I kinda want to Forma it, but I still can't decide what Secondary is going to be my go-to for SRS BZNS. I love my Twin Grakata so much, and my Stug, and the only thing keeping the Atomos from winning outright is its limited range (given that I'm usually carrying my Tonkor for SRS BZNS, I've already got suitable CC in my primary).

Just to report back--finally started leveling the Atomos. Haven't even potato'd it but I don't think I'm feeling it. The short range is pretty killer and even the chaining isn't that great. With the low status chance, it needs to actually kill things very quickly to justify exposing to fire like that because it isn't superlative at procing Blast to at least buy more time.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    I have a a Rank 30 potato'd Atomos (no Forma). It's as effing ridiculous as advertised. Aside from its short range, its CC is just bonkers; groups of things basically melt in the blink of an eye.

I kinda want to Forma it, but I still can't decide what Secondary is going to be my go-to for SRS BZNS. I love my Twin Grakata so much, and my Stug, and the only thing keeping the Atomos from winning outright is its limited range (given that I'm usually carrying my Tonkor for SRS BZNS, I've already got suitable CC in my primary).

Just to report back--finally started leveling the Atomos. Haven't even potato'd it but I don't think I'm feeling it. The short range is pretty killer and even the chaining isn't that great. With the low status chance, it needs to actually kill things very quickly to justify exposing to fire like that because it isn't superlative at procing Blast to at least buy more time.

????

??????

My atomos instantly kills an entire room

but I guess I have forma'd it a few times.

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular

????

??????

Atomos needs Lethal Extension to be any good - and you can only get that via farming your butt of vs the Jackal. Once you've got Lethal Extension, it goes from "Kinda derpy" to "Room-hoser" easily.

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options

????

??????

Atomos needs Lethal Extension to be any good - and you can only get that via farming your butt of vs the Jackal. Once you've got Lethal Extension, it goes from "Kinda derpy" to "Room-hoser" easily.

Ruinous Extension, but yes, I don't have it.

I was using a 25 or so Atomos against Level 20 enemies and while it was killing them, it wasn't instant. Can't really fit much in mod-wise with only 25 points, though. (I think it was Hornet Strike and a dual stat.)

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    unforma'd and tato'd Atomos is going to be pretty weak unless you're using diluted strong mods prop it up. A hornet strike and a dual stat isn't going to make it look good at all.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Do the Orokin Vaults in the Derelict have a guaranteed chance to spawn somewhere on the map (barring Assasination or Defense)?

Ran my first Derelict mission tonight, and was surprised (then saddened) to run across one.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular

????

??????

I was using a 25 or so Atomos against Level 20 enemies and while it was killing them, it wasn't instant. Can't really fit much in mod-wise with only 25 points, though. (I think it was Hornet Strike and a dual stat.)

To be fair, a stiff breeze kills lvl 20 enemies. Though I'm not so sure that zephyr does...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Spoit wrote: »

????

??????

To be fair, a stiff breeze kills lvl 20 enemies. Though I'm not so sure that zephyr does...
    Yes, that was sort of my point. Anything reasonably strong should fart all over level 20 enemies.
    Do the Orokin Vaults in the Derelict have a guaranteed chance to spawn somewhere on the map (barring Assasination or Defense)?

Ran my first Derelict mission tonight, and was surprised (then saddened) to run across one.
    Correct, there will always be a Vault somewhere on the map.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    ALERT! ALERT! ALERT!

Kubrow Egg at Methone, Saturn. Archwing Extermination, up for about 1:15.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular

You've been cordially invited to the Space Knights of Arcadia. Please don't over-feed the koi and enjoy your stay!

Do drop by the second floor of the dojo (if you can find it) for an amazing variety of space fish.

• Options
    MrGrimoire wrote: »

You've been cordially invited to the Space Knights of Arcadia. Please don't over-feed the koi and enjoy your stay!

Do drop by the second floor of the dojo (if you can find it) for an amazing variety of space fish.

Sweet, thanks. I'll drop in tonight.

Last night I finished the initial quest. I've pick up Braton and Akleto so far.

Everyone seems to recommend Rhino for the first extra frame, and fewer recommend Nyx. What day y'all?

Also, what's a good first melee weapon to work on?

• Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular

Everyone seems to recommend Rhino for the first extra frame, and fewer recommend Nyx. What day y'all?

I'm still kinda new, and I still use Rhino whenever I have a harder mission to go on. He has an Iron Skin ability that makes you immune to damage for a really really long time. It also keeps you from being poisoned, knocked down (by most things), punctured, etc. It's a really good idea to get him first.

I'm probably too green to recommend a first melee weapon, but I love my Amphis. Though I really started loving it when I got the Clashing Forest stance mod.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    Rhino is really good for new players both because it's the earliest frame you can get, and because of how much easier Iron Skin makes early missions. Iron Skin's effectiveness falls off in the later game, but in the early game you might as well be invincible.
    As for melee, it's honestly not very important. The only time it'll really matter what melee weapon you're using is if you're doing a rage+life strike build, and only a small subset of frames can pull that off. Just get one that you think sounds cool. I like the obex, myself.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited July 2016

I don't think running Nyx as a new player is all that good of a idea. You positively can do it, but running her with low to mid-range mods is going to be a little challenging. I run a Nyx, but my mods allow me to CC an entire tile spamming psychic bolts. I rarely use chaos. Some people mod her so she can have a 500% damage MC'd guy up all the time (not really a fan of that build though). Defensively you have her absorb power so you won't die in a pinch, but yeah. It'd be rough without good frame mods.

Rhino is a great frame that requires very little in the way of mods to play effectively, where effective play is not dying all the time.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Baro shows up in under 45 minutes, and for the first time I'm actually ready to peruse his wares. So hyped right now. I hope Santa Baro brings something good to buy!

• Options
    DartboyDartboy Registered User regular
    Isn't this the last one before the next update? Wonder if they'll try to entice people to dump all their spare prime parts before they change all the void stuff up, potentially changing the drop tables for everything.

• Options

I don't think running Nyx as a new player is all that good of a idea. You positively can do it, but running her with low to mid-range mods is going to be a little challenging. I run a Nyx, but my mods allow me to CC an entire tile spamming psychic bolts. I rarely use chaos. Some people mod her so she can have a 500% damage MC'd guy up all the time (not really a fan of that build though). Defensively you have her absorb power so you won't die in a pinch, but yeah. It'd be rough without good frame mods.

Rhino is a great frame that requires very little in the way of mods to play effectively, where effective play is not dying all the time.
    Comparatively, I only bring Nyx out these days on Mobile Defense and Interception, where I do nothing but spam Chaos (Sphere) and laugh. But yes, playing her without an appropriate set of mods and an Augment or too is missing out.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks for the info. Will head to the wiki and figure out what I'll need to do to get rhino going.

• Options
    Baro on Kronia on PC:
    Primed Rifle Ammo Mutation - 400
    Primed Shotgun Ammo Mutation - 400
    Primed Pistol Ammo Mutation - 400
    Primed Reach - 300

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Also, for alerts, can a total newbie do those, our at least find people to help me do them?

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Also, for alerts, can a total newbie do those, our at least find people to help me do them?

Depends on the alert usually. If the reward is a popular one you will probably have no trouble finding a group, if not, might be hard depending on your gear/special alerts/etc.

Orphane on
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Orphane wrote: »

Depends on the alert usually. If the reward is a popular one you will probably have no trouble finding a group, if not, might be hard depending on your gear/special alerts/etc.

Don't forget, you need the node unlocked to get into the alert. A totally new player will likely need someone to carry them to it.

Had to fight through a node last night myself, just to get to the one I wanted in time x_x.

Baro on Kronia on PC:
    Primed Reach - 300

Boooooo!!! Really? Ugh. That's just so disappointing.

[Edit] Wait, maybe Primed Reach is worth it?

Nips on
  • Options

If it's an available mission for you, just look at the level, and decide if you can handle it. It's basically a mission like any other you go on, only there's an extra reward at the end. If the alert is on Earth, Mars, Mercury, or Venus, go for it. The worst that can happen is that you fall down a bunch, but that's unlikely.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular

Don't forget, you need the node unlocked to get into the alert. A totally new player will likely need someone to carry them to it.

Had to fight through a node last night myself, just to get to the one I wanted in time x_x.

Baro on Kronia on PC:
    Primed Reach - 300

Primed reach is good, but fuck mods, Baro has a new syandana! It's really just a reskin of the last one, but it still looks nice

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Darmak wrote: »

Baro on Kronia on PC:
    Primed Reach - 300

Primed reach is good, but fuck mods, Baro has a new syandana! It's really just a reskin of the last one, but it still looks nice

...but I'm not rich enough to play FashionFrame while still developing my meager high-end-gear collection. :(

• Options
    I am a really long way away from playing FashionFrame, but, even if I wasn't? I have a Limbo. He's all the fashion I need.

• Options
    How does one get Limbo while still being a long way away from FashionFrame?

• Options
    I am a really long way away from playing FashionFrame, but, even if I wasn't? I have a Limbo. He's all the fashion I need.

I have a Valkyr with the Bastet helmet, and a Oberon with the Oryx helm. That's about a shiny as I get.

This discussion has been closed.